Where Are All the Friendly Brides???
Been noticing a lot of hostility on WW recently and it's so disappointing! I feel like every thread I make or post in I see people being rude to others or saying negative comments and then defending them with "well that's just my opinion". Not trying to go on a rant or anything, just curious if anyone else felt this way?

I_Found_Mr_Wright
Married: 08/24/2012
Reviews: 8
This discussion has been locked by an Administrator.
Posted On: Apr 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

66 Comments

Mrs. Endres
Married: 12/16/2012
Reviews: 5
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:10 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
yes, either that or ignored...but I guess poeple are busy. Im afraid to post sometimes

I_Found_Mr_Wright
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:12 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Same here Violet! Whenever I have a question or would like advice I'm always afraid I will get attacked. Oh well, I just post anyways and ignore the haters! You should too! Us nice girls will stick together! :-)

Andrea Ank.
Married: 04/07/2012
I posted about all the negativity too. This is my outlet and I know that people sometimes dont have anyone else to talk to about issues that are going on, but I would rather do without all the hate that is running ramapant!

I know life is not all butterflies and rainbows but Id rather focus on positive things and let the negatives fade away.

Unless something is life altering then I think that it should be kept private and some people have a hard time not telling everything that is going on.

Thanks Mrs Wright... keep positive!
Edited On: Apr 02, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Married: 03/14/2014
Reviews: 3
I actually was just thinking it seemed nicer hear then usual! Like with the young bride thread, it was so civil. I was expecting it to go off like those kind of posts usually do. It goes in cycles....just ignore the comments you find obnoxious :)

Married: 05/12/2012
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:13 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I definitely feel that way. Things have been getting hostile lately. I just spent half an hour reading (with slight amusement) arguments between members on various posts. I am also afraid to post...this is actually my very first one :)

Married: 05/11/2012
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:13 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I felt that way when I first signed up. I was nervous to post anything. Now I just don't pay attention unless I'm interested in something.

Married: 01/05/2012
Reviews: 1
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:16 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Mags, you're right.. it's NOTHING like it has been in the past! There was a while where there were trolls everywhere, farting all over the threads ;P It really didn't bother me so much.. but it gets annoying after a while.
I don't feel the hate here at all though... no one is calling anyone stupid, questions are being answered honestly and politely at that.. I feel there is a huge difference between being blunt and being "hostile" and I've seen mostly "blunt" comments.. no hostility.. unless I'm missing something?

I_Found_Mr_Wright
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:16 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Glad to see other people feeling the same way!
Andrea, I could not agree more!

Married: 07/04/2012
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:17 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
i try to be nice! lol i'm sorry ladys!

I_Found_Mr_Wright
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:18 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm not saying there's hostility in every thread, I've just been seeing certain posters continually stirring up drama & it just seems really mean and negative to me.

I_Found_Mr_Wright
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:19 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
On the flip side, I've also met some super nice brides that have been SOOO helpful with answering questions and going out of their way to be kind and supportive :)
Hope I'm not sounding like a Debbie Downer LOL

Married: 07/21/2012
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:21 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I use to use Brides.com. But they were awful there. Another Bride told me about this website and how friendly everyone is, but over the past year I have noticed the rudeness too. Wedding wire is slowly becoming just like Brides.com. I dont even post questions anymore because of the negativity in the feedback. I have so many things I need help with, and I dont feel like asking out of fear I will be called Tacky..

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:22 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
It's sad that some people can be rude (shown on my forum). However, you have to ignore those individuals and post what you feel can help the bride. I appreciate the comment you made on my forum. Thanks!

I_Found_Mr_Wright
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:23 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Aw, Sasha, I'm sorry you feel like you can't post! Feel free to contact me if you'd like! I definitely don't know all the answers but I am always willing to try to help! :)

Nalani
Married: 06/30/2012
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:23 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I havent been on much over the past three weeks but I have seen a few hostile posts. Ones directly aimed at attacking people who they thought were fake.

However, its not usually like this so newcomers just wait it out, but realize that some people state their opinions and don't mean to be rude, but it seems that they are. Just Take everything with a grain of salt. Not everyone will like your colors or themes who cares! Not everyone will agree with you, f*ck them and do what you want, your wedding is about you not me or anyone else, dont forget that!

I_Found_Mr_Wright
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:25 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
No problem, Crystal! Like I said before, we need to try to lift each other up, not bring each other down. Wedding planning is enough drama, no need to make it worse! lol

Married: 03/14/2014
Reviews: 3
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:25 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Agree Jen P. I was wondering if there was like a mass banning of people or something.(partially kidding!) I haven't seen some of the old vets around in awhile. I actually started posting again because it seemed like things had gotten better here. Lets all just enjoy the peaceful waters.
If you do ask for opinions though expect to get them! If you want to ask something thats really personal or sensitive what I suggest is sending a message to a buddy or someone whos opinion you really value or whatever. Thats what I have done in the past :)

I_Found_Mr_Wright
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:28 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
That's good advice Mags! I will NEVER post a thread and ask "Am I Over-reacting?" again LOL...that's a guarantee you will get attacked!!

Married: 03/12/2012
Reviews: 1
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:29 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
It's not all hostility. It's honesty. I think it's good. I've been snapped out of some of my diva moments by the ladies here when I really needed it. It may not always be a tea party, but most people don't just say something like "that's stupid!" or call each other profanities. This place is not that bad really. Have you been to The Knot's forums? Those ladies are meean and kinda cliquey. I don't think it would be good or healthy if everyone went into stepford wife mode and only said pleasant sunny things that had no substance either. The nicest posts can be found on dress/ring/shoe threads as well as DIY threads.

I_Found_Mr_Wright
Apr 02, 2012 at 12:34 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm not saying everyone has to sugar-coat everything but just have common courtesy and respect. Everyone interprets things differently and you never know how what you say can affect someone.
Sorry, this discussion has been locked by an Administrator.

Topics

Vow of Conduct