Whats Your Guest Book or Alternative?
So............
Who's doing a guest book or using an appropriate alternative? Ive been thinking about this frame thing but damn its expensive! I'd like some other ideas, but something that could be displayed.

what are you guys doing? show me pics :-)

Married: 09/29/2012
Reviews: 1
Posted On: Mar 29, 2012 at 1:02 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

50 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«123»

RWC
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 8
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we did this custom jersey. i love it - just waiting to frame it (haven't had a chance yet!)

eta: weird no idea why the picture is stretched like that. oh well - you get the idea :)

Edited On: Mar 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Married: 10/15/2011
Reviews: 7
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I don't have the pic with me, but we did the frame too. It was from Michaels, so it's much less fancy than your pic, but I still love it :-)

Married: 08/04/2012
Reviews: 5
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
FH and I rekindled our relationship 4 years ago at a wedding. I caught the bouquet and he caught the garter. Our friend has a pic of him putting the garter on my leg, so we are giong to blow that up and have everyone sign that.

RWC
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:08 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@shawna that is so cute!

Married: 05/12/2012
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@ RWC...that is what we are doing. What type of pens did you use?

Married: 05/05/2012
We're using the picture frame. It is expensive, but so worth it I think. I didn't want just a book that would get put in a box and get stored some where. This way we can have a nice wedding pic on the wall surrounded by our family and friends love.

Andrea
Reviews: 6
We're using a thumbprint tree. We bought one off of Etsy that looks like this one. We're going to use a couple different shades of green ink for the thumbprints. FH and I plan to frame it and hang it up after the wedding.

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
OMG, RWC that jersey is perfect. FH is a huge boston sports fan. Im going to pitch this to him tonight.

@shawna-thats cool: i wish we had something that we could do like that. We met at the Y tho, not really digging the idea of having that in my house.

RWC
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@shannon - we used sharpies! worked great.

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
with the thumbprint trees do people sign them? ive seen but i was kinda confused.

Married: 12/01/2012
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are doing a christmas ornament guest book. We have havent decided between the balls or the flat ones yet. I am leaning towards the flat ones though, bc we will have lots of children there.

Married: 04/20/2013
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
i am doing a wishing tree..it was fairly inexpensive since i got everything at hobby lobby..the vase cost the most..basically you get some fake branches put them in a big glass vase and anchor them down with rocks or sand..then get beaded garlands to drape over the branches..got mine all 50 percent off at hobby lobby..they have that sale every other week.i got stock paper and ribbons and will cut out the tags to hang on the tree then punch a hole in them and insert ribbon so the guest can write their wishes and hang them on the tree.i even found a poem online and tweaked it a bit that i am going to have framed and sit next to the tree explaining what it is.heres a pic of what one could look like..mine is not put together yet and stored at my moms so cant really take a pic of mine.and here is the wedding poem.
continued.....

Married: 04/20/2013
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The Wishing Tree

Here stands our wedding tree

though it looks a little bare

but it would look so pretty

with the thoughts you want to share

So pick up the pen and start to write

your best advice or something nice

a joke, a note, a funny quote

or something from the heart

Please don't forget, it would be such a shame

to write your words and sign your name

then hang it on the branches of this wishing tree

for us to cherish always, from all the love we see

And in the years that follow

we'll remember on this day

all your thoughts and words so kind

and in our hearts you'll stay

Love,

Heather & James

Andrea
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Blair, we are going to have our guests sign the thumbprint tree. We'll probably print out a poem like this for our instructions:

"Leaf" your thumbprint on a branch,
then sign your name below,
so in the years to come,
we know who helped to make our marriage grow!

Our guests will put their thumbprints onto the tree, and will sign their names beneath their thumbprints. We'll have some wet wipes set up next to the ink so that they can wipe off their hands afterwards.

Just Reenski
Married: 1+ year ago
Reviews: 9
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Courtney V -- OMG, that is such an amazing idea!!!

My current plan is to use a photobook with our engagement pictures and lots of blank space for guests to write in. Not very creative. I like a lot of the ideas on here, though!

Married: 04/21/2012
Reviews: 2
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are having a photo booth.. every picture has a copy printed, so we plan on having guests put a copy of their picture in our scrapbook and writing a message next to it in silver sharpie.

Married: 03/16/2012
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we did a photo frame dont have any pics of it :(

krisalicious
Married: 04/28/2012
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Christmas ornament idea. That is brilliant.

I've been waffling about our guest book for months. That's it!

@Courtney - where do you get those out of season? Especially the flat ones?

Married: 05/12/2012
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks RWC. Thats what I was planning, glad it worked out great. I love everyones ideas.

Married: 09/15/2012
Reviews: 3
Mar 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we want to do a baseball bat or have our guests sign a few baseballs [but not sure how we'd work that yet] & i'm actually still debating how well the baseball bat would turn out too.

Login or Signup to post a comment!
«123»

Topics

Vow of Conduct