What order do you get announced into the reception?
I know the order the Bridesmaids and Groomsmen go in but do you put the Ringbearers before the Bridesmaids or after. Then do you announce the parents into the Reception first.

Married: 10/09/2010
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Sep 6, 2010 at 2:37 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

8 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 08/12/2011
Reviews: 11
Sep 06, 2010 at 3:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm going to have them announced in the same order they walked down the aisle. We aren't announcing parents but if we were I would have them go first.

Ab
Married: 10/29/2011
Sep 06, 2010 at 3:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
At my cousin's wedding they announced teh parents/grandparents I think after the toasts, before people got ready to eat; and had them stand up at their tables when their names were called. But I'm sure there are many different ways to do it..I'm not sure about ringbearers?
Sep 06, 2010 at 7:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Amanda - It's really up to you and Jeremy, but a typical announcement order would be:
Parents of the Bride
Parents of the Groom
Usher(s)
Flower Girl & Ringbearer
Bridesmaid(s) & Groomsmen announced as couples
Maid/Matron of Honor & Best Man
You & Jeremy.

Twin DJ's

Twin DJ's
Sep 06, 2010 at 7:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree with what Dan posted for the order. Normally I play the song the bridal party walked down the isle to and play a good up beat song for announcing the bride and groom as this will set the mood for the evening.
Sep 07, 2010 at 12:40 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
We typically announce the wedding party only in ascending order, with the flower girl and ring bearer first, and all the way to the best man/maid of honor just before the bride and groom.

We give our brides a choice to announce/acknowledge the bride and groom's parents. About 30-40% of the time they respond.

Married: 10/09/2010
Reviews: 5
Sep 07, 2010 at 9:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yeah thats they Way I was thinking it went then I was Confused as to where parents went in. I know I wanna announce my parents but I don't know if My FH will want to walk in because of medical Conditions they have.

Married: 08/22/2010
Reviews: 9
Sep 07, 2010 at 10:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we did Dan's lineup only our ushers were the groomsmen & we only had 1 FG.

Rane
Married: 03/05/2011
Reviews: 8
Sep 07, 2010 at 10:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm not having the DJ announce anyone but me and my fh... it's just easier that way and everyone knows each other...
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct