What does the mother of the bride wear?
I need help what does the mother of the bride wear my main color is fuchsia pink.

Married: 07/27/2012
Reviews: 3
Posted On: Nov 6, 2009 at 7:20 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

10 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 06/13/2010
Nov 06, 2009 at 7:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Whatever she's the most comfortable in. She's not obligated to match your bridal party.

Married: 10/10/2010
Nov 06, 2009 at 7:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Anything that doesn't clash with that color. If you need ideas, I know Alfred Angelo and I think David's Bridal have lots of MOB/special occasion stuff. You can look at their color charts to get an idea of what would look good.

My thoughts: Orange, green, yellow, blue. Whatever your mom feels comfortable in, really.

My colors are chocolate, burnt orange and deep red. My mom is currently planning a forest green dress.

LuckyinLove
Wedding: [Private]
Nov 06, 2009 at 7:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My colors are purple and silver. My mom is a purple hater so she will be wearing silver and my step-father will be in a black tux with matching silver tie/vest. Whereas the rest of bridal party will be wearing purple. We thought her dress would be a wonderful contrast to all the purple. How does you mom feel about wearing pink?

Married: 07/27/2012
Reviews: 3
Nov 06, 2009 at 7:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
shes ok with pink I just want to be puking up fuchsia Lol unless she did a light pink...

3.6.10Bride
Married: 03/06/2010
Reviews: 2
Nov 06, 2009 at 7:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think a pastel pink would be pretty.

Married: 10/24/2009
Nov 06, 2009 at 8:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My mom wore a knee length dress with a cute jacket. Her dress matched our color scheme and the style of my bridesmaid dresses. Our bridesmaid dresses had rows of fabric, I called them my mummy dress. My mom's dress mimicked this look. She got her dress at Younkers (aka Boston Store.) Not sure if you have that by you. But it was very reasonable. And she can wear it again.
Nov 06, 2009 at 10:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Some of the classiest MOB dresses I have seen lately have been in a shiny silk steel grey or other neutral colors. They look great in pictures and don't clash with the colorful bridesmaid dresses. They look age appropriate and allow the bride to stand out in the pictures.

LuckyinLove
Wedding: [Private]
Nov 06, 2009 at 10:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
As long as she is okay with then take her shopping and let her chose something that she is comfortable in though is the color that you want.

Married: 08/28/2010
Nov 08, 2009 at 11:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have same issues, and of what my grandma would wear since she is the one walking mein the isle first(then my dad will get me off my grandma kinda symbolizing where I come from) But over research and weddings Ive gone to....: The mother of the bride should wear something comfortable because its your day but its her day too since you are her daughter and its the best day of your life, you dont want her fussing about it. Just how you should be comfortable with your dress. About color, I would suggest she can compliment your wedding but, to not be the exact colors maybe just a different shade that way you can make her stand out from your bridesmaids. and it would look great in pictures!!!! Good luck!!!

Married: 09/12/2009
Reviews: 8
Nov 09, 2009 at 5:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
She should wear a neutral color. My Mom wore a light goldish color. It doesn't have to be long, it depends on the wedding. A cool tradition I've seen before is the bride's mother wears pink and the groom's mother wears blue.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct