What do you say?
My shower is in about 3 weeks and alot of ladies have asked FH and I what we want/like the most on our registry. I feel bad telling them what we want. It's like, "Hey, go buy me something!" Let alone tell them WHAT to buy... My own friend said I was too nice and I should just tell people what to get me. The registry is for that purpose IMO.

Married: 06/30/2012
Posted On: Apr 16, 2012 at 11:32 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

8 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 08/31/2012
Reviews: 6
Apr 16, 2012 at 11:34 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
i would just say you being there is the best gift, if you need another idea go to our registry. we picked everything out on there and would love anything you pick!!

Married: 10/13/2012
Reviews: 7
Apr 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have a hard time with the gifts/parties part of this process too as I don't want to impose on people. Ask FH as traditionally the dudes are a little less shy about this kind of thing (at least mine is).

Future Mrs. M
Married: 1+ year ago
Reviews: 6
Apr 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think the registry is for that purpose too. I do tell people that I really just want them to be there (because it's true). In the end, we will still buy the unpurchased items for ourselves because we would like to have them regardless. They care enough to buy something. I really don't think you should tell people what you want them to get off of the list. If people don't know about the registry, you can always mention it.

Married: 06/30/2012
Apr 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thats exactly what I say. Having them there IS the true gift. Lol, Rae-mine is too.

Married: 06/13/2012
Reviews: 16
Apr 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Certain registries allow you mark your favorite items that way you won't have to say a word.

Married: 09/15/2012
Reviews: 8
Apr 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree - I only put things on the registry that we really want/need down to the smallest price range. Anything received from our registry will be a treasured gift.

WasSoon2BMrsSmith
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 5
Apr 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
my mom did the same on the weekend, she said can you please pick some big ticket items so a bunch of us can go in and get what you really want.

So Im going to pick a bed frame I think?

Married: 04/27/2012
Reviews: 10
Apr 17, 2012 at 12:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I feel weird, too...so I say "no gift is necessary, we just want you there", but they KNOW I have a registry because they are asking about it so it makes me feel bad :(
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct