welcome gift bag for out-of-town guests
Hey guys,
I have been thinking about welcome gifts for out of towners, and we will be needing 17 packages. I have been pondering about what to get for our guests, and finally decided to have a bag with relaxing bath salts (3 different kinds in each bag), candles, and a bottle of wine. And a personalized (with the guests's name on it) note that welcomes them to San Diego, thanking them for traveling so far and offering them to enjoy a relaxing bath in a nice ambiance of candles and maybe with a glass of wine... What do you think? I broke my head thinking of what to include in the welcome bag...

Married: 09/22/2012
Reviews: 1
Posted On: Aug 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

6 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

KM
Married: 2+ years ago
Aug 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Don't forget snacks and water...those are the items I always use first out of guest bags.

KM
Married: 2+ years ago
Aug 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Don't forget snacks and water...those are the items I always use first out of guest bags.

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 18
Aug 23, 2012 at 6:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think what you are planning on giving is a lovely idea, however, it can get rather costly. Your OOT guests are going to love them though.

I did them for my DW and they were items that would use in the saddle bag of a motorcycle(wipes, hand sanitizer, lip balm, tissues, gum, mints) plus snacks, water and a bottle of maple syrup and a personalized post card.

For Cate's wedding, we did a Welcome to Philly theme and put all things Philly in them: Hershey bar/kisses; Goldenbergs Peanut Chews; Quaker Granola Bars; Utz Chips; Snyders Pretzels and TastyKake. We didn't do water. We gave out cold water outside of church after the ceremony.

Married: 06/23/2012
Aug 26, 2012 at 8:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Check out this site for some great ideas for out of town gift bags. Don't forget that if you need to buy water or snacks Costco or SAMs club will help keep costs down!http://www.celebrationideasonline.com/wedding-gift-bags-for-out-of-town-guests.html

Married: 11/13/2011
Reviews: 6
Aug 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Please don’t forget to change your avatar so we remember you and so we can separate brides from spammers! Here’s how to do that and more! Happy planning!
http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/new-to-the-weddingwire-forums-please-read-before-you-post/b433c40c1a62b96a.html

Married: 08/31/2012
Aug 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am finally done with mine.. so water, single packets of advil from drugstore.com super cheap!!, granola bar, mints, mini bottle of the airplane bottle size of Cafe XO Patron (sooooo gooood).. went to local big liquor store & bought a case. Much cheaper & left over ill be more then happy to drink it my self lol... also alka seltzer foe the next morning that will be rough, small packet of tissues that they can take with them to the wedding when they will start crying lol (ill have extras at the ceremony) a small thank you note..
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct