Wedding Reception Ideas for Park
Hi everyone. I am wondering I am getting married in june 2010 in a local park. The question is how should my guest dress at the park? How should our food be served? And what type of food should be serverd? we're thinking BBQ is this possible being our families are BBQ FANS!! LOL. And what colors would you suggest. I am using a shade of light blue,silver, and white. How should I decorate for our special day. Should we rent a pavilion? we cannot rent a tent because the park company says it's policy rules. Should we reserve space for our event? What about the bad weather in case, but it does happen. Or should we just rent a nice hall.The cost of the park will cost us $300.00 which is great. But we would like to enjoy our day without it looking tacky. Any suggetions would be great.

Married: 2+ years ago
Posted On: Aug 17, 2009 at 12:25 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

6 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

CelticChick831
Married: 10/17/2009
Reviews: 7
Aug 17, 2009 at 12:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
i would get a pavilion or talk with the park and see if you can find another way to ancor a small tent if it would be ok then. A lot of parks dont want you driving things into the ground or big eye sores. The colors are beautiful and I think if you use the beauty of the park with some extra flowers it would really pop. Maybe use hydrangas (sp?) they come in a great shade of light blue and white. I have a great website for tule if you wanted to decorate the pavilion with it. I got like 80yds for $40.

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Reviews: 10
Aug 17, 2009 at 3:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Sweet33, How hot is it when you're getting married? If it's overly hot, I would suggest having a indoor dinner, if you can't rent tents to provide shade and cool down, then your guest are going to be boiling and not wanting to eat hot food, Also, not that I hate eating outside, I just hate bugs in and around food! Compromise and have an outddor wedding at the park and a lovely cool indoor dinner
Hey Celtic Chic, what is the site for the tulle?

CelticChick831
Married: 10/17/2009
Reviews: 7
Aug 17, 2009 at 3:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
http://www.tullesource.com/tulle-fabric.html
and
http://www.efavormart.com/largeformattulle.aspx
I got mine from efavor along with some organza to cover an arch. They have sooo much and a lot of the tule is on sale right now.

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Reviews: 10
Aug 17, 2009 at 3:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would keeo the messy food to a minium also..don't wanna stain that georgeous gown! Also, the receptin hall can be your back up incase it rains, that is what we are doing

Aug 17, 2009 at 3:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks everyone for suggestions. We're getting ready to look at a hall which I think will work best in case of inclement weather so true. I dn't want to mess up my gown. Hey celtic chick thanks s much for te information I needed will get back to you. Thanks again everyonone for great suggestions.

Gershelda
Married: 10/10/2009
Aug 17, 2009 at 6:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
what about a picnic (sp?). I have heard some brides that get married in a park make brown bag lunches/dinners. One even went so far as to make checkered blankets for the guest to put on the grass during the reception and it was their favor, as well, depending on how casual/formal it is. We thought about it. But instead we coming back home and having a bomb fire/hotdog roast.
$300.00 for the park? It is the whole park? We're getting married at a park and it's only gonna cost us like $25.00!!!
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct