Wedding Program Thank You
I need some help with how to word the "thank you" section of our program.

Of course I want to thank everyone for sharing our special day and being there, but I wanted to also show appreciation to my parents. They have paid for the wedding and my mom has done to much to plan it...it really wouldn't be possible without them. However, my fiance's parents are not involved AT ALL. We aren't sure if they are going to attend or not. We were told by his sister that they do not want anything to do with the wedding. Is it possible to thank only one set of parents, or do I need to leave that out of the program all together?

Married: 05/14/2011
Posted On: Apr 10, 2011 at 2:45 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

8 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 06/11/2011
Apr 10, 2011 at 2:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Here is an idea for you:

We are so grateful that so many of our friends and family are here today, as we become husband and wife. Each of you has helped us grow into the people we are today. We especially want to thank Samuel Jones and Jane and Tom Smith, our parents, for their love and support over the years. To our friends, who've witnessed our growing together as a couple, we thank you for hanging in there through our good times and troubled ones. To Gertrude, who introduced us, we owe a debt that can never be repaid (although we'll try!). Finally, we hold a quiet prayer in our hearts for Sarah Jones, John's late mother. We know she's watching over us today.
Thank you for joining us on this important day in our lives,
John and Sarah

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 18
Apr 10, 2011 at 2:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
It is perfectly okay to thank your parents and not his. If they are not interested in going to the wedding, than they won't see it any how.

Good luck!

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 18
Apr 10, 2011 at 2:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
It is perfectly okay to thank your parents and not his. If they are not interested in going to the wedding, than they won't see it any how.

Good luck!

Hayley C™
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 1
Apr 10, 2011 at 3:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
First we would like to thank you, our close family and friends, for traveling the distance to join us in our marriage celebration. We also thank and acknowledge our parents for their love, guidance, and influence on our lives. A special thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Ashley's Parents for your support, patience and encouragement. We will never forget the countless hours and resources that you dedicated to make this day special for us. With out you this day never would have been possible. We also honor our grandparents, family and friends that could not be here today. We love you and will be thinking of you.

Eat, Drink and Dance!

Love,

more ideas to cut and past on here...
http://www.documentsanddesigns.com/reception_accessories/Wedding_Programs/Wedding_Programs_Service_Verses_Rememberance.htm

Married: 09/08/2012
Apr 10, 2011 at 3:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Well I am sure some of your attendents probably already know how the FH parents are so that will take a lot of the understanding, but if they are rude enough to pass that message along then it shouldn't matter leaving them out. Also for those that don't know they can just assume it is a complete traditional wedding where the brides family paid for EVERYTHING, like in the olden days so to say, and you can right something like "Our deepest gratitude to the mother and father of the bride.... I don't think people will read too much into it.

On Our program I think I will have a section that says "Our deepest gratitude to our Sponsor" and then list the people and what they sponsored. They'll focus on who did what not who didn't do what.

Married: 05/14/2011
Apr 10, 2011 at 3:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks for the ideas!
I like the idea of "a special thank you to the bride's parents" or something along those lines.

Married: 09/08/2012
Apr 10, 2011 at 3:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@ Donna C. -OMG that is amazingly perfect. If you don't mind I may take that exactly, we have been through tough times and have made it and a lot of our friends have been witness to our triumph, a friend did introduce us and we are not sure if he understands that we are greatful to him for that and want to acknowledge him in the wedding somehow, and the FH mother has passed. Thank you that is so perfect we were wondering how to incorporate something out to her for everyone to know without make an emotional distress.

Married: 06/11/2011
Apr 10, 2011 at 7:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Your so welcome. All I did was just searched on the web for it and hoped that it would some how work or that you could make it your own.
Edited On: Apr 10, 2011 at 7:07 PM
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct