A wedding in 6 weeks?
So my supervisor has been engaged for 3 years now and they have never set a date. Due to financial reasons it has always been put off (she is an accountant and they both own their own busines and for the last two years taxes would have been bad if they were married) Well, now things have gotten to the point where she is tired of waiting, taxes arnt an issue any more and getting married could help save one of the small side businesses. So......they picked 12/17 of this year. Im trying to help her plan a small, simple wedding but am not sure what to keep, what to toss and what would be do-able in such a short period of time that could still make the day special

CelticChick831
Married: 10/17/2009
Reviews: 7
Posted On: Nov 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

10 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Ashley
Married: 12/03/2011
Reviews: 5
Nov 02, 2011 at 9:39 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think anything is do-able. Once the vendors are booked, things tend to fall into place really quickly. But, once you/she sees something she likes, make the decision and move on to the next one. Don't spend a whole lot of time doing research making sure she found *the* caterer (for example). I plan conferences for a living, and I see indecisiveness as a major hold-up for progress in the planning process.

Rely on your vendors to help you plan - they do this every single day, so it's a no-brainer to them. I would also think that DIY projects should be very minimal. While they can be a huge cost-saver, they do take up lots of time.

Good luck!

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 6
Nov 02, 2011 at 9:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
You're planning your supervisor's wedding?

CelticChick831
Nov 02, 2011 at 10:13 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
helping plan. Its just her and I in the office so we talk a lot about our "non-work" lives as well.
Plus she knows I like doing this stuff and could use the assistance. I even helped plan her FH's birthday party a few years ago.

Married: 04/21/2012
Reviews: 4
Nov 02, 2011 at 10:15 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
well what has been decided so far. what her budget is will determine what you can keep and throw out. But you can plan a full wedding in 6 weeks.

Married: 01/21/2012
Reviews: 3
Nov 02, 2011 at 10:16 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My only concern would be finding a venue and a caterer. They are generally very busy during the Christmas season with company parties. I'd get calling around now to see what kind of availabilities there are.
Edited On: Nov 02, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Married: 04/14/2012
Nov 02, 2011 at 10:19 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
that's my birthday, of course it will be a special day, lol.

Anyway, I agree with Ashely A. Firts off, get an idea of exactly what she wants. I think just do it. first find a good place to do it at, and book it. Find a photgrpaher, if she even wants one, find someone to cater. & don't wait to make any decsions. Just do it. You can't really be choosy with so little time.

I kinda think a shorter engagement is better, it causes you to be more 'motivated' to just do it, and get it all done.
I wish could do that. Sometimes I just get so busy with other things that wedding planning gets pushed aside. Bad, I know.

CelticChick831
Nov 02, 2011 at 10:20 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
That was my thought. She is willing to have it at her house if she has to, but I know cleaing before and after can be a real added stress. We are looking in to boats right now. Thinking those might have more openings then a hotel, reception hall or fire house.
Nov 02, 2011 at 10:35 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
It is not impossible. We have pulled weddings together in less than 6 weeks. The important thing is that she needs to be a quick decision maker.

Ashley
Married: 12/03/2011
Nov 02, 2011 at 10:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hotels will definitely be more expensive this time of the year, even if they're available. A boat or her house would be a great alternative! I'd even check around at various event or wedding venues. They may have had a cancellation that they haven't been able to fill yet.

Married: 2+ years ago
Nov 02, 2011 at 11:12 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
if she does it at her house, it might be worth calculating the costs of a professional cleaner coming in before and and after and doing that so she doesn't have to worry about it.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct