Warming of the rings
I am thinking about doing the warming of the rings but Im not sure when to do it.. Is anyone else doing this?? When/where did you fit it into your schedule/vows??
Thank you, all answers are appreciated.

STB Mrs Van Blargan
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Jan 3, 2011 at 2:57 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

21 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

STB Mrs Van Blargan
Jan 03, 2011 at 2:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am meeting with our pastor on Wednesday to discuss the processional and everything else. So, he wants me to basically draw up a plan or idea.

Married: 06/04/2011
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:01 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would LOVE the do the warming of the rings, but with 80 people, we wont have enough time.

I also thought of just having the immediate family do it. *shrug*

I read up a little about when to do this ceremony and its usually after "the difinition of marrige" before the vows and giving of the rings.

Nik_McAwesomepants
Married: 10/21/2011
Reviews: 3
I'd never heard of this until I read your post and google'd it and I love it! Especially if you're having a smaller ceremony it will be really meaningful and intimate. According to this article http://offbeatbride.com/2009/08/ring-warming-wedding the officiant does it before the ceremony even begins so you guys won't be around when this happens. I'll do some more digging because now I'm in love with this idea :-)

Married: 10/03/2009
Reviews: 6
Never heard of this...what is it?

Nik_McAwesomepants
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh wait I read it wrong, the officiant passes them out really early and then gets on with the ceremony. the thought it by the time you reach the point of exchanging the rings, they'll have made their way to the front.

Nik_McAwesomepants
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Analy- "It may be that a ring warming ceremony is the perfect solution. The concept is simple: near the beginning of your ceremony, have your officiant let your guests know that your rings will be making their way through the assembled guests, with an invitation for each guest to hold the ring, say a silent prayer/blessing for your marriage, and then pass it to the next guest. Then the officiant can pass out the rings, and continue on with the ceremony until it's time for you and your partner to present the rings to each other."

Married: 06/04/2011
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
ohhh....before the ceremony begins?!?? maybe I can still have this? *pondering*

Hayley C™
Reviews: 1
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

Blessing of Rings
Instead of having the Officiant bless the wedding rings before they are exchanged, sometimes the rings are tied to decorative fabric or ribbons (or tied to a pillow), and passed around to the guests. The guests are each asked to bless the rings with a wish for the marriage. If this is done at the beginning of the ceremony, the rings usually make it back to the altar in time for the ring ceremony below.

Nik_McAwesomepants
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think it could work for before the ceremony. And then designate some family member in the front pew/row to hang on to it and they can bring it up when it's time for that part. I think it would also be a great way to incorporate any children (if anybody has 'em) and/or the in-laws. Maybe have his mom hand you his ring and your mom hand him yours. :-)

Meghan
Married: 08/20/2011
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Interesting idea... With my small guest list- this is totally doable!

Married: 10/03/2009
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh that's a nice sentiment! I would definately do that part about attaching them to something though! Wouldn't want them to be lost or dropped! I would think that if you want the entire congregation to bless them, you would need to hand them out right off the bat. For immediate family only, probably a little bit before the vows.

STB Mrs Van Blargan
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

Warming of the Rings
Around the world the wedding rings are the strongest and most visible sign of the bond these two people are about to make. A commitment to life, to each other and to the future.
With a ring warming in your ceremony the rings will not only be a gift from one to another but will be given with the love, support and wisdom of all present.
The rings are passed amongst all the guests and they hold the rings thus giving their personal blessing upon the rings before the bride & groom exchange the rings.
At the time the rings are exchanged it might be with words like:
"These rings, now warmed by those you love the most will forever show the world your are one and they will carry with them the eternal love and blessing of your families

I have invited about 80 guests to my wedding, but I was thinking just the immediate family perhaps??
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We shot a 50 person wedding that did it and the pastor just announced that they were sending it around at the beginning of the ceremony (I mean before anything started at all) and then it got back to them right in time...

STB Mrs Van Blargan
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I just so happen to have two ring bearer pillows and was wondering which one my son (RB) should carry. So, now I will have him carry one and the other for the rings..

Jasmine
Married: 09/22/2012
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Love this! We'll be passing them to our parents and grandparents for the sake of time and our guest list!

Married: 08/27/2011
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
What if somebody drops them..... oh no.

STB Mrs Van Blargan
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If I would put the rings in the clear box on the pillow??? what do you think of that idea?

Nik_McAwesomepants
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My wedding is indoors in a chapel so I'm not worried about somebody dropping them. If you're doing an outdoor ceremony, I'd definitely attach them to something in case they fall and get lost in the grass. Now that I think about it, I think a bride of 4 weddings did this and she put the rings in a small favor pouch bag type deal and it was beautiful. All the other brides commented on how wonderful that part of the ceremony was.

I figure once you reach the altar and the officiant does his opening (we are gathered here today...blah blah blah) he can explain it right away. You pass the rings off to the MOH and it goes down the BM line to the front row. In the case of 2 sections and 1 aisle (most common set up, brides people on one side, groom's on the other) it would snake back to the back of the bride's side and then get passed over to the back of the groom's side where it would snake back to the front. The last GM would then retrieve them from the last guest and it would go up the GM

Nik_McAwesomepants
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
line and back to the officiant for him/her to bless them and do the ring exchange. :-)

Married: 02/13/2011
Reviews: 8
Jan 03, 2011 at 3:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
What a beautiful way to start a life of marriage, having the rings blessed by all your family and friends....

Unfortuantely we have a few too many people..... :(

Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct