Using the ladies room while in my dress- HELP!
I know we've discussed this previously but I'm worried about this. I know of 2 ways to do your business while wearing your dress: 1) 2-4 people help you get your undies down and flip up the back of your dress your dress up over your head so you can back up to the toilet 2) you don't wear underwear so you can just pull up the front of your dress and walk into (facing the lever) the toilet and do your business. Anyone else have any other ideas? I have no idea what I'm going to do! I'm really modest (I'm 27 and am just now comfortable with my OB/GYN) and I really do not want 2-4 people seeing my hoo-haa but not wearing underwear is gross to me.
I'm just wondering what else (other than a catheter and colostomy bag) can I do? I mean, I know everyone has to go #1 and #2 but how am I going to do either with people holding up my dress? Bottom line: I'm really afraid of having a big fart or poo with other people around. There I said it and am so red faced but have no idea what to do. :{

Married: 08/28/2010
Reviews: 9
Posted On: Aug 19, 2010 at 2:41 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

32 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 06/26/2010
Reviews: 6
Aug 19, 2010 at 2:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If it makes you feel better... I went to the bathroom right before putting on my dress and I got caught up in all the events of the wedding that I didn't pee ONCE through all of the celebration. Once the husband and I got to the hotel he helped me undress THEN I went and then we enjoyed the rest of our evening. I was surprised because I had a lot to drink that evening between the champagne, tequila and the 3 bottles of water. I think that there was just so much adrenalin because I didn't even get drunk in that 4.5 hours!

Aug 19, 2010 at 2:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm praying I'll be like you.

Aug 19, 2010 at 2:48 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Sorry I couldn't be more help but for what it's worth, if you do end up needing to use the restroom, no one is going to see your girly parts b/c there's just too much fabric in a dress. They just simply hold the fabric out of the way for you. If it helps, have them turn their heads. I know it's awkward but when you gotta go, you gotta go. lol

T&J
Married: 11/06/2010
Reviews: 7
Aug 19, 2010 at 2:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
What about Go Girl....I saw this a year ago because they were talking about it on the radio. Granted, it's for camping and outdoorsy women...but why not a bride!!

http://www.go-girl.com/

Aug 19, 2010 at 2:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
OMG! T&J... that's fascinating!

Snif
Married: 02/05/2011
Aug 19, 2010 at 2:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The last time I was MOH we were in hysterics trying to help the bride go to the bathroom. I know I'm going to be in this predicament too. When I get nervous I have to go every 1/2 hour, it sucks.

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 3
Aug 19, 2010 at 2:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
thank god i have a big bladder lol! i'm hoping i dont have to use the restroom while my dress is on

Married: 06/12/2010
Reviews: 5
Aug 19, 2010 at 2:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I had a lot of success with walking up to the toilet and sitting on it backwards. I wore underwear all day and with an a-line skirt and relatively little trouble getting my underwear off and back on.
Aug 19, 2010 at 2:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Well, you'll need another hand just to hold that in place!

What about slipping out of your dress? Seems easier to me than anything else.

T&J
Aug 19, 2010 at 3:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Nancy 2 words....Corset Back!

Although it would be great and easy to slip out of a dress, not all dresses are that easy to do so.

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
That GoGirl thing would be good as long as you had a hose attached to the funnel and the other into the toilet. but really what about going #2?

Asian~Wife
Married: 09/25/2010
Aug 19, 2010 at 3:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I never even thought about this... I will have to drink coffee in the morning and go #2 before the day's festivities begin. LOL :) I don't know how I would wipe my butt, either if I was in my dress.

Married: 09/24/2011
Aug 19, 2010 at 3:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
wow...never seen a pee funnel before....lol... i could careless about using the toilet in front of my bridesmaids (theyll be the ones helping me if i gotta go)... think of it this way, whats more embarrassing, having your close friends around while your relieve yourself OR possibly soiling your dress and then having to rejoin your party???..... Ill take the help anyyyyyyday.

Married: 10/14/2010
Reviews: 1
I think you are probably on your own for #2 lol Just hike it up and sit down! So what if the dress is up to your ears :)

T&J
You go in the canister it comes with, the funnel goes into it.

Good luck with #2 problem. Don't you think your nerves will prevent you from going number 2? Are you regular at the same time everyday?

Jazmin
Married: 05/29/2011
Reviews: 2
Aug 19, 2010 at 3:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I imagine that if I did go while I was in my dress I would have done what wowjunkie did. I had an A-line dress that was a corset back so there was no getting out until the party was over. lol

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yea, I'm pretty regular (it comes about 3:00 so that would be right before the wedding), but when I'm nervous it wreaks havoc on my GI tract and I have to do about every hour :{ so I'm worried about having less then normal BM's that day. For the record I will NOT use one of those bridal diapers, gross!

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks for the instructional video. :)

Married: 02/18/2013
Reviews: 1
Aug 19, 2010 at 3:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
ok that funnel thing is a hoot... get a tube and attach it to the funnel then just strap it to your leg eh? haha that made me laugh... :o)

I worry about this not because of pee but because when I get nervous... I get a rumbly tumbly... ehhhhhh....
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct