Unity Salt Ceremony
Anyone familiar and have some guidance (written)? Not having much luck

Bennett=blessed
Married: 06/14/2014
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Apr 1, 2014 at 1:35 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

5 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Mrs.Rebeiro
Married: 04/19/2014
Apr 01, 2014 at 1:41 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Look up unity sand ceremony. That is the typical "norm" and just follow that but replace the sand with salt :)

Married: 08/01/2014
Reviews: 6
Apr 01, 2014 at 1:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You could pour sugar while your FH pours cinnamon. You'd be left with a lifetime supply of wedding cinnamon and sugar toast!
Apr 01, 2014 at 1:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Why do you want to do it? Salt has a rich history in many religions, so it's not just like sand (of course, it could be; I did a sand ceremony with lucky pennies last year. ....

What are you aiming to say with the ritual; that's a good place to start....

Bennett=blessed
Married: 06/14/2014
Apr 01, 2014 at 2:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Celia FH & I want to do the Salt Ceremony because of it's roots in the bible. We're going with the traditional wedding vows (don't want to change a thing) and after the exchange of rings we are doing a unity salt instead of candle. I'm looking for wording that supports a Christian unity salt ceremony.

The salt covenant is rooted in the symbolism that two people combining salt commit to an eternal covenant with God about their marriaage. The covenant can only be broken when each person can pick out their own individual grains of salt.

Apr 01, 2014 at 2:49 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
There you go; you just wrote it. And I like it. And I might steal it, lol!
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct