unity candle song???
i need help finding a good song for the unity candle during our ceremony. We are doing it with our moms so it would be nice to find a meaningful song.
Any suggestions???????????

Married: 06/20/2009
Posted On: May 17, 2009 at 11:11 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

7 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 06/05/2009
Reviews: 2
May 17, 2009 at 11:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yours, Mine and Ours by David Chamberlin & Teresa James
Ive never actually heard the music to this song but the lyrics sound like they would work perfect.
http://www.weddingvendors.com/music/lyrics/t/teresa-james/yours-mine-and-ours/
also some non lyrical music might work really well too...
good luck

Rondo String Quartet

Rondo String Quartet
May 17, 2009 at 11:49 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
There are so many choices! What style of music are you looking for? Who will be playing the music? Here are a just a few that we have been asked to play during the candle lighting: Bach Air on the g string, Bach Arioso, On Eagle's Wings, One Hand One Heart, The Wedding Song, Mozart Ave Verum, I Only Have Eyes for You, Butterfly Kisses, Grow Old Along With Me, The Prayer, What A Wonderful World, You Raise Me Up, Sunrise Sunset. Good luck with your planning!
May 17, 2009 at 11:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi and congratulations on your future wedding!

I would suggest doing some online searching on sites such as Wed Alert who offer a large selection of music to choose from. If you're into Christian music at all there is a beautiful song called "Love will be our Home" or you could do something just instrumental and lovely such as classical music or a movie theme that you adore. If there is a song you love but don't necessarily think is appropriate with the lyrics playing you could find the melody in instrumental form only. You could also have a soloist or live musician play! There really isn't a right or wrong nowadays! Enjoy and make it something that is special! :) Good luck!

Sarah
May 18, 2009 at 9:33 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Two of the most traditional used is The Ave Maria and The Our Father.
Non-traditional would a piece of music that is especially meaningful to you and your fiance.
Good luck.

Married: 07/31/2010
Reviews: 6
May 18, 2009 at 8:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I like How Beautiful - Twila Paris.

Married: 07/31/2010
Reviews: 6
May 18, 2009 at 9:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
........but for how beautiful, I would do just the music, no words. I think the song itself is beautiful!

Happy Crew Productions - DJ Company Specializing in Fun!
May 18, 2009 at 9:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The Prayer - Andrea Bocelli & Celine Dion
Born for You - David Pomeranz
The Promise - Tracy Chapman (just found out about this one from Squawkbox Sound!)
You And I - Michael Bublé
Inside Your Heaven - Carrie Underwood
Here I Am - Leona Lewis
Someone Like You - Van Morrison (You've Got Mail Soundtrack)

May your wedding day be filled joy and happiness!

Susie Figueroa
Happy Crew Productions - DJ Company Specializing in Fun!
http://www.happy-crew.com

Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct