unity candle music
Is anyone else having a unity candle ceremony and are you playing music during it? I was just wondering how long it would last so I can pick a song that isn't too long or that can last through it.

Married: 11/21/2009
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Aug 16, 2009 at 10:18 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

21 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 2+ years ago
Aug 16, 2009 at 11:52 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I just talked with my ceremony musicians about that. The candle ceremony only lasts a little over a minute. My musicians said they will do a short version of whatever song we choose and will look for us to walk back as cue for ending the song. We are using "when I fall in love" by Victor Young

Gershelda
Married: 10/10/2009
Aug 16, 2009 at 1:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we're not having any music during the ceremony...only the prelude, the attendants when they walk in and when I walk down. We couldn't find anything short enough and I hate it when the song/music is cut before it's over, so we just decided to not have any music during the ceremony.

Judith
Married: 07/25/2009
Reviews: 4
Aug 16, 2009 at 2:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Our unity candle ceremony was a unforgetable moment. Although it is usually a short part of the ceremony. We had a string quartet that played "from this moment" by Shania Twain. After we finished lighting up the candle they continued to play the music, everyone was quiet until the music is over and it was very nice.
Aug 16, 2009 at 2:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I had a unity candle ceremony and I played "love suicide" by edwin mccain its a beautiful song

Married: 11/28/2009
Aug 16, 2009 at 7:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My sister got married earlier this summer and used the song "Only Hope" by Switchfoot (if you've seen the movie "A Walk to Remember" you will recognize the song). They faded the music in...lit the Unity Candle, prayed, then gave roses to the mothes and grandmothers...then faded the music out... It was about a 1 1/2 to 2 minutes long. Very pretty and appropriate song.

Married: 07/03/2010
Reviews: 6
Aug 16, 2009 at 7:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Another good song option for lighting the unity candle is "I will Be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman.... very pretty. I think that'll be the song that we use.

Rondo String Quartet

Rondo String Quartet
Aug 16, 2009 at 11:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You may want to consider having someone in charge of your music for the entire ceremony. Timing is never exact in real life. If it is within your budget, a dj or live musicians will be able to stop and start the music as necessary.
Aug 17, 2009 at 3:10 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Sorry I gave you the wrong title for the song I had it is by Edwin McCain and it is called "I'll Be"

Traci&Bob
Married: 02/26/2010
Aug 17, 2009 at 8:07 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I don't think we are going to have a song for our unity candle lighting, it isn't long enough :)

A to Z Wedding Planning
Aug 17, 2009 at 11:48 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
It is a great idea to play a song during your unity candle. Even if you can't have the whole song played, it sometimes takes away from what may otherwise feel like a quite "all eyes on you" moment, and can sometimes feel a bit akward at times.
For song ideas, or other ceremony music advice read an article I wrote on the subject:
http://www.examiner.com/x-18264-Southern-Michigan-Weddings-Examiner~y2009m7d25-Wedding-ceremony-music

Married: 04/10/2010
Reviews: 2
Aug 19, 2009 at 11:07 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Having a song for your unity candle, is your decision. We are having a song played. I think it gives the lighting ceremony a little more something instead of just silence there is something going on while you are doing it. It is also a great chance to have that extra song you really wanted to dance too, but opted for another one. Now, you can still have it played. It also gives a change to play something that signifies your life together. We are doing, "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts. It explains us to a T. Good luck...

JulyBride
Married: 07/25/2009
Aug 19, 2009 at 11:17 AM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

shalliwell
Married: 10/03/2009
Reviews: 10
Aug 19, 2009 at 12:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we are ahving the sand ceremony right fter we ign the register so we found a sdong for both that was kign enough. we are playing Nothign Else Matters by Metallica

shalliwell
Married: 10/03/2009
Reviews: 10
Aug 19, 2009 at 12:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Let me try this again because I apparently cant type today an dthat message makes NO sense

we are having the sand ceremony right after we sign the register so we found a song for both that was long enough. we are playing Nothing Else Matters by Metallica

There we go :)
Aug 24, 2009 at 2:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
A unity candle ceremony is a very sweet moment that can be powerfully enhanced with the right song. You may want to consider "The Wedding Song" by Paul Stookey. If you are not familiar with the song, you can listen to a clip of it on my website: www.EmmaScottNY.com/weddings.
Good luck with everything and congratulations!

Married: 03/07/2009
Aug 28, 2009 at 2:42 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I had purchased a wedding cd that was strictly instrumental and during the unity candle part we had shania twain "from this moment" play. It was beautiful sounding with just the instruments. We lit the candle and stepped to the front and bowed our heads and held hands for a couple minutes in prayer while the song played. It was amazing:) Good Luck

Jessica
Married: 09/05/2009
Reviews: 6
Aug 28, 2009 at 10:01 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
We were also going to use "I Will Be Here" but my FH wanted something that could be shortened since he didn't want to stand up there for long :) Now we are using Butterfly Waltz and it will be played on the piano. It's a beautiful song! Also, we are doing Unity Sand, but the concept is the same.

Married: 11/21/2009
Aug 29, 2009 at 9:06 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks everyone! We're having live strings during the ceremony so I think they'll be able to tell me what will work. I love "the WEdding Song" I actually had unity candle written next to it when I was going picking out all the songs I loved. Thanks!

Married: 09/11/2009
Aug 29, 2009 at 11:52 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Me and my FH are doing a sand pouring ceremony which will include our 6 month old daughter. We each wrote vows to her and the officant will pour the sand representing her to unite us as a family. We're using "Angels" by Robin Thicke

Married: 03/20/2010
Nov 26, 2009 at 1:54 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
kt, how did "The Wedding Song" turn out? was it the right length? I am thinking about going with "This Ring" by Anthony Carter http://www.tcartermusic.com/products/this_ring . I like the sound of it, but I'm not sure if it's too long. It's 4 minutes, and everyone here is saying that the unity candle ceremony only lasts about a minute...
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct