Unique Memorial ideas
I need some unique memorial ideas. We had orignally decided to have a memorial service during the wedding ceremony. I started to make the list and realized that we'd be there all day. I tried to ask my fiance and my mother who I could cut from the list and they found no one. So now we're thinking a memorial ceremony is not such a good idea. I don't really want to get the candles because I want them to have the names on them which will cost a lot of money because we have a lot of names. I don't have pictures of all of them so I can't really have pictures set up. I don't want to nix the idea because both of my fiance's parents are deceased and I want to have them some how some way a part of our day as well as a few close family members. (The list is so long because I have a HUGE family and we're all close). So does anyone have any ideas? Also someone had told me flowers I have allergies and I want something different and unique.

Married: 09/26/2009
Reviews: 1
Posted On: Apr 22, 2009 at 1:43 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate2 likes

27 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»
Apr 29, 2009 at 10:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Two more for you...
Example 1:
Although we can't see you, we know you are here
Smiling down, watching over us. As we say "I DO"
Forever in our hearts, Forever in our lives
And so we say our vows, In loving memory of you.

Example 2:
Although death has separated us physically, faith and love have bound us eternally. Though we cannot see you, we know you are here.
Though we cannot touch you, we feel the warmth of your smile, as we
begin a new chapter in our lives. Today we pause to reflect upon those who have shaped our character, molded our spirits and touched our hearts. May the lighting of this candle be a reminder of the memories we have shared, a representation of the everlasting impact you have made upon our lives.
May 05, 2009 at 2:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Releasing a white dove for each parent, could be very moving.

Married: 10/24/2009
May 06, 2009 at 1:21 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My FH Grandfather past away a few years ago and my uncle just died about a month ago so we are having a rose sitting in the place they would have sat, and a card that says there names and a little saying

Married: 10/03/2009
May 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I just had a coworker who got married and she did something I think is very unique. The groom's mother had passed away so instead of a candle or a vase, they released balloons in her memory. I may do the same at mine for loved ones.

Married: 05/07/2011
Reviews: 6
May 20, 2009 at 8:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I too have several deceased family members. My sister actually had a large candle burning on the guest book table with a picture frame next to it with a list of all the family members who could not be with us. Everyone who walked in and signed the guest book was able to see it and see the memorial.

You know how the bride and groom light the unity candle during the ceremony? You could also have another candle lighting event in the ceremony. Rental places sell candelabras and you could light one candle on the candleabra for each deceased family member. While doing that, you could play a song about missing deceased loved ones. And so your guests know what the event is for, you could put in your wedding program something like Memorial Lighting Ceremony. That way you can honor all your deceased loved ones without having a very long memorial service.

Teems
Married: 10/11/2009
Reviews: 12
May 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I don't have any ideas yet but I have been looking as well. I have lost both of my parents, a brother and more that were close to me. I don't want to be crying anymore that day then I have to. So I will be checking in to this post as the suggestions develop. Great topic.

Married: 10/31/2010
Mar 04, 2010 at 12:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I was searching for a different way to do a memorial... I found this website that has remebrance pins shaped in a tear and in the middle has a rose on a embossed card with a beautiful saying and the story behind the person who made it. www.limogesjewelry.com

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
Apr 19, 2010 at 10:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We have chosen to do parents, grandparents, siblings, and children at ours. FH's dad and brother and my grandmother and daughter with a blessing for all deceased loved ones. We will have a picture of them with a candle to be lit as the wedding ceremony begins

Married: 09/26/2009
Reviews: 1
Apr 23, 2010 at 12:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
What we ended up doing was making picture frames with poems. For dinner we had assigned seats and we sat everyone at a table with the person's name and a nice poem of a loved one that was also close to them and us. People loved and are still talking about it. It was a real hit and people later came to me and asked me for a copy of the poems.

Married: 07/30/2011
Apr 12, 2011 at 12:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I didn't read all the comments, but I attended a wedding a couple years ago where the bride and groom had a vase off to the side of the alter with a rose for each deceased family/friend they wanted honored and on the back of the program was the reasoning why the roses were up there. Hope this helps!

Married: 05/13/1995
Aug 05, 2011 at 2:48 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My daughter is getting married in January & wanted a way to remember several deceased grandparents & infants without adding anything into the actual ceremony (it would take too long) but wanted to be a little different from the common candles, flowers, doves, balloons, & pictures.

So, the idea is to display a Lantern at the reception with a frame that says:
"In remembrance of those who are still guiding our paths & warming our hearts, whose love will forever light up our lives, as we take them along on our journey."
There will also be tags for the guests to write passed loved-one's names & tie them to the lantern.

I just love the fact that it's interactive & it's not forcing anyone into a depressing mood - they can choose whether to participate or not. Plus, it's not generic & there's no risk of a name being forgotten from a list.

Michelle
Married: 09/30/2010
Jan 12, 2014 at 10:14 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

Michelle
Married: 09/30/2010
Jan 12, 2014 at 10:15 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

Married: 07/12/2014
Jun 17, 2014 at 5:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Check out www.memorialvine.com, it is an incredibly beautiful way of remembering a lost loved one. They can even supply more of the wine for weddings.
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct