Uncle & Niece Wedding Dance Song
Ok, so My uncle raised me from 13yrs. old until I moved out with my FH is walking me down the aisle & I'm dancing with him in leiu of my father. My father is alive but will not be attending our wedding. So, here's the actual question I need a song, I was thinking "Fix You" by Coldplay, but any suggestions are great.. or do you think "Fix you" is appropriate?

Married: 10/03/2009
Reviews: 9
Posted On: Aug 11, 2009 at 7:18 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

15 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Happy Crew Productions - DJ Company Specializing in Fun!
Aug 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I say choose a song that you both like and that suits your relationship. Here are a few other suggestions:

Hero - Mariah Carey
In My Life - The Beatles
What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
Little Wonders - Rob Thomas
My Wish - Rascal Flatts
Unforgettable - Nat King Cole & Natalie Cole
Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
Stand by Me - Ben E. King & The Drifters
The Best Day - Taylor Swift
Forever Young - Rod Stewart

May your wedding day be filled with special memories!

Teems
Married: 10/11/2009
Reviews: 12
Aug 11, 2009 at 8:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am dancing with my uncle to. Thanks for posting. Im stumped.
Aug 11, 2009 at 9:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Eagles Wings by Bette Midler
Through the Years - Kenny Rodgers - danced with my uncle to this one!

good luck

Married: 06/26/2010
Reviews: 6
Aug 11, 2009 at 9:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My uncle is also walking me (and my dad also won't be at the wedding) and I'm thinking about using In My Life by the Beatles unless I find something more fitting.

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thank you all for the suggestions!! This is soo.. freaking hard for me!! I don't really like anything, my uncle is younger than most uncles it's my mom's youngest brother he's 42 & im 29! He & his wife took me in when they were newly married with a newborn & a 2 yr.old & they had to deal w/ me during those horrible teenage years.. We both like the same music!! I don't want him to know the song until wedding day, i want it to be a surprise to him.. So i want it to have a lot of meaning of how special he is to me!! Why does this have to be soo hard!! But please keep suggestions coming!! I would have used "My Wish" but my FH & his mom are dancing to that!!

Happy Crew Productions - DJ Company Specializing in Fun!
Aug 12, 2009 at 11:47 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Here's a few more suggestions for you:

Thank You - Boyz II Men
I'll Be There - Jackson 5
Live High - Jason Mraz
Look After You - The Fray
Have I Told You Lately? - Van Morrison

Teems
Aug 12, 2009 at 7:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
One of the songs of the few songs that I am thinking of is "Tell you something" by Alicia Keys. Since both of my parents have pasted, I figured it would be appropriate. Its about making time to tell your loved ones how much they mean before its too late. If I use it I just hope I don't start balling my eyes out.

Its just that most songs have been ran into the ground our about intimate love....and I don't want it to have an incestuous feeling lmao. I think for us we definitely should look for the "thank you" kind of songs. Dido had one. I have to read the lyrics to be sure.

Married: 08/29/2009
Aug 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
i am also dancing with my uncle and i picked stealing cinderella by chuck wicks its a country song but it's sooo cute

Teems
Aug 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
OK so here are some I have reserved on my playlist:

Because you love me- Celine Dion
Thank you- Dido
Isn't she lovely- Stevie wonder
Ill be there- Mariah Carey or Jackson Five
How sweet it is (to be loved by you)-Marvin Gaye
Tell you something- Alicia Keys
Lean on me or stand by me- Temptations
I'm your angel- Celine Dion

Hope that helps get you closer to something you like...I have been looking for months so I know how hard it can be.

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Okay, I'm at a tug of war between Little Wonders (Rob Thomas) & Fix you by Coldplay!! Decisions, Decisions!!!

Fawn
Married: 10/06/2012
Reviews: 2
Jun 06, 2011 at 1:58 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm in the same boat too. I was 9 when I moved in with my aunt and uncle and he's been the closest thing to a father for me. Since there are so many people in my life (or no longer in my life, I should say) that wont be at my wedding my whole goal for the day will be to not start crying my eyes out. I plan to pick a "uncle/niece" song that I don't even like just so it wont make me emotional! But I love the Little Wonders song and it really is very fitting for anyone who has been taken in by someone other than your parents!

Wedding: 06/14/2014
Aug 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am also dancing with my uncle!!! My father will not be attending my wedding as well due to the fact he has been absent in my life!! So nice to see that I'm not alone with this one! Thank You all for the suggestions!!! I am currently looking some songs up!

Wedding: 06/14/2014
Aug 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ok So I have looked at a few other sites and I have found a couple good ones that I am looking at. Such as help pour out the rain-buddy jewell. You look so good in light-George Straight. Stealing Cinderella-Chuck Wicks. Very good but emotional songs! Good luck girls I am in the same boat trying t find that perfect song!

Married: 09/07/2013
Aug 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My uncle will also be walking me down the aisle and I am having a very hard time finding a song that suites our relationship. I grew up very close to my uncle but I have not seen him in 8 years, he lives in Seattle and I live in Indiana. My dad committed suicide last year, so my uncle is the next closest man in my life. So I'm gonna ball my eyes out no matter what just because I don't have a choice in not having my dad there. I'm crying now just talking about it! So I want to dance with my uncle but I need a song that's respectful to my dad? Any suggestions?

Wedding: 05/09/2014
Mar 21, 2014 at 11:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am also dancing with my uncle because my father is not in my life. It is nice to know I am not the only one in this situation. I am dancing to the song "Little Wonder" Rob Thomas. I have listened to tons of songs and this is the one that gave me that feeling of "This is the song." Hope this helps. Good luck ladies!!
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct