Transportation question
Hi! My FH and I are in the process of narrowing down our venue selection. We have a couple different types of venues in mind. What we needed help with was the issue of transportation. Two venues we liked were not a hotel and we were thinking of renting a bus. One venue is Bluemont Vineyard. We are expecting 160 guests and probably 75% are out of town (and I don't want ppl drinking/driving) so we would need a couple of buses? I dont want it to turn into a big ordeal where the bus has to make 3 trips! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

The New Mrs. B
Married: 05/30/2014
Reviews: 3
Posted On: Feb 12, 2013 at 11:40 AM • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

6 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 1+ year ago
Reviews: 12
Feb 12, 2013 at 11:45 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Are you blocking rooms at a hotel that most of your guests will stay at? If so, then I would talk to the hotel and see if they have vans you can reserve for use. Most larger hotels have them (for airport and nightlife runs) and they allow guests to use them for no additional charge (also convenient for airport pickups and drop offs for out of town guests).

Married: 04/27/2013
Reviews: 6
Feb 12, 2013 at 12:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
if your talking like limo bus those are rather pricey. i dont know where you are at. but last yr (before we decided no alcohol at our wedding) we had called around to taxi's to drive people home. we found the cheapest place then we went down to talk to the manager. he made us a good deal (or so we thought) we would get 5 taxi's to pick up guest from home and take them to ceremony and 3 taxi's to take guests from ceremony to reception. and 3 would take guests home. ( we asked guests in advanced if they would have a designated driver. the taxi's we used only for those who said no. so we had planned on having drivers for about 5hrs. the manager quoted us with 5 taxi vans for 2hrs. then for 3 taxi vans for 3hrs. after estimating the number of miles the drivers would go. we paid $150 strait up. for taxi's and drivers. then only 5 cents per mile. (instead of the standard $3 for pick up and $1.75 per mile.) it really sounded good to us. but we ended up canceling our wedding

Married: 04/27/2013
Reviews: 6
Feb 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
(more or less) 2 weeks before, he gave us a refund. we let him keep $50 for working with us the way he did. and we kept his card incase we wanted to try it again.

Almost Mrs. P
Married: 06/16/2013
Reviews: 7
Feb 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We have the same type of situation - lots of OOT guests staying at a hotel, but our venue is about 15 miles away -- so we have been looking into transportation options as well. Around here (Baltimore area), most transportation companies have offered us two options: pay for one bus for a set # of hours (ie the bus makes several trips to get everyone there) OR pay for several buses at one time (ie 3 buses to take people at 5 pm and 3 buses to take them back at 10pm). Each option has pros and cons that we still need to figure out. Either way, it will cost us around $900-$1200, which isn't cheap!

The New Mrs. B
Married: 05/30/2014
Reviews: 3
Feb 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh wow that isn't cheap! There are a few hotels that I think offer complimentary shuttles but those are like 15 passenger buses so that would be a lot of trips! The winery is in Loudoun county so we might look into renting school buses but I know that isn't going to be cheap either.

Married: 1+ year ago
Reviews: 7
Feb 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are renting a 49 passenger bus for transportation...we need it for a long time because of getting guests there, leaving, and getting them to and from the afterparty...it's a whole ordeal that will probably cost us 1100 or so...but honestly, to me, it's worth it for my peace of mind. If 49 isn't enough...people will just have to wait we can't put more money into transportation.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct