Transportation for wedding
This is one of the things I am unsure about. I am not sure if we're renting a limo or vintage car ( I love vintage). Has anyone found a reasonably priced place in Baltimore? How is everyone else handling this part? We are about 15 min to church and to reception from house. We have bridal party of 12 plus parents and son. The prices just seem ridiculous for amount we will spend in car... Wish there was a groupon for this.
Ideas? Suggestions?

Joanna G
Married: 10/05/2013
Posted On: Feb 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

12 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Amy A.
Married: 08/31/2013
Reviews: 5
Feb 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

Married: 06/08/2013
Feb 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I've rented a 1939 Buick Limo (with driver). He'll pick me and my MOH up at the hotel and bring us to the church. After the ceremony, me, FH, MOH and BM will go in the car for pictures and then to the reception. That costs $300. For the rest of the bridesmaids and groomsmen, we're renting a regular but large SUV for them to get to the ceremony, pictures and reception. The SUV rental is less than $200.

Married: 1+ year ago
Reviews: 6
Feb 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm currently dealing with this as well. We need a shuttle for the two hotels to the wedding I would like a limo but don't think it's going to be financially possible. Let me know if you find anything reasonable.

Michelle P
Married: 09/21/2013
Feb 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm interested in your answer too, I have the same issue. My FH wants an old car for just us, but there's no way I would get in a car with no air conditioning in September either. But I also need a car for the bridal party.

Married: 05/11/2013
Reviews: 10
Feb 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My hotel and reception is only 15 blocks so I am getting cab vans and just keeping the meter running. That is for my guests.

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm not sure what your budget is or how far you guys are going but i just got a limo rate from z limozines for 8 people and its 795.00

BmoreBride
Feb 14, 2013 at 1:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Limo is FH job but everything he found was outrageous. We had wanted to get a shuttle for our guests but we were getting quotes of way too much, like 800 I think we are going with zbest in the end but just for just the bridal party.

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we have no choice its about 20 miles from the hotels.

Joanna G
Married: 10/05/2013
Feb 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I love the idea of paying per trip, hopefully we can find something like that here in Baltimore. It is such a huge expense for the amount of time you actually need it. One of my darling BM's thinks she may know of someone who runs a limo company (fingers crossed).
This may sound funny but I may look into less popular motives of transportation like... renting a school bus. LOL! I know it sounds tacky, but if anyone can pull that off, we can! THe cab idea may work too. Let's keep each other in the loop.
Bmore bride, how much the zbest quote you? how big is your limo?

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
z best quoted me 795 for 8 people. i got a quote of 45 for a mini bus and it was around 895. i'm trying to find a combination deal with a limo and a shuttle thats not too horrible.

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I heard chariots for hire had some good deals but when i tried to contact them i received a scrambled message.

BmoreBride
Feb 14, 2013 at 3:41 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think FH got us a "deal" with zbest because our wedding is in March . We're getting a 14 person limo for 5 hours for $690. Almost makes me wish my ceremony and reception were in the same place.

Feb 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we're getting married preakness weekend & one of the biggest prom weekends.. this is not going to be easy.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct