Too good to be true?? Free wedding bands
So I got a call tonight from a lady who works with National Health Style..
Apparently they were one of the companies who was offering a door prize at the bridal show I attended..

She told me on the phone that FH and I just had to attend this show for an hour and a half (their demo) and then we get to choose one of their packages, either a gift card for free tungsten wedding bands (up to $600 value) or these all inclusive vacation packages (which I wouldn't choose since it doesn't include airfare.. and I'm broke :P) so I'm opting for the rings.

She said we don't have to purchase anything, and that they just want our honest opinion on their product (they're even doing a live cooking demo and we get to sample the food)
Even the FAQ I saw on their page said no purchase is necessary.

Is this too good to be true? because I could really go for free wedding bands!
Have any of you ladies heard of this?

~Samazing
Married: 10/26/2011
Posted On: Mar 19, 2011 at 12:07 AM • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

32 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 05/01/2010
Reviews: 12
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:11 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Haven't heard of it, but in my experience, free anything always has some sort of unpleasantness associated with it.....if you want the bands badly enough, and are willing to put up with the crap that goes along with, then its worth it! $600 bands sound nice! Good luck with whatever you end up doing!

Married: 04/16/2011
Reviews: 11
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:11 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Bridal show scam.... Im being harassed day and night by ohone call and email, you won this, you won that... Its a timeshare presentation... they make you take a tour of a location, and then try to get you to buy timeshare... and some of them make you feel like crap for not being interested. I had one tell me then why did you waste the time and come here in the first place!

Cause you offered me free stuff thats why!

If you can put up with it id say do it for the rings! Just go in there strong headed and dont give in to the gimmik...

Married: 09/24/2011
Reviews: 2
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:13 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My friend has sat thru several of these types of things and always got what they promised. It's some pretty hard sales and they are pushy, but if you stick to your guns they still have to give you the promised products. If you are willing to sit thru it I would say it's worth it.

Married: 06/25/2011
Reviews: 6
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:16 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you want free (ish) $600 Tungsten wedding bands, I can get you that right now. You just have to pay them $25 to ship it to you. Quite a few ladies (myself included) have gotten them already.

http://www.jvljewelry.com/category_s/22.htm

Use the code "brides" when checking out, it drops the price to just shipping. My FH and I have matching Timeless bands.

Married: 09/02/2011
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:17 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'd first see if the bands are completely free. Do you have to pay shipping or processing on the bands or any other hidden fees? This may be how they still get you to spend some $. There was a post a couple of days ago about tungsten bands, you can get 2 free bands from this site by using code BRIDES- jvljewelry.com. You do have to pay $25 shipping for each band though.
If there are no costs to you and you can sit through their demo, then it may be worth it.

Married: 09/02/2011
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:18 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Rachel, we had the same idea!

~Samazing
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:21 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
@ rachel that's the place that they give the card to! I'm going to check that code now.. and I saw that you had to pay the shipping... but hey $50 vs $650... totally taking that deal

~Samazing
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:24 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
So then I don't even need to go to their spiel! What's the quality like of those bands??

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I checked it myself just before posting it (to make sure the code still worked) It's really an awesome deal for those of us who prefer to use the money towards other things. I figure for our 5 or 10 year anniversary I can get something more sparkly, but I honestly love the Tungsten just from how indestructible it is. I don't have to worry about taking it off to wash dishes or anything either.

*waves @Megan* ^_^ Great Minds!

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh and I don't know if you'll be able to see this, but it's a camera phone pic uploaded onto Facebook of FH and I wearing the rings after they arrived in the mail. So you can see the size difference between men's and women's sizes.

EDIT: Added better picture

Edited On: Mar 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Rachel, did you already receive them? Or just order them?

~Samazing
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
FH just did some google-ing to see if it was a real deal or not.. he found an old forum post on here with some ladies talking about them.. sounds like they are a good deal.. I can manage $50!! I didn't think I was going to be getting a wedding band until later when we could afford it... I was just worried about getting FH's.. but this is awesome! and with that code I don't even need to go to that thing!! Even better because it was scheduled on our 1yr anniversary

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:34 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Just saw your last comment Rachel so that answers my question lol! I just went there and it would be $100 shipping for us.

~Samazing
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:37 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Do you know if they take Prepaid Visa's?? FH is a little concerned with putting his card on there... so he was thinking about getting a prepaid card to use... did you have any problems with payment? any odd charges?

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:37 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ouch, it was $35 for us (we're in Canada) so now I'm curious where you are that it's so high... Though you're still saving $500 overall, so not to shabby. :)

Married: 04/28/2011
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:42 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree with a lot of the posts on here. A free wedding band is either going to be a ring made very cheap or have a catch with it. I just bought my FH an amazing ring from www.mensringsforless.com I used promo code PHX and got $30 off. Their prices are awesome and the best thing about them is that if my FH gains or loses weight they'll send us a brand new ring for only $50! You can't beat these guys, they're the best in the business!!!

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
No, no odd charges or anything. *shrug* I used my card and I haven't had any issues with it, I ordered them back in September... so it has been six months and no weird charges yet.

~Samazing
Mar 19, 2011 at 12:47 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
That's good to hear.. they look nice in the pic.. What do you think of the quality of them?

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:03 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
They're not a light weight ring, you definitely feel the weight when you first put it on and notice it missing when you take it off. It's not crazy heavy or anything, just noticeable. They're also a bit thicker than the usual ring band is, which is good because I prefer a sturdy ring. They make an interesting sound unlike any other metal I've heard, so FH and I amuse ourselves by tapping them against each other randomly just to hear the sound they make. It's just slightly higher pitched than the usual metals, even when tapping it gently on a counter.

If you get one of the silver looking ones, you'll probably have an urge to polish it every now and then... it's really shiny/reflective when polished. The black hasn't faded or anything, neither have the roman numerals on our rings. I occasionally check for any scratches or dings, but honestly... all it has ever gotten is dirty and that's fixed with just a wipe down with a soft cloth.

~Samazing
Mar 19, 2011 at 1:11 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
is that the 4mm size on you in the pic?
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct