Taking Honeymoon before the wedding?
So FH potentially has a trial starting two days after the wedding in June :-( and then July marks the official Hurricane season for the caribbean...July-Sept. is also the busiest months for FH work wise. I'm considering booking the honeymoon for the end of May, before the wedding. That just sounds so much better than waiting until Oct or Nov to take it. I'm sure this will be another thing Nana, Mom and FMIL will love to raise their eyebrows over but....whattya think?

Mrs Lilow
Married: 06/12/2011
Posted On: Mar 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

8 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

bella
Married: 2+ years ago
Mar 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

Married: 09/25/2011
Reviews: 1
Mar 15, 2011 at 12:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am with Bella. I think a honeymoon would be more special and mean more when you are going on it as husband and wife. But it is all up to you. you can always wait until October to go.

Kimberly
Reviews: 1
Mar 15, 2011 at 12:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I wouldn't… not because of the tradition of it, but for your sanity. If you go before your wedding instead of relaxing and enjoying yourself you'll be thinking about the details of the wedding. The honeymoon should be a time where you can put the stress of planning & of life behind you and have a vacation. I'd consider an alternate destination~

Mrs Lilow
Mar 15, 2011 at 12:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yeah, after six years together it just seems a vacation is a vacation however and whenever we can get it. Seems like if we wait 5 months to go, the whole "we JUST got married" thing will have worn off a bit anyway. :::pouts::: I don't wanna wait 5 months!!

bella
Mar 15, 2011 at 12:59 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

Mrs Lilow
Mar 15, 2011 at 1:01 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
not to mention I'll be back in school again by then...stupid trial. If they would hurry up and settle things I could plan it for the end of June...hoping for that.

Jessica
Married: 06/25/2011
Reviews: 7
Mar 15, 2011 at 1:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are unable to take our honeymoon in June after our wedding. We are actually gong away for 5 days next week for a mini-moon and then going away on a real honeymoon in October. That is just us...

Mrs Lilow
Mar 15, 2011 at 1:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I like that idea Jessica, best of both worlds. Where to for the mini-moon?

Married: 09/24/2011
Mar 15, 2011 at 1:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'd find some way to go after the wedding. The *newly just married* glow from the two of you won't be there before the wedding.

Married: 10/16/2010
Reviews: 7
Mar 15, 2011 at 1:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@MsL. I have to agree with the other ladies. Nothing like relaxing for a few days after the wedding and just getting away. You are in Cali right? You could do Disney for a few days, head up to Tahoe, wine country, Seattle, Vegas Baby!! I think that if you do a few days away you will get that decompress time that you need (plus give FS time to ramp up for his stupid trial) We did Punta Cana in the DR in October and it was AWESOME! You tell them that you are on your honeymoon and they make it a big deal. While we were on ours we met a couple who had gotten married in May, and they were loving every min of being a newlywed on their honeymoon!!
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct