Tablecloth colors...
I posted about this a while back, but I really need to decide as far as rental items to order. We decided to skip the uplighting. The tables are all round (except for the head table, food table, and guestbook table).

Our centerpieces are all silver vases, varying heights. The flowers are like shown mostly in #2. Now, I need to decide whether I want eggplant purple tablecloths, silver, or white. My fiance is against chair covers (although I want them!) so keep that in mind. The chairs are a purplish color- but lighter than eggplant. There's a small chance I may be able to change his mind though!

What do you think- eggplant, silver or white?? Same with napkins. I can do different colors for the head table, food, guestbook if I want.

Sunny
Married: 06/18/2011
Posted On: Apr 15, 2011 at 10:39 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

14 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 06/02/2012
Reviews: 12
Apr 15, 2011 at 10:49 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
i think it would look very pretty if u ask me!!!

Married: 08/13/2011
Apr 15, 2011 at 10:51 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would say silver, so there is some color but it will really make your eggplant centerpieces pop!

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 18
Apr 15, 2011 at 10:59 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree with Amy, go for the silver. Even though your vases are silver, the silver in a cloth is different from the metalic in your vases. I would go with purple nakins.

I also agree with your FH on the chair covers. I hate the traditional covers. I would go with renting chiavri chairs, or go with those new covers you can put on the back only.

http://wildflowerlinens.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ccw.jpg

Sunny
Apr 15, 2011 at 11:14 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I hear ya, Carole. I'm not a huge fan myself. Our chairs are kind of an awkward size though, so normal chair covers won't fit. I was going to do the satin self tie ones, which I happen to like a lot more than the standard ones (which I think look old for some reason). I do like the second one from the top column you posted!

Married: 11/13/2011
Reviews: 6
Apr 15, 2011 at 11:24 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
id say silver or white...would lighten up the room better for pics! (tip from my photographer)

Married: 07/28/2012
Apr 15, 2011 at 11:42 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think silver or white as well with eggplant napkins.

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 1
Apr 15, 2011 at 12:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Carole~ those images are of Chameleon Chairs (totally different than a chiavari, they're resin & you can mix&match patterns & fabrics. They're fun to work with)… some rental companies carry them. I know Classic has them.

But for linen colors, Since you have purple flowers & potentially purple chairs then I would opt for Silver linens with white napkins. There is just something really classic about a crisp white napkin. That way your purple centerpieces will pop and the silver linen will have some shimmer. If you end up getting chair covers then go with white w/ a purple sash.

Sunny
Apr 15, 2011 at 12:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If I do silver tabecloths, eggplant napkins. Should I do eggplant head table, food table, guestbook, and cake table? Or should I avoid eggplant on the head table because thats the color of the BM dresses?
Edited On: Apr 15, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 18
Apr 15, 2011 at 12:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Sunny....Satin is not bad at all. If you have to do them, than they look a great deal better than the others.
I wouldn't do eggplant table cloths because the colors can be off, and that kind of thing drives me nuts. I totally agree with Kimberly on the white napkins, with the silver.

@Kimberly...Given a choice, I would do chiavri in a heartbeat over any other chair or cover. I just think they are classic. You know, I saw these covers that I posted, and didn't even realize they were not standard chairs. I guess I need to find something similar for my daughter's wedding(If the ex won't spring for chiavri rental.)

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 1
Apr 15, 2011 at 12:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Caroloe~ me too! I hate covers. I'm renting these chairs. There are a bunch of fun chair options out there if you can fit them in the budget. Shop around to different rental companies to see what's out there. The chameleon chairs are super fun though (so many options!), I felt like I was playing with barbies when I was setting up the chameleon chair display.

@Sunny~ if you have purple BM dresses, I would stay away from a purple linen. but you could always do a sheer purple runner over a silver linen at the head table. I think using the purple for accent tables is a great idea. It's an easy way to bring in a punch of color.

clovet
Married: 09/08/2012
Apr 15, 2011 at 1:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'd say eggplant linens and silver napkins that way the silver centerpieces don't blend in with the table. My colors are pretty much the same! We're doing (for now atleast) dark purple linens, silver vases, and ivory/light purple flowers surrounded by a few candle votives.

The flower arrangements I'm thinking about the same colors of this bouquet. Maybe a few of those ivory and dark purple carnations to bring out the color of the linens.

Married: 06/04/2011
Reviews: 6
Apr 15, 2011 at 1:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think I would do silver tablecloths with white napkins, since you'll be able to bring in the eggplant with the flowers. I would avoid using eggplant linens since they could end up clashing with the chairs. I'd do the same at the head table, too, and keep everything consistent.

clovet
Married: 09/08/2012
Apr 15, 2011 at 1:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Actually, I got so excited to see that your colors were close to mine I skipped over the "dark purple flowers." If you went with dark linens I think you'd have to use a lot of candles so the rooms not too dark.

Here's some pictures I have saved with similar color schemes... just imagine dark purple flowers!

Edited On: Apr 15, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Sunny
Apr 15, 2011 at 1:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
chaslovetom- Very pretty!
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct