St. Lucia vs Jamaica
Hi everyone! its the time tested debate I have seen a lot on here. I am stuck between deciding on St Lucia (we would be staying at Sandals Grande) or Jamaica (we'd be staying at Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay) and I can not decide!!! I want to relax and be laid back but also have the options of activites (zip lining, cruises, horse back riding, etc) Any suggestions or opinions are welcome as me and my FH are stuck!!! thanks :)

Married: 06/16/2012
Posted On: Oct 17, 2011 at 4:58 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

12 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 09/03/2011
Reviews: 5
Oct 17, 2011 at 5:08 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
JAMAICAAAAAA!!!!!
We just had our honeymoon at Couples Swept Away in Negril, it was incredbile! I would recommend Negril over Montego Bay though, but I have friends who stayed at that Secrets and really liked it. Jamaica is amazing, the people are so nice and friendly, the lifestyle laid back, its so relaxing and romantic. Sunsets are RIDICULOUS! And unlimited ganja everywhere sure doesn't hurt!

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 6
Oct 17, 2011 at 5:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We just got back from St. Lucia and it was just aMAZing!! I can't wait to go back!!

Private User
Oct 17, 2011 at 5:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
That's the gazebo where we were married - pre-decoration.

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Clare -the place you stayed was actually recommended to us by our travel agent but was out of our budget :( but my cousin also said negril was the way to go. I could stay at sandals but was not so excited by how it looks. Guess I'll check out some others. J&R - thanks for your imput as well. I guess I'm just sorta blah about the lack of all inclusive on st lucia
Edited On: Oct 17, 2011 at 6:28 PM

~FabulousBride~
Married: 11/23/2011
Reviews: 1
Oct 17, 2011 at 6:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I don't think you can go wrong either way! I have been to Jamaica and it was AMAZING! FH and I are going for ouir honeymoon! We are staying at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, our second choice was Wild Orchid! I honoestly think that either place will be great... although if you want more of a pampering atomosphere I would vote Jamaica! The lack of All-Inclusives in St. Lucia was also my let down. And a friend of mine when to Sandles in St. Lucia for his honeymoon and he said being orler (we are all in oour 30's) it wasn't the atmosphere he wanted for his honeymoon. He said there was a lot of partying and crazy drinking in the pool and it was lacking the romance they were hoping for. Hope this helps! :-)

Married: 08/11/2012
Oct 17, 2011 at 6:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
St. Lucia!!!!! We just booked there...we are so excited...everyone goes to jamaica!!! We are so excited and we will also be staying at Sandals...Stay at one play at all...remember there are 17 restaurants all together at the three sandals resort on the island...and they include everything except the spa which i am planning on doing anyways...Yay I am so excited just thinking about it gets me excited

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
FabulousBride - Iberostar was suggested to us by our travel agent also!!! Ill have to check their website out as i haven't yet. I think I am leaning more towards Jamaica cause you can be laid back and romantic but also have that fun if you want it plus there are SO MANY options for activities and hotels!!!

Shemika - its funny you say everyone goes to Jamaica because all of my friends/recent acquaintances who got married went/are going to st lucia but my friend who went there last summer said it was good. I'm just debating - thanks for the imput :)

PenelliBelle

PenelliBelle, Inc.
Oct 17, 2011 at 8:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
ST. LUCIA!!!!! Way romantic.....I think.....LOL!! It is my absolute Dream Vacation!!

Private User
Oct 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I posted a pic of horseback riding (we swam with the horses, too). There are 2 places to zipline in St. Lucia - one closer to the northern end of the island and one in Soufriere. Haven't been to Jamaica but know first-hand why St. Lucia is called the "Kkauai of the Caribbean." Upside: less crime, everything from mountains and rain forests to beautiful beaches. Downside: more expensive to get there. But look at online travel discounts (lots of websites do that). Cap Maison is expensive, but is available on Ruelala.com for another 1-2 days. The Landings has deals regularly on Jetsetter.com. We had # of guests who stayed there and LOVED it.

Sorry, but I am totally sold on St. Lucia. I may never need see another island.

Private User
Oct 17, 2011 at 8:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
BTW, haven't been to a Sandals, but FH's coworker was there while we were getting married elsewhere. LOVED it, and not a general Sandals fan. Said the resort in St. Lucia was different. I think that's the Sandals that's built on the causeway that leads to Pigeon Island. It was between our resort and our guests who stayed at the Landings. TOTALLY gorgeous.

~FabulousBride~
Oct 17, 2011 at 11:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hollyann - I have been to Iberostar in Riviera Maya and also in Punta Cana. By far my favorite brand of resorts. Just great from design to food to entertainment. I have yet to be at the "Grand" so I'm SUPER excited for our honeymoon! The Grand gives you the extra perks like adult only, all suites, you have your own butler. When we were deciding between Wile Orchid and Iberostar Grand our travel agent, many friends and some co-workers all suggested that we go to Iberostar for the all stacor treatment. I also posted on Trip-Advisor and everyone on there also suggested Iberostar Grand over Wild Orchid. The price difference was minimal... it was pretty much the same give or take a few dollars.

As far as St. Lucia goes, I'm sure that island itself is very romantic. That was actually my dream honeymoon but we wanted an all-inclusive. St. Lucia did not offer an all-inclusive that ranked as high as the all-inclusives in Jamaica that we were looking at. I already mentioned what I

~FabulousBride~
Oct 17, 2011 at 11:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
was told about Sandals. And that was the only all-inclusvie that was comprable to wild orchid and iberostar grand and it was way more expensive to get all the amenities in St. Lucia that we were getting in Jamaica.

I say if you pick St. Lucia I would go non-all-inclusive. I think tha tis the only way you are going to get the same luxry that you would get from Jamaica in St. Lucia. I wanted to go to Jade Mountain...lol... when I saw the prices FH asked me if I was smoking crack! lmao!
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct