Sparkle/Glitter Wedding Ideas?
hi everyone,
I'm looking to have my wedding theme/ colors be plain and simple with lots of sparkle! I think I'm going to either have white or ivory with maybe some silver and lots of sparkles and glitter ..... Just to give it a little flavor and color I plan on hiring a lighting reception person to give the reception room a hint of purple or pink. I don't want it to look cheesy or like a 15-year-old girls dream bedroom... lol... I'm looking for elegant... Any ideas on how to decorate the chapel, reception area, center pieces, cake....etc.??? Thanks for the help!

Married: 02/26/2011
Posted On: May 2, 2010 at 8:37 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

22 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 03/26/2011
May 02, 2010 at 8:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

Married: 05/15/2011
Reviews: 6
May 02, 2010 at 9:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Maybe a lot of silk/shimmer tablecloths, really good lighting, small twinkly LED lights?
If you're thinking of adding any actual glitter/confetti. I would check with your venue first. Most venues don't allow anything tiny, ESPECIALLY glitter. But I'm sure you can get the same effect without the mess...
For the cake you can probably do some small beading on it, so when the light catches it, it will look like it's sparkling.

Krystal
Married: 2+ years ago
May 02, 2010 at 9:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
http://www.save-on-crafts.com/cr6.html

A whole crystal section :) This site is one of the cheaper I've seen and a lot of people here have used and I've heard nothing but good things

c
Married: 05/26/2012
May 02, 2010 at 10:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think using glittery paper to cut out shapes to assemble around tables, isles, wherever would be a good way to get your sparkle w ithout the mess. Also, crystal bead strings hanging from some ivory branches would be really pretty in soft lighting for centerpieces.

J.S.
Reviews: 5
May 02, 2010 at 10:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
IMO I would lean more towards crystal beading/garland and such than the glitter aspect. Still do glitter, but just not too much that it seems princess-y.

Married: 03/30/2013
Reviews: 12
May 03, 2010 at 12:54 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am having a difficult time envisioning it because I am going in a totally different direction. (Retro Garden Party) BUT! I have seen a lot of David Tutera (?) shows and he has done some beautiful things.
May 03, 2010 at 8:12 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
We invite you to shop our line of crystal bouquet jewelry.
Perfect to add a touch of bling to your centerpieces and bouquets!

http://www.firstimpressionfavors.com/category_15/Crystal-Bouquet-Jewelry.htm

One of our design consultants will be happy to assist you.

Best wishes
www.firstimpressionfavors.com

Married: 06/12/2010
May 03, 2010 at 9:43 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
You could use led lights or fiberoptic lighting.
http://www.save-on-crafts.com/ledlights2.html
May 03, 2010 at 10:22 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Here are some inspirational ideas for you and/or your bridesmaids that have a lot of sparkle!

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Reviews: 10
May 03, 2010 at 11:33 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
LOVE this idea for a first dance! Glitter falling down!

FMS, the barefoot wife!
May 03, 2010 at 11:35 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Love these shoes!

FMS, the barefoot wife!
May 03, 2010 at 11:37 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
You can also glitter spray your invites..

FMS, the barefoot wife!
May 03, 2010 at 11:38 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
You could also decorate with lots of gittery fabric, your arch, tables, etc..

Krystal
May 03, 2010 at 11:57 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
^Someone's excited about glitter I think!!

Krystal
May 03, 2010 at 11:57 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
and those shoes are super cute!!

Married: 05/15/2009
Reviews: 7
May 03, 2010 at 12:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
be careful with ANY use of glitter because that stuff spreads around so easily and sticks to everything! Once it's on you it's so hard to get off....you'll end up with pictures of your guests on the dance floor with little sparkles on their face because it was on the table, they touched that then their faces...KWIM?

FMS, the barefoot wife!
May 03, 2010 at 12:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
LOL Krystal..I had those last two 'post thoughts' one right after another..I was trying to think of what she could do because I was having a hard time finding pictures of glittery wedding stuff..ANd who doesn't love glitter?? lol

Celebrations

Celebrations
May 03, 2010 at 3:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Crystal curtains are great behind the bridal and cake tables and even the entrance. A crystal chandelier in the center of your dance floor. Diamond confetti on the tables. Edible glitter or crystals on your cake and a crystal cake topper. Silver ting-ting or silver glittered fern leaves in your centerpieces. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination and your budget!

J & E Floral
May 03, 2010 at 3:56 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.
May 03, 2010 at 5:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Make sure your venue allows glitter...before you purchase your decoration. We do not allow glitter or confetti it DOES NOT bio-degrade and is IMPOSSIBLE to get out of the grout and rock landscape and tiny cracks of our 60 year old hard wood floors it also ends up on your face and on your guests when you hug them. I am all about the BLING...BLING but not with glitter. Crystals, clear and pink glass beeds
would be an elegant way to give the bling without looking like a little kids art project : )
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct