Snacks for Wedding Party?
I was working on the planner packet that Kimi posted :) thank god for it!! I was thinking that while we are taking family portraits and such before/after I want to get a snack tray for the wedding party and the people involved like the officiant (who is a close friend) and the attendees :) FH, FBIL, FBIL's GF, had a small get together and we had these cute personal sized snack trays that had grapes, cheese cubes, pretzels, and apple slices, would this be okay? I want something other than the standard cheese cracker and meat tray, can any of you give me any ideas? I planned a few trays from www.smartyhadaparty.com and setting up a night or two before the big day.

Maybe I should have a fruit tray, and a standard cheese cracker tray, or just a cheese and meat tray?

★WhitneyNichole❤
Wedding: [Private]
Posted On: Apr 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

11 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 07/27/2012
Reviews: 5
Apr 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Though i love the fruit tray- keep in mind fruit is juicy and has a high chance of dripping on someone. If you are using these for before people get dressed I'm sure it would be fine- but you don't want juice running down someones face ruining their make-up.

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 18
Apr 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would also stick with the cheese and crackers. They are filling and less messy.

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 18
Apr 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would also stick with the cheese and crackers. They are filling and less messy.

★WhitneyNichole❤
Apr 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Shellie that is a good point I didn't think about the juiciness! That is why I was thinking maybe pretzels, cheese cubes, and maybe grapes since they are bite sized and I was hoping wouldn't get everywhere?

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:48 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Good plan. Grapes are amazingly thirst quenching to.
if you want some sweet think about gummy bears or chocolate dipped pretzels (yum!).

★WhitneyNichole❤
Apr 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
What about yogurt pretzels aren't they a tad healthier? I am trying to figure out snacks that my step dad can have too, since he is diabetic. I found the snack trays we had that were cute and yummy! :) I am thinking about making a larger version of each? Maybe leave out the apple slices though?

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
meh- i like the chocolate ones more, but I really doubt anyone would complain if you did yogurt. Especially since you where accommodating your dad.

★WhitneyNichole❤
Apr 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think I will do both and just make sure I label them!! :) I looooovee chocolate pretzels :) the white chocolate are my favorite :)

Married: 07/02/2012
Apr 11, 2012 at 8:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The best thing I ever got as a wedding party was Subway. They had a platter of Subway delivered. They were easy to eat (not trying to pick up fruit with a toothpick, or juggle dropping watermelon down a dress!). It was meat, it was cheese, it was carbs. It was good.

★WhitneyNichole❤
Apr 11, 2012 at 8:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Meghan R. ~ I was going to treat the wedding party to a lunch but it will be a few hours before dinner, and I want a small snack in between to make sure no one passes out or anything :P

WHITNEY
Married: 08/24/2012
Apr 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Love this idea...Whitney what planner packet are you using? Please do share! =)
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct