Silver, Champagne, & White for Fall
Hello all!
I've been back and forth between a million different color schemes and have finally realized that I want to go with the classy, elegant, & timeless color combination of silver, champagne, and white. BUT, I think it needs one more, deep, rich color to really make it pop and maybe not so "blah". I am thinking either deep red or black. What are your opinions- does anyone have pictures of this color scheme to give us some ideas?? Any would be great & thanks in advance!

Married: 09/26/2009
Posted On: Jan 3, 2009 at 11:04 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

22 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Creating Memories to Last a Lifetime

Heartfelt Florida Weddings
Jan 04, 2009 at 6:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Congratulations on your Engagement and upcoming wedding!
Your colors are elegant and sophisticated. The use of deep bold colors with your desired scheme can be a wonderful accent.
Generally, your color scheme is associated with the winter season scheme, however, I've worked with couples who have challenged the so-called norm successfully. It's about what you and your fiance. I would like to recommend your looking at a couple of websites that offer free online color palette tools such as, www.colorschemer.com;ColorBlender.com;Wellstyled.com. Also, www.blissweddings.com/weddingcolorpalette/.

Another site that is helpful is Davids Bridal/Mr. Tux. They both offer online tools where you can see color schemes with bridal/tuxedo styles online; www.davidsbridal.com and www.menswearhouse.com.

Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures that I could forward to you, however, when utilizing the color palette tool, try the red and black, also try deep purple/lapis, cranberry, teal and gold.

Married: 06/27/2009
Jan 05, 2009 at 8:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm having a black and silver and white wedding. Very similar to yours. I've been buying decorations and finding the clothes and everything is coming together very nicely. So if you add black it will be very pretty. Deep red is also a good choice. It's very rich and, unlike black, red gives a certain warmth to things. It will look nice with champagne. Pick whichever one pulls you more. But I would definitely add a darker accent even if it's just here and there.
Jan 06, 2009 at 2:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you want to add an autumn color to your color scheme, I would add a fall orange, like "Aurora Orange" (see this site: http://www.behr.com/Behr/home#vgnextoid=6bd8ea6621ca5110VgnVCM1000008119fea9RCRD;channel=EXPLORE;view=14 ) It would go beautifully with your other colors of silver, champagne & white, & will not only add some "pop" but will incorporate the autumn theme as well.

Married: 07/17/2009
Reviews: 10
Jan 06, 2009 at 3:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Bet on BLACK everytime!
Jan 06, 2009 at 3:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Since it is a fall wedding ,As a designer I might suggest you opt for the warmth of Copper ( the newest trendy color) instead of silver which is more deep winter, It would be spectacular with your champagne and white and adding black would be regal. Think rich Tuscan fall !

or do just the white, silver and add in the black with a vibrant rose like Circus that is fall color at its elegant best9 Rich orange red over golden yellow fire!!). the champagne may look ruddy next to the crisp contrast colors.
You can see this color scheme and more on my website at www.suzannemsmithdesigns.com

Typically in fall the colors of amber, browns, golds, champagne and rust burgundy with rich copper, oranges ,deep chromium yellows and terracotta make the boldest statement.

Married: 04/24/2010
Jan 06, 2009 at 8:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think a deep red would be good, or maybe a chocolate brown color, or possibly if you are feeling it maybe like a jewel tone, like torquise, or deep purple.

belles & crystals

Belles & Crystals
Jan 06, 2009 at 10:41 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I love the idea of adding a deep rich black-red. This way it won't look so Christmas-like. Even a deep burgundy would look amazing ( picture deep burgundy calla lilies!!!)

Best wishes!!!

xoxo,
Belles & Crystals
Couture Bridal Accessories
www.bellesandcrystals.com

Gigi's Floral Designs

Gigi's Floral Designs
Jan 06, 2009 at 10:43 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Since your wedding is a Fall affair, I would add a bit of deep chocolate to your scheme. You can do this by adding some Chocolate Cosmos (they also have a lovely vanilla scent) or Scabiosa Pods. These won't take anything away from your color scheme, but will just add a rich depth and bring the Autumn into your scheme.
I hope this helps you out!

elegantpetal

The Elegant Petal
Jan 21, 2009 at 11:48 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would also suggest the deep chocolate/plum of a "black" calla, chocolate cosmos, ranunculus, annual scabiosa or Uluhue fern curl. Paired with silvery foliage, such as lamb's ear or dusty miller, and a rich champagne tone, you'll have a very elegant and classic look. I might lean toward a platinum, rather than silver to pull out similar undertones. I do have some photos, though they are not links, so I'm unsure of how to post them-if you send me an email, though, I can certainly forward them to you!
Jan 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
You could add a touch of bronze to add a bit of the fall color into the mix. I think it would really make the other colors pop.

I have some beautiful fall designs on my web page on the Fall theme page - they are just examples but the Fall is definitely one of my favorite to do.

www.cmbcrafts.com

Creative Celebrations Sales Team

Creative Celebrations, Inc.
Jan 21, 2009 at 5:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

I think that red would be a nice rich color addition - especially since your wedding is in the fall.

We carry a variety of color accesories. By looking at some of our items, perhaps you can get a idea for the colors you would like to use. We have an elegant assortment blacks, reds, red and black, and black and white accessories. To view our selection, visit our website at www.CelebrateLikeNeverBefore.com and go to our Store and click on Collections/Ensembles.

Congrats again and Have a Blessed Day!

Creative Celebrations, Inc.
866-692-6532
www.CelebrateLikeNeverBefore.com
Jan 22, 2009 at 4:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Silver, Champagne & White are certainly colors that will need one more for a pop. The color that immediately comes to mind is BLUE. Not to much though just a touch here and there as this will add some elegance and pop appeal to your colors. It should be the secondary color.

Jacqueline O.

Add An Accessory
Jan 23, 2009 at 6:24 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Your choice in color scheme is stunning and definitely timeless!
We offer swarovski crystal bouquet jewelry in a variety of colors and styles - you can try adding a few picks to your bouquets and centerpieces for a splash of color!

http://www.addanaccessory.com/category_65/Shop-Crystal-Bouquet-Jewelry.htm

Congratulations From The Staff of Add An Accessory!
Where Style & Function Meet
www.addanaccessory.com

Diane M.

Fresh Petal
Jan 23, 2009 at 3:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We have a new rose variety by the name of hypnose - it is a very light mocha color (not quite brown, not quite lavender, not quite silver, not quite champagne - but a nice bleding of all those colors in one beautiful rose.) I think that it would be beautiful with your white, champagne and silver wedding color scheme. I cannot locate a good picture of it but if you are interested, you can email me and I will take a photo and email it to you. Anyway, if you are looking for a sort of unique color it might be just what you want.
Sincerely,
Dee Dee
www.freshrosepetals.com
Jan 28, 2009 at 1:11 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi! Congratulations!

I have invitations on my website which are those colors. They look very elegant and beauiful.
We could easily add additional color to any of them with swarovski crystal, colored cardstock layers, or metallic layers.

Visit my website www.elegancebykrystle.vpweb.com

Thank You
Krystle Miller
elegancebykrystle@gmail.com

Married: 07/28/2009
Jan 29, 2009 at 3:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Congratulations for you engagement! The colors you choose are very beautiful and elegant. I will suggest to use a deep red almost balck like the black baccara red rose. I think this will look beautiful with your color combination.

studio-g-occasions

studio G occasions
Jan 29, 2009 at 3:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
While I adore Black Bacarras, I think if you keep the silver, I would use aubergine. Tulips (queen of the night) and callas (schwartzwalder)are available in this color, and you could use eggplant in your centerpieces.
I also like the idea of copper that one poster suggested, then the dark red or flame oranges work better.
Feb 03, 2009 at 3:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree that you should add a chocolate brown or amber to the color scheme. Just do it sublty like in your place settings, programs and menus, your cake have your florist use large chocolate ribbon in your bouquets.

Married: 08/08/2009
Feb 03, 2009 at 4:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Congratulations on your wedding. When I red your discussion I was surprised because my wedding colours are Black White and Champagne. It's really only going to be in the attire and for my girls and my Fiancee's guys and my cake. I wanted a sort of crisp looking wedding. I don't like bright colours so those colours were perfect for me. I think A deep red would be perfect. I can almost picture it. *smile* Go for it. Go to a textile store and get cloth samples that you can match and see what works well together.

Bride2Be
Married: 2+ years ago
Feb 18, 2009 at 3:25 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Congrats! Your colors sound beautiful! If you're looking for that one last color to add, I would recommend adding navy blue as it will compliment the other colors perfectly (and it's a little more unique than black).

Good luck!
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct