Save the date rules
Hi everyone, my future husband and I are getting ready to make and send our save the dates but neither of us are completely sure who exactly to send them to. We know out of town guests but should we also send them to guests in town so they can make sure they have work off or is the invitation enough for them. We're completely confused

Married: 06/18/2010
Posted On: Sep 28, 2009 at 12:47 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

10 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 05/28/2011
Sep 28, 2009 at 12:55 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am. I think alot of people don't to save money but the way I look at it if you send it everyone than everyone will know the date in advance.

Married: 02/27/2010
Sep 28, 2009 at 1:05 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I basically sent our Save-The-Dates to everyone on our guest list, except for my FI's co-workers... I don't know why, but he didn't want to send them any... I guess so they dont tease him maybe ?!? lol Oh and I also didn't send them to some of my parents' friends because I don't have their addresses yet and it's not definite if they'll be invited... That's up to my parents

Married: 08/03/2009
Sep 28, 2009 at 1:20 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
The only "rule" really is that if you send someone a save-the-date, you need to send them an invitation too (some people change their minds about who to invite after sending out the save-the-dates and don't actually invite everyone who got one).

If you're trying to save money, you can just send them to out-of-town guests and people you know need to plan far in advance. Or don't send them out at all...they're not a requirement and really only became so popular and wide-spread recently.

If you want to give people as much time as possible to plan and have a better chance of being able to come, then send them out to everyone.
Sep 28, 2009 at 2:13 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
ErinE's advice is spot-on.

JJ
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 6
Sep 28, 2009 at 3:59 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
i sent it to friends only...it was just for fun and for the people who are close to me that would need/appreciate a heads up

Married: 05/01/2010
Reviews: 8
Sep 28, 2009 at 9:47 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
We sent them to everyone on our guest list. We were just proud and excited so we wanted everyone to know when we were getting married and we wanted everyone to check out our website. But there are no rules of who you have to send them to.

Married: 10/24/2009
Reviews: 2
Sep 28, 2009 at 12:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree, send them to whoever you want - but be sure that those you send them to are DEFINITELY on the invite list. You don't want someone gearing up for it, saving money, etc., only to find they won't be invited after all.

Married: 08/27/2011
Reviews: 2
Sep 28, 2009 at 1:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Send them to everyone you would want to attend, (basically everyone you plan on sending an invitation to). This gives everyone you plan on inviting a "heads up" so that they don't book anything else on that date.

mayo
Married: 2+ years ago
Sep 28, 2009 at 9:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I thought that save the dates were for destination weddings? This is good to know that we can send them to everyone or just out of towners... and also what is on them?

Married: 07/24/2010
Sep 28, 2009 at 9:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think if you are going to send them you send them to everyone but it is most important for the out of town guest I am having a destination wedding so its a must
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct