Sand ceremony.. Mason jars?
As you know, I'm using a lot of mason jars at the reception. I had planned on decorating the church aisle with them, but I'm struggling with finding ways to do that, because of the chairs at the church and the carpet and all of that.. Anyway..

We want to do a sand ceremony at the wedding. I've seen all kinds of fancy vases and things for the sand ceremony and they're all pretty expensive.. So I was just planning on buying some cheap vases at Wal Mart lol But then it hit me that I could use mason jars for that.

But would that look cheap or tacky? I'm wondering if they aren't fancy enough.. Since everything I've seen is long and slender with pretty engravings and such. I can't make up my mind or tell if I like the idea or not lol What are your opinions?

*~WiiFeY~*
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 1
Posted On: Feb 21, 2011 at 11:52 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

13 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 11/03/2012
Reviews: 6
Feb 21, 2011 at 11:55 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I like the mason jar idea for the sand ceremony!!

I don't think it will look cheap or tacky!

Married: 04/27/2012
Reviews: 9
Feb 21, 2011 at 11:57 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think it would look really nice, and you can add some ribbon to make it look nicer, because it won't be a plain jar then. I would go for it, my unity candle is kind of short compared to the average one, but I am putting it on something to give it some height.

Married: 01/17/2010
Reviews: 7
Feb 21, 2011 at 12:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think the Mason Jars go perfectly with your theme, plus you have the benefit of being able to close up the jar with a lid after your done to keep the sand from making a mess!
I think anything goes as long as you like it. I made my sand ceremony container out of a shadow box!

Married: 01/17/2010
Reviews: 7
Feb 21, 2011 at 12:08 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh and I found this picture of pew decorations made out of mason jars...this might work for your aisle decorations without the fire hazard.

Married: 04/27/2012
Reviews: 9
Feb 21, 2011 at 12:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
That is gorgeous konichiwa!

Kimi k.
Married: 04/14/2012
Feb 21, 2011 at 12:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
omg! KK! you are amazing!! I've been stuggling with pooping out $50-$60 on a sand ceremony too! This is a perfect Idea!!!!! Mason Jars are going to be all over my wedding!!! I love it when one of you WW girls thinks for me!! :)

Mrs♥In♥September
Reviews: 5
Feb 21, 2011 at 12:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I love the idea of mason jars! My friend used them all over for her wedding and it was beautiful. It was part of her centerpieces and ceremony!

Married: 04/14/2012
Reviews: 8
Feb 21, 2011 at 12:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am not really doing a mason jar theme, but I don't really want the normal toasting glasses - I would like mason jars.

I talked to a company who will engrave the mason jar. You could look into this, considering you could have your initials and date engraved. Just a thought.

countrybride*H*
Married: 04/28/2012
Feb 21, 2011 at 2:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I like the idea of using mason jars for this! I want to do the sand ceremony as well.. and I've looked at the sand vase kits and there all like $40 or $50 or $60 dollars.. and I really don't wanna pay that much lol. If you couldn't have the actual jar engraved.. you could always have the lid engraved.. just a thought though. If you don't mind.. I may steal this idea.. it will definitely save money :)
Edited On: Feb 21, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Joanna
Reviews: 5
Feb 21, 2011 at 2:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
if you want a cheap sand ceramony kit, look on ebay. Got mine there for 10 bucks, and free engraving.

countrybride*H*
Married: 04/28/2012
Feb 21, 2011 at 2:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I looked on ebay and I never found one for 10$!!! What seller did you get yorus from Joanna A?

Juna Rae Photography

Juna Rae Photography
Feb 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I used Mason Jars at my wedding to remember the people who could not be with us, maybe you could do the same to make your unity sand.

Feb 21, 2011 at 3:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
When I do a sand ceremony, I GIVE the couple the container of their blended sand. It is a clear glass, heart-shaped bottle with a cork.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct