Rustic/Vintage Barn Theme
Hi Ladies! My wedding isn’t until November but I’m trying to get a head start on things. We have our ceremony site (our church) and venue booked for our reception. It’s a really cute barn that’s on a farm not far from our ceremony site, it is used for all kinds of events…has the red and white doors and all SO cute! =) I though I had figured out the colors I wanted to use…an eggplant purple with sage green and ivory. Well after thinking about it I’d really like to take the whole barn thing and run with it….like a rustic/vintage barn “theme”. I originally wanted calla lilies and was thinking long vases; it had more of a princess feel to it and I just didn’t see that going well with the barn reception we will have. Now I’m thinking completely different….I really love the whole idea of lots of mason jars and hydrangeas and mums maybe open faced roses too……could I still get the rustic barn feel with the eggplant purple and sage green? I’ve seen such pretty color combos of barn weddings with the vintage feel and I LOVE it, I feel like I’ve just confused myself now……help! Any advice or opinions will be greatly appreciated!

WHITNEY
Married: 08/24/2012
Posted On: Jan 31, 2012 at 2:46 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

19 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 06/16/2012
Reviews: 3
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I found a lot of good ideas in the southern living wedding magazine and the real simple wedding magazine. Also by looking at the WW website. If you go under photos and real weddings you can get lots of ideas.

Married: 03/12/2012
Reviews: 1
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
For purple how about some purple lavender? It's pretty inexpensive and a deep purple color, but also "wild" looking enough that it fits the rustic theme. Lilacs would also be lovely and fit your theme quite nicely.

Edited On: Jan 31, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
This is less of an OT question as you would think, but, what's your dress look like? and do you have a pic of the barn?

Married: 05/05/2012
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Your sounds just like mine! I call mine a rustic, vintage, country western chic theme lol I love the idea of eggplant & sage green. I think it goes well with rustic theme. Im using ivory,a light green called celedon, chocolate brown, & tan (like a burlap color). Im also using mason jars, hydrangeas, peonies, lilly of the valley, & ranaculus's, burlap, ect. You cant go wrong with it. I wish we had a barn close by big enough to do our wedding/reception in! Sounds like your heading in the right direction just keep incorporating things that you love & keep your eyes open for new ideas everywhere!! If its what you like or love you cant go wrong! =)

Married: 08/17/2012
Reviews: 5
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
i am having a park wedding so i feel you on trying to get that rustic feel...im going for a garden love birds theme. I am doing an eggplant purple color, with green and lavender accents...kinda like this bouquet. im thinking for centerpeices of doing potted flowers in those colors that guests can take home with them at the end of the day! this is sort of inspiration for the centerpeices minus the blue pots

Edited On: Jan 31, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Hayley C™
Married: 2+ years ago
Jan 31, 2012 at 2:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi Whitney ~ welcome to WW

Would love to see the barn. It all depends how big the budget is with how big you can go on the decorations.

A wildflower look?

Married: 03/12/2012
Jan 31, 2012 at 3:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Think wildflowers or garden flowers that grow in your area if you are going for a rustic feel.

Married: 08/17/2012
Jan 31, 2012 at 3:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
oooh i like the wildflowers...haley i need your brain and google skills kthanks:P

FMC
Married: 06/02/2012
Reviews: 13
Jan 31, 2012 at 3:01 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
A couple of visions I found

Hayley C™
Jan 31, 2012 at 3:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
more...

flowers

hay bale seating? (might be bad if someone is allergic)

burlap ideas

FMC
Married: 06/02/2012
Reviews: 13
Jan 31, 2012 at 3:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
And a couple more

Hayley C™
Jan 31, 2012 at 3:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
tons mason jar ideas

WHITNEY
Jan 31, 2012 at 3:08 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
These are all BEAUUUUTIFUL!! I love the wildflower idea...I've seen that and it def caught my eye! I will look into it some more! And I will work on a pic of the barn for ya'll! Thanks a ton!!

RWC
Reviews: 8
Jan 31, 2012 at 3:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
here's a free invitation setup that i LOVE and you could use with this theme:
http://www.weddingchicks.com/freebies/invitation-suites/mason-jar-invitation-suite/

WHITNEY
Jan 31, 2012 at 3:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Here is a link of a reception that was held at our venue. http://coreypotter.com/wedding-in-lexington-sc-and-t-and-s-farms-reception-holly-and-chad/

And I found ONE pic through a google search....

Michelle
Married: 10/06/2012
Jan 31, 2012 at 4:43 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

You are getting married in Lexington, SC? ME TOO!!! I had no idea there was a barn there!

I love the pictures.

Married: 05/05/2012
Feb 02, 2012 at 11:48 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
A site that i totally fell in love with that has real weddings, DIY, and lots of great pictrues & ideas is www.rusticweddingchic.com another one is sparkleandhay.com & i love weddingchicks.com thats where i got my invites & other fun monograms & projects from.

Married: 12/01/2012
Feb 02, 2012 at 11:58 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
How funny I'm usin that mason jar template for my invites :)
Super cute and simple! Great if youre on a budget like me!!

Modern Revival

modern revival
May 10, 2012 at 10:43 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi, I love your theme idea and I run a company that rents out vintage decor for themes just like yours! I have tons of the stuff already suggested on here at very reasonable prices so you don't have to find and buy everything yourself! I even have old whiskey barrels which are PERFECT for barn weddings and make great high boys, too. Check out my website at www.modernrevival.com and I'd love to talk with you more!
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct