RSVP online? AND have option for mailing response?
If I sent you an invitation with an option to mail back a response or go online, would that be ok? Or is it weird/tacky?

It would be the traditional
M______________
___ regretfully declines
___ joyfully accepts

and then it would say

You may also RSVP via our wedding website
www.weddingwebsite.com

(I just thought some people would be more likely to respond if given the option to do so online, but my grandmother says old people want to RSVP in the mail) lol

Married: 2+ years ago
Posted On: Feb 25, 2012 at 3:14 AM • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

12 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Hayley C™
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 1
Feb 25, 2012 at 4:19 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I don't think it is tacky.

The pleasure of a reply is requested
before May 10, 2006

___ seats have been reserved in your honor

Name(s)_____________________

__Will attend with pleasure
__Must decline with regret

For your convenience, you may rsvp at
((((website))))
or
(((phone number))))

We look forward to celebrating with you!

Married: 07/07/2012
Feb 25, 2012 at 9:01 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think it's perfectly reasonable. The way I see it, most people would rather just get on their computer and rsvp that way, but there's always going to be a few people who either don't know how or don't want to do it online.

Will they need to tell you a meal choice too or is that not an issue?

I'm still debating whether to get stamps for all of my RSVP envelopes since I really do think that most people will just RSVP online.

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 7
Feb 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
That's what ours said. We only put stamps on the ones we sent to people who don't have internet access and people in my grandparents' generation. Everyone else had the choice to reply online or use their own stamp. No one complained about this.

Mrs. Reese's Pieces
Married: 10/20/2012
Reviews: 10
Feb 25, 2012 at 9:44 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
We're planning on doing the RSVP on our website, email, or phone. We figured it'd be easier that way.

Married: 03/16/2012
Reviews: 6
Feb 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
i had the option of both...and i got almost all of the RSVP cards back. I just made a slip of paper with our hotel info and the RSVP info on it for our ww website

Mrs.B-Baby!!
Married: 05/27/2011
Reviews: 6
Feb 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Mines have the option of mail, WW website, or I have a phone# through Google Voice which is free. I will probably stamp those who I feel aren't internet savy like my grandmothers siblings.

Married: 10/15/2011
Reviews: 7
Feb 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We also did both. Surprisingly most people returned the card, even those who are very internet savvy.

Meghan
Married: 08/20/2011
Reviews: 3
Feb 25, 2012 at 12:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
FYI- A friend on mine did online RSVPs. Less that 1/3 of the people who showed up actually RSVPd! It was a disaster. I'd tell you to avoid phone/email RSVPs like the plague! The worst part about RSVPs is tracking them. If people call you, you are likely to forget what they tell you, and it opens it up to people bringing guests because they'll call and expect you to say it's okay.

A few huge tips:
Put names in the RSVP cards, and number of seats reserved for them. If they mail it in, it doesn't matter. But people RSVPing online will know what name to enter.

Married: 08/12/2012
Feb 25, 2012 at 4:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I only have the option of RSVPing on my website - EXCEPT for those people I know are computer illiterate, like my grandmothers, I am including an RSVP card and a little handwritten note to let them know to ignore the website as well as to give them more information that is only on the website.

Married: 08/10/2012
Reviews: 5
Feb 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We're doing our RSVPs via our WW website And a free voicemail through Google voice. Simple and inexpensive. For the handful of elders FH and I are going to just call them. Lol

Married: 08/10/2012
Reviews: 5
Feb 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We're doing our RSVPs via our WW website And a free voicemail through Google voice. Simple and inexpensive. For the handful of elders FH and I are going to just call them. Lol

Married: 04/27/2012
Reviews: 4
Feb 25, 2012 at 5:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We gave people the option of both. It's not always convenient for people to mail but not everyone ( grandparents, great aunts and uncles) have internet access.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct