Recessional Song Ideas
Hi ladies,
I have most of my ceremony music set, I am just having the hardest time finding a recessional song. I want something upbeat and instrumental. Does anyone have any suggestions? What are you using for your recessional?

Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 7
Posted On: Apr 5, 2011 at 10:46 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

8 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

The Mrs. B
Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 5
Apr 05, 2011 at 11:00 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm in the same boat as you are. I keep going back to Forever by Chris Brown, but I'm trying to avoid it.

Married: 08/20/2011
Apr 05, 2011 at 11:17 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I love Gheorghe Zamfir! lol I bet everyone is going to get tired of me raving about him. Also Richard Clayderman does awesome instrumental versions of songs.

Married: 07/30/2011
Reviews: 5
Apr 05, 2011 at 11:56 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
We wanted something upbeat and fun too, but ours isn't an instrumental. We are using I'm a Believer(from the movie Shrek), by Smashmouth.

Married: 08/06/2011
Reviews: 9
Apr 05, 2011 at 12:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Check out Vitamin String Quartet. They do instrumental covers and are fantastic!

C2ShiningC
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 7
Apr 05, 2011 at 1:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are using You're So Cool by Hans Zimmer from the movie True Romance. We are having it done on steel drums though :)

Married: 05/07/2011
Apr 05, 2011 at 1:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are using The Beatles "All you need is love" We wanted upbeat but something that a lot of generations would like :)
Apr 05, 2011 at 5:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Here are some fun/crazy ideas... some of them are more instrumental than others:

2 Unlimited - Get Ready For This
James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F (Theme from Beverly Hills cop)
Walter Murphy - A Fifth of Beethoven
Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
The O'Jays - Love Train
The Champs - Tequila
Quincy Jones & Orchestra - Soul Bossa Nova (used as the theme for Austin Powers)
David Foster - Love Theme from St. Elmo's Fire

Some TV themes might fit what you're looking for:
Mission Impossible
Magnum PI
Batman
Beverly Hills 90210
Dallas
Hawaii 5-0

mynameskatie
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 6
Apr 05, 2011 at 5:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are using the instrumental version of 1234 by the Plain White Ts. It's played by Vitamin String Quartet. Its happy and upbeat and we consider it one of our songs so it is perfect for us.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct