Reception venue layout
Do you think my layout will work for 50 - 60 guests? Or do you have a suggestion on how to change it?
pic 1 is the way the room looks every day
pic 2 is the way i came up with to create a dance floor

WhoCares
Wedding: 04/19/2014
Posted On: Aug 31, 2012 at 11:48 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

10 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 04/21/2013
Reviews: 5
Aug 31, 2012 at 11:56 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I dont like how the one is off by itself, perhaps add another on the other side and face it the same way the rest of tables are so those people arent sitting funny, and that corner people will get crowded in. I would also put the cake table on the other side of the food counter so people dont have to walk so far when cutting to put it up there, so itll prevent dropping slices.

Married: 12/14/2012
Reviews: 3
Aug 31, 2012 at 12:01 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree with Michelle R. Also, where would you be sitting? Are you planning on sitting with your bridal party? How many people are your trying to put at one table?

WhoCares
Aug 31, 2012 at 12:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
there isnt enough space on the other side of the food counter. Maybe three tables would be enough? I dont know, i just want the middle open for the dance floor. itll be about 50-60 people total, and i imagine most of the kids will move to the TV room before too long so itll be about 20 or so adults in the room for most of the evening

WhoCares
Aug 31, 2012 at 12:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Imani: Im not giving assigned seats or tables. Just wherever people find a seat, they can sit. and we will sit at the back of the middle table. im hoping most people will be on the dance floor rather than sitting down since the majority of our guests are under 40

Married: 12/14/2012
Reviews: 3
Aug 31, 2012 at 12:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I wasn't talking about assigned seating or tables...how many people are planning on sitting at one table? I am asking because I am trying to figure out if you are putting people on both sides of the table or just one side or just one side and the ends. Do you want people to be close together or would you be open to expanding the tables so that they are further away from each other?

Is the cake serving counter permanent or can it be moved? Same thing with the food serving counter.
Edited On: Aug 31, 2012 at 12:11 PM

WhoCares
Aug 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
the two counters are permanent, the other tables are not. the room is about 40' side to side, so i dont think i can space the tables out very much without having them poking out into the room. I plan to have seats on both sides of the tables, and possibly the ends if there is enough space. the tables at the back will be further out into the room than the picture shows

Hayley C™
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 1
Aug 31, 2012 at 1:01 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Is that to scale?

Do you have the dimensions of the room.
There are room planning sites that can help you lay out the room so that you have walking space and room for a dance floor.

Jamie Q.
Married: 05/04/2013
Reviews: 11
Aug 31, 2012 at 1:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I dont get why you have so many tables at all. You said 50-60 guests and with a 12ft table, shouldnt you be able to fit at least 10 there? that would be 6-8 tables max.

WhoCares
Aug 31, 2012 at 2:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Jamie, the second pic is the one i plan to use. the first pic is what they have available and i am not planning to use all of them. only four tables. maybe five.
Hayley, no, it is not to scale, its just what it pretty much looks like

Hayley C™
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 1
Aug 31, 2012 at 2:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
It will be MUCH easier to figure out once you get the dimensions of the room.

You can use the seating chart program here on WW to plan our your room.

Or I was just playing around with this one for someone else.
http://www.weddingmapper.com/guests/demo_seating

Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct