Reception sites that allow outside catering.
I am desperately seeking a reception venue that would allow for outside catering, and perhaps even the use of their kitchen for light food preparation It seems all the beautiful places come with exclusive caterers. My ethnicity calls for specific foods and spices so I would very much prefer to have my own caterer. I am located in Greenville, SC.

Married: 06/08/2013
Edited On: Jun 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Posted On: Jun 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

7 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 10/27/2012
Jun 04, 2012 at 10:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
It would help if you let us know where you are located ,guest count and budget.

jessica
Married: Recently Married
Jun 04, 2012 at 10:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
where are you located?

Meghan
Married: 08/20/2011
Reviews: 3
Jun 04, 2012 at 10:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
That is not very common- anywhere. You can find it, but you need to do alot of research. For starters, you'll need a non-all-inclusive venue. You will probably want to look at places that are not mainly wedding venues. I'd probably find a few caterers you like and ask them about venues that they have worked in that will provide what you are looking for.

keli716
Married: 09/08/2012
Reviews: 5
Jun 04, 2012 at 10:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we rented a Cabin Shelter house through a Park District out here, kitchen included, this gave us the option to have whomever we wanted cater.

Married: 11/13/2011
Reviews: 6
Jun 05, 2012 at 7:37 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Congrats and good luck planning! Please take a moment to read on how to change your avatar so we remember you!
http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/new-to-the-weddingwire-forums-please-read-before-you-post/b433c40c1a62b96a.html

Wedding: 10/14/2019
Jun 05, 2012 at 12:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi Tanya! Welcome to the WeddingWire Community!!! :)

Have you checked various wedding sites/directories to get a better idea of what you need?

You can even start here, by getting 'recommended' vendors on WeddingWire! Based on your answers to a few questions (budget, number of guests, location, etc.), the system will automatically populate a list of possibilities that will fit your needs.

To start:
-Go to 'My Wedding' and click 'My Vendors'
-Click the 'Recommended Vendors' tab

This should help you get a better idea of where to look and what to look for! You can usually easily find the ones that allow outside catering --- or easily shoot over an email to them to ask!

You can also search directly from our homepage at www.weddingwire.com for 'Venue' vendors in your area.

Good luck! :)

Married: 01/07/2003
Jun 25, 2012 at 9:46 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Have you thought about a hotel? It's a one stop deal! Most hotels recommend a catering but don't enforce it. I've been to a wedding at the Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown that was AMAZING!!! My cousin had an outside wedding under a beautiful tend. It was gorgeous. Check it out: http://www.marriottcourtyardgreenville.com/
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct