Popcorn Bar?
Has anyone done one or planning to have one? If so how did you do it? I'm thinking of using a popcorn bar as a favor.

The Future Mrs. S.
Married: 07/05/2013
Posted On: Sep 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

11 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Just Reenski
Married: 1+ year ago
Reviews: 9
Sep 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think Kimberly did one at her wedding, but I haven't seen her around in a few months. There's another bride on here also doing one, but I can't remember the name, let's see what I can dig up for you...

Married: 01/20/2013
Reviews: 7
Sep 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have not been to an event with one. But, I have heard about them. They usually have different flavors, like cheese, carmel corn, pepper flavored corn, regular ect... and then you can have cute little cones like this that people can eat their popcorn out of.

Great idea! It will be adorable!

The Future Mrs. S.
Sep 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Great...thank you! I'm not very crafty but I'd like to give this a try.

Just Reenski
Reviews: 9
Sep 15, 2012 at 11:42 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh, here's a post with some inspiration pics in it:

http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/popcorn-table-instead-of-candy-table/aa29081fae9c973a.html

Here's Kimberly's post about her bags, and she listed her flavors:

http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/diy-bags-for-popcorn-buffet-pics/d728f1273e17c19a.html

And I cannot find the recent one that one bride has stamping the bags herself.

The Future Mrs. S.
Sep 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thank you!

Married: 05/25/2013
Sep 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Im also looking into doing a popcorn/ gourment pretzels but haven't got all the details yet!!!

Jessicka717
Sep 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am having three large containers of movie theater butter, cheddar and carmel. Then I have popcorn boxes that the guests can scoop their own into. I will also have tall cellophane bags to stick the boxes into if they want to take them home.

Married: 07/26/2013
Reviews: 6
Sep 15, 2012 at 8:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I love the idea of using popcorn as a favor. I wanted to do a popcorn bar for our wedding...but got talked out of it. Not sure where you live, but I have Google'd gourmet popcorn and found sooooo many places that have an amazing variety of flavors. So check it out and it seems fairly cheap. Also check out pinterest for some ideas. Good luck!!

The Future Mrs. S.
Sep 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks Jessicka...I hadn't thought about the cellophane bags with the boxes!
@DeAnna... I don't live near any of the gourmet places that I've seen on google but I've found a couple places that ship their popcorn and they say it will last months.

Jessicka717
Sep 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yumo I just read thru this again. I should buy some kettle corn from hersheypark because that stuff is the best. I also saw something on line that talked about spraying butter on the already popped popcorn and sprinkling on flavor but I talked to someone that said they didn't really know if that would work out well. I bought 50 old school red and white square popcorn boxes on ebay for I think it was 25.00. They had large quanities but that was all I needed.

The Future Mrs. S.
Sep 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Its nice to know that you got the popcorn boxes for such a good price. I'm debating whether or not I want them to be in our colors...navy, white, and pink or not.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct