Pocket Invitations
Has anyone ever used the company Cards and Pockets for a DIY pocket invitation project?? I am thinking of going this route since my new obsession obsession is pocket folds!

Has anyone else made DIY pockets? If so, any tips or pictures??

Married: 10/22/2011
Reviews: 5
Posted On: May 10, 2011 at 2:19 PM • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

18 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Meghan
Married: 08/20/2011
Reviews: 3
May 10, 2011 at 2:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I used them! They were great! I had the backing mounted, then just glued the invites on them.

I actually didn't use their cardstock. I bought it- but ended up buying my own. I recommend just buying the folds with the backing attached, then buying your own cardstock at a craft store.

Here are mine:

Married: 08/16/2014
May 10, 2011 at 2:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yes I have also used them and love there products I started out with the samples first and the product is great and reasonably priced. I was quosted $700 for invitations and found them online and decided to do them myself for about $200 saved $500.

May 10, 2011 at 4:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Meghan, I LOOOOVE your design!!!! Do you creat that yourself?? If so, what program did you use??

MrsHarris
Married: 03/17/2012
May 10, 2011 at 4:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
i used cards and pockets!

i bought the envelope, pocket fold, the invitation mat and rsvp envelope from them. i didnt opt for them to mount it (to save money) but OH BOY its a lot of work! 100 of them took a good couple of hours! might have been worth it just to pay them to mount it... the rest i bought cardstock and printed/cut to what i wanted. saved myself about $400

they actually didnt pack my order correctly, so if you do order from them make sure you count the entire package contents and mark it against your order confirmation. i emailed them and they sent the missing pieces immediatly so it was no big deal...

heres a pic of one piece i mocked up... i need to alter the cutting margins for the inserts

Meghan
May 10, 2011 at 4:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I found it online somewhere. I did a search for free invitation templates. I can't even tell you what site I used. It was actually just for the invite and RSVP card. I just typed my info card on the RSVP card and cut them to size. I used extra cardstock- but I only had a few invites to make, so it wasn't a big deal for me.

I know there are some graphic designers you can hire to just do the design work and do your own printing. Just another option.

Married: 04/28/2012
May 10, 2011 at 4:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I also ordered through them! I LOVE them and the customer service was great. I would recomend ordering the samples first so that you can see exactly what color you are getting. I dont have mine together or printed yet so I have no pictures but mine are the same style as FutureMrsHarris, and they are beautiful

Meghan
May 10, 2011 at 4:52 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Another great tip- like them on Facebook! They have occassional coupon codes (not often). they also hav a gallery where people can upload invitations they have made with their materials! You can get a million ideas!

May 10, 2011 at 5:53 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Future Mrs. Harris - your invites look great!!! What program did you use to design it??

Meghan - where would I hire a graphic artist??

Thanks!

May 10, 2011 at 5:53 PM • 
This post has been hidden by the author.
Hidden On: May 10, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Married: 04/28/2012
May 10, 2011 at 6:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Furture Mrs Harris what did you use to mount them? Just regular glue sticks? or something more sturdy?

Married: 08/21/2010
May 10, 2011 at 6:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I ordered from them and had mine printed at Kinkos. I used glue dots (make sure they're the permanent ones) to stick them.

Private User
Married: 2+ years ago
May 10, 2011 at 7:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I love them too. and I'm saving hundreds (maybe a thousand) dollars because I'm using them and DIY-ing them. for 300 invites (mostly going out of the country as a formality) if I had a local vendor make the ones I'm making they would've been about $2k, I'm doing it all for about $600 which is about $2 an invite including postage :)

MrsHarris
Married: 03/17/2012
May 10, 2011 at 7:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Tiffany W: thanks! i actually "designed" them myself :) i just googled the picture for the background and pasted into word. I print/cut them to the size i wanted. for the actual invite... that is printed on vellum paper and laid on top. i just looked up other wedding invites for wording and made it in word, print and cut to size. The inserts were more difficult... i had to make my own template after figuring out the dimensions. if you decide to go with this type of pocket folds id be more than happy to email you the template i made, along with the cutting guide!

@Amanda D: i used a spray adhesive. it comes in an aerosol can, mounts things much better than regular glue/glue sticks. its not wet like elmers which can cause paper to ripple. its easy to use, dries fast, i use it a lot for scrapbooking too. http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-Super-77/Super7

Married: 07/15/2011
May 10, 2011 at 8:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh my gosh! I've never seen these before- I know I'm out of the loop. They're SO ADORABLE!!!

May 11, 2011 at 4:04 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks so much, Future Mrs. Harris! Such great tips!!

Did you know that Cards & Pockets actually has templates for their inserts? I bet that is really useful.

irin997
Married: 06/18/2011
Reviews: 6
May 11, 2011 at 4:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I used Cards & Pockets for my envelopes. I was going to use them for my paper because their prices are great, but I found that buying a larger box of paper resulted in a lower price elsewhere.

The only complaint i have for C&P is their shipping prices. Ouch!

Beth G
Married: 2+ years ago
May 11, 2011 at 4:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am planning to purchase the pockets and possibly the envelopes from them. But I have a local printer who will put my design on cardstock then cut my inserts to size. Then I can have ALL the assembly fun....

Married: 1+ year ago
May 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
These are great ideas

Married: 12/04/2011
Apr 05, 2012 at 2:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hey Tiffany, i used to buy my pocket invitations from PrintingBlue.com company which provides awesome quality pocket folders printing. my all wedding invitations was designed this company and it was just awesome :) try with them hope you will be satisfy. well here is the company link http://www.printingblue.com/folder-printing/pocket-folders.asp
Edited On: Apr 05, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct