Please help me with my flowers!
My current boquet consists of white peonies, white freesia, Queen Anne's lace, and purple vanda orchids. Shown here in order.

Michelle
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 5
Posted On: May 3, 2011 at 10:06 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

29 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Michelle
May 03, 2011 at 10:09 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Here's the purple and bi-color purple Vanda and my BM dress.

Married: 07/23/2011
Reviews: 12
May 03, 2011 at 10:09 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
What seems to be the problem? I like all these!

Mrs. S To Be
Married: 10/22/2011
Reviews: 6
May 03, 2011 at 10:12 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
So what's the question? Pretty flowers.

Michelle
May 03, 2011 at 10:13 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
The BM dress will be in plum. And currently I have their flowers as just a bouquet of white peonies. Now, my questions (finally!) are:
1. should I have all white bouquet, all white and purple vandas, or white, lavender, and purple vandas?
2. Should I give the girls color as opposed to all white? I thought about using this blush peony. To kind of bridge the color spectrum between white and purple, kind of soften it a bit.

Michelle
May 03, 2011 at 10:14 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks for your patience! The lavender flower would be lavender freesia, here

Michelle
May 03, 2011 at 10:16 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Here is the plum color of my BM dress.

Married: 09/08/2012
May 03, 2011 at 10:17 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
my flowers are going to be all pink and the girls flowers will be white.. as they are wearing pink dresses... I think itsup to you but make sure you place some colours in YOUR bouquet as in pictures it might blend into your dress.

As for the girls same idea make sure the flowers arent to similar to the dress so they dont blend in to the dress as well... does this help??

Hayley C™
Reviews: 1
May 03, 2011 at 10:17 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I love the mostly white with the pop of purple for you!

and yes... I like the blush peony, QA lace and purple vandas for the girls. (keep something that is just in yours - so maybe no freesia for them?)

The lavender freesia is a cool color and they have warm purple dress... so I wouldn't put those together.

Edited On: May 03, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Mrs. S To Be
Married: 10/22/2011
May 03, 2011 at 10:19 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I like the all white for the girls and the pops of purple for you, but keep it simple, only one colored flower.

PS I like the orchids - GORGEOUS and eye catching.

Michelle
May 03, 2011 at 10:22 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hayley, yes I was only going to give them one or two flowers. Currently they only have white peonies. And I was thinking of changing theirs to the blush peonies. Because it's warmer and not such a stark contrast like the white. Also, my dress is diamond white, so maybe I should have off white flowers?

Rebecca, yes currently my bouquet is those first 3 flowers and only 1 color, the purple vandas. I'm just freaking out because this week I have to order them, and can't make any more changes.

Michelle
May 03, 2011 at 10:23 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Maybe pink peonies and white freesia for the girls?

Hayley C™
May 03, 2011 at 10:24 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you are not sure about the exact whiteness of your flowers ask the florist... but looking that the example they are not a stark white flower anyways, and I think you should be fine. I think the only WHITE white flowers are fake silks... all have a tint of ivory to them.

Michelle
May 03, 2011 at 10:26 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yeah, that's true Hayley. I really liked that second bouquet you posted. Pretty!

Hayley C™
May 03, 2011 at 10:27 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
more ideas...
light pink peonies as well as dark purple sweet peas, freesia, and white cymbidium orchids with touches of light pink on the lips

http://blog.theflowerlab.com/2010/08/

Edited On: May 03, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Hayley C™
May 03, 2011 at 10:30 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Do you have an image of your dress?

i can do my "famous" cut and paste mock up.\]

Michelle
May 03, 2011 at 10:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yes! here's my dress! I just had my final fitting on Friday and holy cow it just hit me how close I am!

May 03, 2011 at 10:51 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think any way you go with it will be beautiful. My colors are orange and white and my bouquet is all orange because it will pop with my dress and my bridesmaids (who will be wearing orange dresses) will be carrying white bouquets that match mine. Your flowers are all pretty, so any combination will look great. :)

Oh and your dress is gorgeous!!!

Hayley C™
May 03, 2011 at 11:01 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
#1 you mostly white, them white with some pink and purple

#2 - them mostly white, you get some more color

#3 - You have a 2 or 3 pink peonies in with your white ones and a very small touch of purple... and the girls no white peonies, just pink and a lot of those purple orchids.

Edited On: May 03, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Married: 07/15/2011
Reviews: 3
May 03, 2011 at 11:27 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
OK, Hayley officially rocks!!!

One comment I have is the idea of a blush peony to bridge the color gap is great. You won't really be able to tell in photographs is their peonies are white or blush, but it will give it a softer look.

Michelle
May 03, 2011 at 11:39 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
OK, thanks Jennifer! I'm now leaning towards having theirs be all blush peonies and mine be those 3 white I first listed plus lavender sweet peas. It gives it a soft purple and I think goes well with their blush flowers while not being to close to it and giving my bouquet that extra pop of color!

Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct