Pistachio
I've just started playing with ideas for color schemes and themes for the ceremony/reception. I really like the color pistachio for the bridesmaids' dresses, and would like the accents to be lilac/chocolate/ivory or something of the sort. The trouble is that I'm having trouble finding decorations and favors that are pistachio colored... any help?

Terran
Married: 12/18/2010
Posted On: Mar 21, 2010 at 9:21 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

8 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 12/19/2010
Reviews: 5
Mar 21, 2010 at 9:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think that will prove to be a challenge... maybe use it as an accent color or something...

Terran
Married: 12/18/2010
Mar 21, 2010 at 9:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I've found dresses and other WP attire in Pistachio, and getting the right color ribbon would not be a problem. I think my main issue would lay in finding a way to decorate the tables... Also I'm not sure which flowers would go well...

Married: 12/19/2010
Mar 21, 2010 at 9:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
hmm idk... I am not sure either... your florist will be able to figure that out though.

Married: 05/19/2010
Mar 21, 2010 at 9:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Agree, when you can not find something in the pistachio, use your chocolate/ivory combo. Flowers that are in green shades: hydrangea, roses, orchids. Google green/chocolate weddings and you should be able to find some photos to get some ideas.

Married: 06/14/2008
Reviews: 6
Mar 21, 2010 at 10:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Green and purple are very common when it comes to flowers. I actually have a floral shop & I have some pictures on facebook you are welcome to browse through to get ideas and give to you florist. I specifically have a pic of a bouquet w/ antique green hydrangeas (they were actually white and I sprayed painted them antique since they are sooooo much cheaper), and other flowers. In the bride's I also used fresh cut kale (just like the one you can eat) and it's a mix of a darker green leaf with purple in the middle.

Search for techridgefloral@yahoo.com on facebook. I contantly update my pictures all the time.

Celebrations

Celebrations
Mar 23, 2010 at 12:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you have found ribbon in the right color, that can be added to your table decor in a variety of ways. You can use it to decorate/drape the front of your specialty tables, accents in centerpieces or even as table runner. Ribbon is a great and usually inexpensive way to add your colors to almost every area of decor. Don't forget, if your WP will be wearing that color, you can probably get material in that color and make your own overlays and runners too. You could also find card stock in that color and use it to make programs, menues, favors and more!
BTW...I love your colors!! It just seems fresh!

replica
Married: 05/23/2010
Aug 02, 2010 at 11:05 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

J
Married: 04/30/2011
Aug 18, 2010 at 2:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Terran, my wedding colors are pistachio and and I have found lots in pistachio. If you are still interested let me know and I'll give you some websites to visit.

J
Married: 04/30/2011
Aug 18, 2010 at 2:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Terran, my wedding colors are pistachio and ivory and I have found lots in pistachio. If you are still interested let me know and I'll give you some websites to visit.

Jhon
Married: 02/06/2007
Aug 20, 2010 at 5:47 AM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct