a pentecostal ceremony
Hi fellow brides,

We are hopefully going to have a pentecostal wedding ceremony and I am very excited about this as my faith probably is the biggest most interesting part of me. I cannot wait to have an atmosphere of worship and praise on our big day.

I for myself am happy to cover-up (as i mostly do) for the ceremony and will be having a bolero and straps on my dress. After the ceremony I will have the straps.

Anyone wlse having a pentecostal or church ceremony? What are the things you are looking forward to?!

p.s. i am just about to start the counselling and I am a bit nervous and over anticipating, but thats just the wedding bug catching me!

Married: 1+ year ago
Posted On: Apr 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

12 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 09/01/2012
Reviews: 5
Apr 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am having a church ceremony but I'm just really looking forward to the day as a whole. My pastor is going to crack a joke or two to get everyone loose and get the nerves out the atomsphere. But it will most definitely be a holy ghost filled day. Just excitement all in the air and the angels rejoicing.

Married: 10/06/2012
Reviews: 2
Apr 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I love praise and worship and I have no doubt, knowing our pastor that CHURCH will be going on. We should be starting counseling shortly also, I too am a bit nervous but know thing will be fine.

Honey B.
Married: 2+ years ago
Apr 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We're having a Catholic ceremony and had to go through Pre-Cana and meetings with the Priest that is marrying us. I just recently went through the RCIA Program to become Catholic as I was unbaptized prior. It was an amazing experience and I am so glad that I decided to do that for myself. I'm looking forward to our ceremony more than the reception at the moment because I'm excited to hear the readings we chose!

Reviews: 8
Apr 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh yes I'm expecting the holy ghost to be all over I just can’t wait! I suggest you all get the book "Inviting God to your wedding and keeping God in your marriage" It is absolutely awesome! It is holding my mind together throughout this whole thing and is a constant reminder of who is in control

krisalicious
Married: 04/28/2012
Apr 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi!

We're getting married in a Lutheran church. I adore our pastor and I feel so blessed he's marrying us. He's this really rare wonderful find - totally charismatic and interesting and kind, and able to discuss our religious misgivings without making us feel judged, at all. FH is a lapsed Catholic who always has said he doesn't care much for religion, and FH left each of our meetings with that Pastor totally inspired and ready to join the church (if only it was in our hometown!). We were very nervous to start our premarital counseling but it has been so beneficial for us.

I'm looking forward to the church music. :) I love hymns. And also the long aisle, and the sun that pours in through the stained glass windows. We chose the church for the pastor first, but it also happens to be this gorgeous historic building, so we can't complain about that!

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:54 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
thank you ladies,

You are the best -

@ James to Be I have that book, but FH bought it for me for christmas and it keeps me grounded, knowledgeable and helps me extend that first invitation to God and know that he is the most important person in our marriage. Highly recommended. I am just about to start the planning stages.

@honey b- congrats for the baptism, and i too am looking forward to the ceremony more than the reception. the readings and hymns

Honey B.
Apr 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Mary- Thank you! Even though I've read all the readings we picked, I always feel like I get a deeper meaning out of them when I hear someone else reciting them. Two of my FH's aunts have volunteered to be our readers.

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
thats great, you can always find new meanings to bible scriptures and on that day it would be so special.

Me and FH are thinking of renewing our baptism in preperation for marraige

Rubylee
Married: 02/12/2012
Reviews: 8
Apr 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
How exciting! We had a "Jesus People Wedding" and it was amazing to see everyone we loved gather in one place and singing along praising God. Pastor pulled an altar call at our wedding and 3 people got saved.. it was the best wedding gift! [:

Married: 09/01/2012
Apr 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Rubylee that was great and blessed gift. :) It feels great to know that people are taking religious serious and wanting to know God more. Thank you Jesus!!

Married: 10/06/2012
Reviews: 2
Apr 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Absolutely Jasmine B, had to post again, just to come into agreement with you on people wanting to know God more and I could never pass up the opportunity to give thanks, so I'm saying a Thank You Jesus too!!! :)

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Let the church say AMEN! We had a church ceremony and I do tell you it make a big difference when you have the father the son and the Holy ghost all there with you . My DH was raised in a baptist church and I was raised as a pentecostal so you know our families were ready to shout all night long. I was the one whom was never suppose to get married when I was you ng and neither was he. We grew up in the same area. I can say that i truly thank GOD for knowing him for myself.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct