Outdoor weddings...who has a backup plan for rain???
I am having an outdoor ceremony, and literally no back up plan as suggested. I am just going to be praying for no rain! Who else has no back up plan? Just wondering...please don't try to worry me with the " you really should have a back-up plan, what if..." I have faith that god will hold off for those 30 min. :)

Married: 06/26/2010
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Jun 4, 2010 at 2:17 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

65 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 07/31/2010
Jun 04, 2010 at 2:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You are not alone!I am having an outdoor ceremony AND reception and have no back-up plan in case of rain.I keep thinking maybe I should have one,but...i've never had a back-up plan for anything else in my life.....so why start now!!

Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 2
Jun 04, 2010 at 2:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Fh keeps tring to get me to change our date for this exact reason. We live in southern cali and it really doesnt rain that often. SO im not changeing the date. IF it rains the venue has a covered patio which is where our cocktail hour is. The coordinator at the venue said they have had weddings moved to there and look very nice

JessSquared
Married: 07/10/2010
Reviews: 1
Jun 04, 2010 at 2:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I don't have a back up plan either...people will just have to huddle up under the tiki hut and wait for it to pass or we'll just party in the rain.

JessSquared
Jun 04, 2010 at 2:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh and I live in Florida so chances of rain are pretty good for a summer wedding

Mrs. Carmen
Reviews: 4
Jun 04, 2010 at 2:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We're splitting rental costs with the bride getting married at our venue the day before us, and she's reserved a massive tent in case it rains. If it doesn't she'll cancel the reservation. If so then we're covered (no pun intended).

Married: 10/02/2010
Jun 04, 2010 at 2:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We finally decided that we dont wanna tke the chance of a muddy front strecth. We are getting married on the start/finish line of a nascar track (the guests will be sitting in the grass between the track and pit wall). We spoke with the track and will be using the garages for a back up plan :( So I also have faith that the rain will hold off for our ceremony and pics.

Reviews: 3
Jun 04, 2010 at 2:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Our ceremony/reception is at the same location. If it rains, we'll move the ceremony under the shelter instead of on the bridge.

Married: 10/09/2010
Jun 04, 2010 at 2:33 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I saw a bridezilla episode where they had an outdoor wedding and no contingency plans. It was really, really sad....even though the bridezilla was completely obnoxious, it was just sad. They barely managed to get married between downpours, guests all sitting on wet chairs, everything on the tables for the reception blew away from the strong wind that came with the storm. They ended up wet and pathetic chugging liquor in a big garage that I think the groom worked at. So if that's your view of your dream wedding reception, definitely don't have any backup plans for bad weather!

Married: 10/02/2010
Jun 04, 2010 at 2:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Wow A.B. you obviously did not read her post. We all know what can happen. That is why she asked for no comments like yours.

Jun 04, 2010 at 2:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You aren't alone! i am getting married the same day as you with an outdoor wedding AND reception and no backup plan!

I am getting married outside and the reception is inside. If it rains, we will be getting married in the reception hall. I'm sure you will be fine.

lol AB must have not read my pre-warning of no negativity...I have faith, that's all the back up plan I need. Thanks for your input though :)

@ all the other ladies...we have a similar what i like to call semi-back up plan...our reception location does have a place indoors that we COULD do the ceremony at if absolutely needed but I really dont like it...so faith like i said, will be all that we will be needing :) luckily I'm in beautiful NC where the weather is usually beautiful here in June

Jun 04, 2010 at 2:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@ BlushingBride, YAY for 6/26!!! :D

Jun 04, 2010 at 2:41 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@ Nascar26 yeah, my thought's exactly!!!

Married: 10/09/2010
Jun 04, 2010 at 2:43 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

Married: 10/10/2010
Reviews: 9
Jun 04, 2010 at 2:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My venue comes with a back up plan. Our venue is set up with the option for indoor or outdoor wedding. They reassured me that they can move everything inside if it rains. Early October is usually pretty dry, hence wildfire season, but it is an El Nino year. Im really not too worried.

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Reviews: 10
Jun 04, 2010 at 2:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I do have a back up plan, we will hold the ceremony in the hall where the reception is held.

I actually saw that Bridezilla it was really sad even with her annoying psycho behavior you wouldnt wish that on anyone.
common ppl what are you thinking you SHOULD have a back up plan
btw im just kidding. I did read your post lol

JessSquared
@AB There's no need to say things like that

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Reviews: 10
Jun 04, 2010 at 2:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
AB that was entirely un called for and very rude.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct