Other great dresses besides David's Bridal..??
Is anyone getting a dress from somewhere besides David's..?? They have greatdresses but I want to look other places. Any onlines site that legit or other big store like DB. Its a small near me I will look there as well. But I was just curious. First day dress shopping not so bad, hope to get something this month!

Married: 09/29/2013
Reviews: 7
Posted On: Apr 6, 2013 at 6:59 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

16 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 10/15/2011
Apr 06, 2013 at 7:03 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I got my dress in a local boutique. Except for alterations, it was a great experience and in 2 hours I had my dress.

Married: 03/30/2014
Reviews: 4
Apr 06, 2013 at 7:05 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am getting my dress from a local store, but they have a huge online store and will ship anywhere. www.mydress4less.com . The people who work in the stores are awesome and I have called several times with questions and was never made to feel llike I was bothering them :-) They also price match too! What they told me is if I find something that they don't have a sample for if I find a store that has the sample go try it on and they can order it for me and match the comps price Good luck with your hunting dear

ForeverMyLove
Wedding: 12/27/2014
A friend works for a small one (don't know the name) and I will go there. However, I am also considering:

IBEX Bridal
Bella Wedding
St. Pucchi
The White Dress

Married: 1+ year ago
Reviews: 4
Yea, I would check out local boutiques. I would have a hard time trusting buying a dress online. But that's just me.

Apr 06, 2013 at 7:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
thanks everyone because when I search online only the cheap looking places pop up and I dont want to waste my money on a knock off bad dress

ForeverMyLove
Wedding: 12/27/2014
Apr 06, 2013 at 7:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I found my list on theknot.com

Married: 08/24/2013
Apr 06, 2013 at 7:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I got my dress from a local boutique as well. It was an amazing experience! One-on-one attention for 90 minutes and I found my dress! :)

Apr 06, 2013 at 7:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
@forevermylove ohkay I will check them out

Married: 06/22/2013
Reviews: 2
Apr 06, 2013 at 7:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I went to Alfred Angelo.

Married: 06/19/2013
Reviews: 5
Apr 06, 2013 at 7:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Great experience with Alfred Angelo. Love my bridal gown and the BM dresses are so nice that I took my daughter to AA to get her prom dress there. 8 dresses total and each of them was well made with no problems

Val
Married: 05/26/2013
Reviews: 5
Apr 06, 2013 at 7:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I went to David's bridal for my first dress shopping experience.. I liked the dresses but wasn't in love.. I found a couple designers that I liked ( Maggie sottero, allure bridals and mori lee) I found a bridal boutique that carried all 3 designers gowns and made an appointment.. I ended up buying an allure dress.

Apr 06, 2013 at 7:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I may try to shop by desinger then...cause DB had some things I liked but not all in one dress

Married: 05/11/2013
Reviews: 1
Apr 06, 2013 at 7:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Try a local bridal boutique. If you are concerned about budget, they usually have a rack of samples for sale.

Married: 11/08/2014
Apr 06, 2013 at 10:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Try finding local boutiques. In my opinion, there is nothing like the feeling of trying on "the dress", even if you don't know it until you put it on.

What I did was I looked online at TheKnot.com, WeddingChannel.com (not sure if that's even a site anymore), Brides.com, etc. It can get exhausting. For me, I spent a long time trying to find "the dress" and was convinced that I was going to need to have it custom made through Julius Bridal or something. The dress that ended up being "the dress" was something that I had actually seen several times. It was one of the original Porsha's by Maggie Sottero and was in every magazine BUT they only showed it in fuschia, so it never once caught my eye until I was online one day and found it. I don't remember the exact situation but I ended up going online to Maggie Sottero's "Real Brides" site and there was one bride with the dress. Feel free to do your research. If you find a dress you love, even if it is out of your price range, you might be..

Apr 06, 2013 at 10:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
able to find it online for cheaper on craigslist or bridal classifieds that you can find on many wedding websites.

As far as "big chains" go, there is a company that is very similar to David's Bridal called Alfred Angelo. In my case, mine was at a local boutique called The Bridesmaids Store.

Apr 06, 2013 at 10:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Another bride mentioned sample sales at boutiques. That is something you can look into as well and will save you money. I had luck with that, a bride returned my dress (not sure as to why) so even though it had not been worn, they had to mark down the cost. There's so many options out there, don't let it intimidate you though! Dress shopping should be a fun experience.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct