NY, NJ rustic venues on a tight budget?
HI- new to this. Not yet engaged but know its coming. Soooo, Im trying to get an idea of budgeting and how much I need to save. Has anyone had a NY, NJ barn wedding? Im looking at a very small guest list (about 30 ppl). Would like to keep costs for venue, caterering and open bar low....is it possible to do this for less than $10k??? Any venue suggestions?

Not included in this 10k is dress, decor (going do some DYI), photography

Thanks!

Married: 1+ year ago
Posted On: Jun 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

14 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Leisa
Married: 03/29/2013
Jun 04, 2012 at 4:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
There are a ton of places in Upstate NY.....Lake Placid, Saranac Lake, Long Lake, check the Finger Lakes area.......Take a NY map and check the Adirondacks and you will fiind wonderful rustic places. Lake George and the Cascade area is another place to check.......Then, you and FH take a weekend road trip, pack your tent and start researching. I live on Lake Titus, which is gorgeous, but I'm prejudice:) REALLy, check those places out.

And how could I forget Lake Champlain (NY side or Burlington, VT side)....all gorgeous.
Jun 04, 2012 at 4:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
The tough part isn't really the budget, it's trying to find a venue for a small group, as I'm sure you've found out. I did a wedding last weekend at the Inn at Ferndale Farm, (Chesterfield NJ) which is gorgeous, but I don't know about the minimum. Perona Farms, in Andove NJr is not a farm per se, but it has a barn on the premises. The Stockton Inn and the Prallsville Mill, both in Stockton NJ are beautiful and rustic.

Wedding: 10/14/2019
Jun 04, 2012 at 4:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Welcome to the WeddingWire Community @Melissa! As you can already see, there's a great group of brides, grooms AND wedding professionals who are eager and willing to help out with whatever questions you might have!

Happy planning!

Married: 1+ year ago
Jun 04, 2012 at 4:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Perona Farms is on my list!!
Jun 04, 2012 at 6:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Perona is great. We've been there many,many times and they always do a great job. They have all kinds of great settings for photos, the food is great, and their staff just rocks. I think it's a great value too.

Married: 11/13/2011
Reviews: 6
Jun 05, 2012 at 7:38 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Congrats and good luck planning! Please take a moment to read on how to change your avatar so we remember you!
http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/new-to-the-weddingwire-forums-please-read-before-you-post/b433c40c1a62b96a.html

Married: 06/30/2012
Reviews: 5
Jun 05, 2012 at 7:50 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My bff's wedding was at Alliare State Park in Farmingdale, NJ. It was very pretty, but tiny.
Jun 05, 2012 at 7:54 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I forgot Schooley's Mountain, in Morristown, Flat Rock Brook, in Englewood, and Camp Rickabear, in Kinnelon.

Married: 06/15/2013
Reviews: 2
Jun 05, 2012 at 7:55 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
There are a lot of state parks with lower venue fees... i think my church fee was like 1500 for members but the park we are marrying, in upstate ny had 600 site fee

Marisa
Married: 10/20/2012
Reviews: 1
Jun 05, 2012 at 8:35 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Try the Queens Farm Museum in Queens, NY.

Leisa
Married: 03/29/2013
Jun 05, 2012 at 9:19 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Look up Shelburne Farms, VT.....I hear it's beautiful, but don't know about weddings.

Married: 09/21/2012
Reviews: 6
Jun 05, 2012 at 9:21 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
A friend just booked Perona Farms, Saturday afternoon wedding, and got a price of $75pp. Perona has beautiful grounds. Good luck with your search!

Married: 06/09/2012
Sep 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We came across this sight njbarnwedding.com Frungillo Caterers who did my wedding took over this place. Its a real Barn, looks great.

Amenity Planning

Amenity Productions
Oct 05, 2012 at 3:11 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hello, Amenity Planning from NJ (Trenton) will fit your budget and your desires for the perfect special wedding.
Check us out, you will not regret it!

Any questions, please E-mail us!

Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct