Non-Traditional Processional Music.
Are you using non-traditional processional music? I am using two different songs. For my bridal party I am using "heaven" by DJ Sammy. And for me and my Dad, I am using "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore. I had originally wanted "As two become one" by atreyu, but it's pretty intense and don't really a song you walk down the aisle too. LOL. What's yours?!?

\m/ ^ ^ \m/
Married: 2+ years ago
Posted On: Jul 4, 2010 at 10:48 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

28 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 02/17/2013
Jul 04, 2010 at 11:58 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
MINES AVA MARIA BY BEYONCE FOR ME and love theme for st elmos fire for the party im gonna check out urs cos mines not finalized:)

Amy "Been here too long" W.
Married: 11/05/2011
Reviews: 7
Jul 05, 2010 at 12:02 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I was thinking of this last night and I want to use GnR "November Rain" for the bridal party to walk to. I know it's about breaking up sorta, but I LOVE the music.

\m/ ^ ^ \m/
Jul 05, 2010 at 12:19 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
November Rain is a beautiful song though. I've thought about everyone walking to just "Only Hope" but it is not long enough.

Rev. Carleen Burns

With This Ring
Jul 05, 2010 at 12:26 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yesterday's bride walked out to "At Last" by Etta James. I thought it was great!

\m/ ^ ^ \m/
Jul 05, 2010 at 12:36 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I thought about that song, too.

Jul 05, 2010 at 12:37 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Since I will be 35 when I get married I am def NOT doing "At Last"! lol Already sick of people being shocked when they hear it's my first (and hopefully only) time

Married: 09/11/2010
Jul 05, 2010 at 5:31 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am really stuck for what to do for my music. First, I should say that we are getting married at a hotel and the ceremony will be in a small room. The ceremony will be done by candlelight and won't be religious. Because the room is small, it isn't going to take much time to walk in. I was thinking about maybe playing some classical music and then just turning it down low, but still on, during the ceremony. Alternatively, I was thinking about maybe spanish guitar music to have a kind of romantic feel. I don't know - neither classic or spanish guitar really seems right. Any ideas?

Married: 07/10/2010
Reviews: 3
Jul 05, 2010 at 8:31 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My MOH is walking to the instrumental of Bittersweet Symphony. I am walking to a piano arrangement of Love Story by Taylor Swift (it's piano so it's a little more mature) and our recessional will be Smile by Uncle Kracker.

Married: 07/10/2010
Reviews: 3
Jul 05, 2010 at 8:33 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh and Vitamin String quartet does an instrumental of November Rain if anyone wants to look that up and see if they would like it. It might be good since the words won't be in there. Just go to youtube and search and then you can buy the mp3 download from amazon for 99 cents.

Married: 09/04/2011
Jul 05, 2010 at 10:01 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm doing Trans Siberian Orchastera's Christmas Cannon (Cannon in D) and the boys are doing Ecstasy of Gold by Metallica. Therefore imo Atreyu would be awesome :)

The Awesome Thief
Reviews: 10
Jul 05, 2010 at 10:06 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My bridal party walked to "Bless the Broken Road" (I think). I walked to Bella's Lullaby from New Moon.
Jul 05, 2010 at 10:10 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Chris V., I'd suggest not having music played during the ceremony (unless it's during lighting of unity candle). It may distract guests from what's being said and also make it harder for them to hear the two of you and the officiant.

Married: 08/21/2010
Reviews: 5
Jul 05, 2010 at 10:36 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I plan on using Bella's Lullaby for myself, everytime I hear that song it gives me the chills. I'm not sure what song I am going to pick for my bridal party but it will probably be classical too. This is probably something I should be really thinking about at this point LOL

Kris
Married: 07/24/2010
Reviews: 5
Jul 05, 2010 at 10:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
It is such a small wedding I am not going to even have the MOH and Best man walk. I will be walking to the traditional wedding march, but it will be preformed by the guests who are playing the kazoo...they don't know it yet lol should be fun!

Michelle
Married: 09/17/2010
Jul 05, 2010 at 10:45 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
@amberbean - I LOVE your music choices!
My BMs are walking to the instrumental version of Viva la Vida by Coldplay and I'm entering to "Feels Like Home" by Chantal Kreviazuk. We're playing "Only You Can Love Me This Way" by Keith Urban while we do all the signing stuff and the recessional is "Accidentally in Love" by Counting Crows.
Our prelude music is all contemporary love songs that didn't quite make the cut for use in the ceremony but that we love enough that we wanted to incorporate in some way....like "Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol) and Bless the Broken Road (Rascal Flatts).

\m/ ^ ^ \m/
Jul 05, 2010 at 10:48 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My Prelude music is a mixture of Pop & Country Love songs, but is probably going to have a few alternative songs added. I like "Always" by Zug Island but my FS doesn't.. but I really want to play it ... so I am debating. LOL. We both agree on "Feel" by Zug Island also, and although some words fit, others are focused on a breakup, so I will have to edit the song to work if it is used anywhere. Feel was what I was going to walk down the Aisle to.

Married: 07/23/2011
Jul 05, 2010 at 11:10 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
My aunt and uncle about 10 years ago Used Star War's at their Catholic wedding believe it or not. Uncle is a big Star War's Fan, and my Great Aunt played it on the Organ

\m/ ^ ^ \m/
Jul 05, 2010 at 11:13 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thats neat Megan!! I didn't know you could use music like that in a Catholic wedding. My FSIL was married in a Catholic church & they gave her a list of songs to choose from, she couldn't pick her own. And then even had to have her DJ play them... I think she should have been able to use her own choices since she had to get the DJ to get the songs anyway. LOL.

Jul 05, 2010 at 1:43 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Amberbean-I will check them out thanks. I was thinking of trying to find a local band to perform it live at the ceremony but the church doesn't have room for an orchestra. lol

Married: 05/21/2010
Reviews: 15
Jul 05, 2010 at 1:46 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I walked out to "(My Girl Is the) Queen of the Savages" by Magnetic Fields. DS used "(The Future's So Bright) I Gotta Wear Shades" by Timbuk 3. :D
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct