Nice Indoor SoCal wedding venues anyone?
I am planning on getting married in August 2013, the date isn't an issue as long as it is a Saturday in the month of August. I have been searching high and low and haven't been able to find a good INDOOR location where we can have our ceremony and reception. Our budget as of right now is $15,000 and the locations we are looking at is Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach, Riverside, San Diego, Santa Barbara etc. (anything in socal we will consider). Does anyone know of any amazing indoor locations that are also reasonably priced?

Shelley R.
Married: 07/13/2013
Reviews: 2
Posted On: Oct 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

21 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

affordableventplanners

Affordable Event Planners
Oct 04, 2012 at 1:58 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
it depends on what your vision is and how many people. Do you prefer a beachside,
parklike, hotel etc.

Shelley R.
Oct 04, 2012 at 2:10 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
we want sort of a romantic and unique feel to it. I am planning on having 60- 100 guests, depending on the location, especially because a lot of places have minimums for Saturdays. So far I have taken a tour of Calamigos Equestrian and The Mission Inn and Spa, this weekend I will be viewing The Victorian in Santa Monica. I would like a park like setting or a beachside if there are indoor ceremony spaces available! Thanks and I hope this helps!

Married: Recently Married
Oct 04, 2012 at 2:33 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I know of a few because I am a bride on a budget and have done a lot of searching but I don't know if they are your taste. Are you wanting a church or just an indoor space or does it matter? How much are you looking to spend on your venue? What is your theme? Are you open to outdoor spaces at all or does it have to be indoor and do you want both the ceremony & reception at the same location?

Oct 04, 2012 at 2:38 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Check into palm springs there are quite a few really beautiful spots there that are pretty reasonable. There is also this place called the Hidden hacienda here in Hemet. It is a spanish style hacienda estate and someone's private home that they hold weddings at but I think it's really beautiful but it's all outdoors. here's a few pics of it just in case you might be interested. It's really pretty inexpensive too i think for your guest count it would be around $4500.
There's the Edwards Mansion in Riverside that has an indoor chapel.

Shelley R.
Oct 04, 2012 at 2:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I would love a church and prefer the ceremony and reception to be in the same location (so its been hard finding a church that will accommodate that). I prefer indoor spaces due to my allergies, which I would not appreciate having on my wedding day. I am looking to spend about $15,000-$16,000 on my venue( assuming that this price includes food and beverages and the rental price). Anything at this point would help, I need to try to find venue, I feel like I can't get started on anything else until I find it :(

Married: 1+ year ago
Reviews: 7
Oct 04, 2012 at 2:44 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
The Wayfarer Chapel is beautiful. If I thought our families would drive down to southern cal, I would of had my wedding here. Their website is http://www.wayfarerschapel.org and the cost is reasonable compared to prices in the Bay Area. It's indoors with an outdoors feel. Good luck!

Reviews: 7
Oct 04, 2012 at 2:45 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Oh yeah, it's between 2k -3k.

Shelley R.
Oct 04, 2012 at 2:49 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
The Wayfarer Chapel IS beautiful, but they will not let my fiance and his choir sing before the ceremony, which is a downside. But it is on my list! Thank you so much Jennifer! I really like the Edwards Mansion and the fact that they have a chapel is a plus!

Married: 05/12/2012
Reviews: 6
Oct 04, 2012 at 2:59 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

D
Reviews: 5
Oct 04, 2012 at 3:36 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
what was your opinion of Calamigos? Just curious. We checked that one too.

Have you thought about calamingos in Malibu?

KM
Oct 04, 2012 at 3:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Try the Sheraton delfina in Santa Monica

Shelley R.
Oct 04, 2012 at 11:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Well Diane, Calamigos was the first venue we looked at, and we had high hopes . But I dont think it looked anything like the pictures online.What I really liked was the little white house (I think that's what it was called). We went during the open house and that same weekend they had some horse training going on and the smell has horrible. There was a ballroom that we liked but at the moment I cannot recall whatit was called. Overall i dont think it was our style and the smell was too much for me. I dont know when you went to the tour but when my fiance and i went they had very good tasting appetizers, especially the sundried tomato torta , i would recommend everyone who is having their wedding here to add it to their menu. What did you thi nk of it?

D
Oct 05, 2012 at 3:41 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I went when they had an open house too.(how funny)

I liked some aspects of it but not enough to have my wedding there. I felt too much structure and not enough room to do your own stuff. I mean I saw them doing the candy bar and it sucked! I also didn't like the chairs and in the last ballroom we saw had filthy sofas.

I also like the little white house.

I missed the food but did have a Mimosa...lol

Shelley R.
Oct 06, 2012 at 8:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Now that you mention it, the seats were really dirty.. yuck. What other places have you looked at Diane? I just got back from looking at The Victorian in SantaMonica and The Westminster Manor. I think i will be looking at The Park Plaza Hotel this coming weekend.
Oct 07, 2012 at 3:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Check out Ramsey's At the Club, in Toluca Lake. Ask for Jesse, he is awesome. It is a really beautiful venue, really romantic and the food is amazing. If you have any photography questions, please feel free to contact me. I hope that helps!
Oct 07, 2012 at 3:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Also try Rancho Sol Del Pacifico, in Malibu. I have shot some beautiful weddings here.

Edited On: Oct 07, 2012 at 3:29 PM

MyLove&HisMrs.
Wedding: [Private]
Oct 07, 2012 at 3:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

Groomzilla
Married: 11/11/2012
Reviews: 11
Oct 07, 2012 at 8:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Wayfarers is gorgeous...we looked too. But NO reception facilities..and you have 2hrs to get in, get hitched, get out. Kinda kills it.

Calamigos Equestrian is different (same company owns) than Calamigos RANCH in Malibu. Check out their site at calamigosranch.com. They have been renovating the heck out of certain areas..so don't go exactly by what you see on the website which hasn't been updated to the upgrades.

HTH

D
Oct 08, 2012 at 1:40 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I looked at Malibu Phoenix in Malibu....and the venue I decided on is Orcutt ranch in west hills.

Oct 08, 2012 at 1:46 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
You may want to check out Etiwanda Gardens in Ranch Cucamonga they also have an in door chapel and all along the sides of the chapel are windows that allow you to see the gardens it's really pretty.
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct