Money Dance songs
I have no clue what songs to pick for the money dance. Are they slow songs, fast songs? Please help with any ideas.

mr&mrs
Married: 09/26/2009
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Aug 23, 2009 at 3:17 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

9 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 09/24/2009
Reviews: 6
Aug 23, 2009 at 3:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We are using "Money (That's What I Want)" by Barrett Strong. Its a song from the late 50's. Its about mid range in speed. Plus its a song that EVERYONE can recognize. Here is the youtube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6xkT7FMyTc

Happy Crew Productions - DJ Company Specializing in Fun!
Aug 23, 2009 at 4:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We generally use an intro song like was suggested above. Other intro songs you could use are:

If I Had a Million Dollars - Barenaked Ladies
We Need Some Money - Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers
Glamorous (Clean) - Fergie ft Ludacris
Money (That's What I Want) - Flying Lizards
Material Girl - Madonna
For The Love of Money - The O'Jays

After the intro, we suggest starting out slow so your older guests get a chance to spend some one-on-one time with each of you, then gradually speed things up. You can end with a money "conga line." Just cue your DJ when you're ready to switch over. Have the MOH collect and have participants jump in the line.
Aug 23, 2009 at 10:50 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We usually suggest our clients use one slow song, and one fast song. That way, you can accomodate all the different dance styles of your guests. You can choose to do a song that talks about money, or not at all. It's all up to you! Here are the songs that we found that are fun and talk about money:
http://www.squawkboxsound.com/Money_Dance.html

Married: 2+ years ago
Aug 24, 2009 at 1:53 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
i hate conga lines but I also hate the chicken dance - those are on my dj's no, no's and he thinks I"m crazy. But good songs - definately using the material girl song - loving madonna!!!

Married: 05/01/2010
Reviews: 8
Aug 24, 2009 at 9:14 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I have only ever seen the money dance done with slow songs. I know I wouldn't want to get up and dance to a fast song with the bride or groom while the entire place is watching. I am not that confident.
Aug 24, 2009 at 4:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we usually pick a slow song first then pick up the pace. Some songs are Brian Mcknight: Back At 1, Bette Milder:Baby Mine, Pink Floyd:Money, Hope this helps you some.

SKimbell

Oracle Band
Aug 24, 2009 at 8:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
As with anything, opinions vary. In some families, particularly those of Polish ethnicity, one is expected to polka throughout. There is even a tune called the "Bridal Dance Polka" that they expect you to play for the 20-30 minutes that the dance goes on.

Since the majority of the weddings we do are NOT Polish, I tend to suggest to couples wishing to do a money dance, (or apron dance, dollar dance, honeymoon dance, or whatever other names it may go by), that they use slow songs, as it gives them an opportunity to visit a bit during your dance. Starting slow & speeding up is an option of course, but remember that most of the time folks do not line up in order of age!

We generally do not do money oriented songs, but rather slow love songs chosen by the couple.

I've found that typically we need 3-4 songs to get through everyone, with a 5th song handy just in case.

Rev. Carleen Burns

With This Ring
Aug 24, 2009 at 10:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
That's a question for your DJ. They have the experience and knowledge, which is what you pay them for.

Married: 05/05/2012
Apr 28, 2012 at 11:10 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
im so excited my big day is next saturday will have to ask our dj whats the best song :)
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct