MOH ???
I C ALOT OF U LADIES OF MOSTLY ALL WILL BE HAVING A MOH THING IS I DIDNT WANT TO HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN MY 2SISTERS I DIDNT WANT ONE TO FEEL LEFT OUT. SO MY CLOSE FRIEND VOLUNTEERED BUT SHE IS REALLY OUTSPOKEND AND DOSNT CARE FOR OTHER PPLS FEELINGS. WHEN WE WENT SHOPPING FOR WEDDING ITEMS SHE WAS ALWAYS PUTTING HER SPOON IN AND ASKING MY FAMILY WHAT THEY THOUGHT ABOUT ME GETTING MARRIED TO SOMEONE YOUNGER THAN ME? NOT ONLY THAT SHE ASKED MY FH THAT WHAT WAS HIS FAMILY GOING TO CONTRIBUTE WITH AND IF SHE THOUGHT WAS ENOUGH. THAN FOR THE BACHLORETTE PARTY SHE DIDNT WANT IT TO B ALOT OF GIRLS BECAUSE SHE DONST LIKE ALOT OF PPL. NOW MY MOTHER AND I GOT INTO A BID DISCCUSION ABOUT HER AND MY WHOLE FAMILY NOT LIKING HER FOR BEIGN SO JUDGEMENTAL. SO I DECIDED TO TELL HER THAT WE CANCELED THE WEDDING BECAUSE I HAD A NERVOUSE BREAKDOWN AND WAS FEED UP WITH ALL OF THE PPLS COMMENTS. DNT KNW IF I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE IN TELLING HER THAT, BUT I WANT TO ENJOY MY WEDDING AND NOT HAVE TO BE WORRYIN

Married: 11/14/2009
Posted On: Sep 28, 2009 at 6:06 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

14 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

SCheecks
Married: 09/18/2010
Sep 28, 2009 at 6:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I completely agree. I don't think she should be so judgmental. I have to deal with ppl like this too, I just ignore them. Alot of times they just want to add fuel to the fire b/c they are bored with their own lives. LOL. You know what they say, misery loves company

Married: 09/10/2010
Reviews: 2
Sep 28, 2009 at 6:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
YOu don't have to have a maid of honor. Everything thing is an option its your day!

Married: 07/10/2010
Reviews: 3
Sep 28, 2009 at 6:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think you should have told her the truth. It will be really upsetting when she finds out that you are still getting married. I mean I am using both of my sisters as my MOH'S one is 14 and the other is 5. You can always tell her you felt bad not giving your sisters the title, but that she can still be you BM. This way she can make the decision of whether or not she still wants to be in your wedding.

Sep 28, 2009 at 6:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
CONT. THAT SHE WILL SAY SOMETHING AND JUST RUIN THE WHOLE DAY. IT IS MY DAY AND WILL FEEL BAD FOR HER BUT DNT THINK SHE FEELS BAD FOR OTHERS. LIKE MY SISTER TELLS ME "MISERY LOVES COMPANY." SHE EVEN TOLD MY FH THAT SHE DIDNT LIKE HIM BECAUSE SINCE HE CAME AROUND I DONT COME AROUND ANYMORE. SHE IS DATING A MARRIED MAN AND JUST BECAUSE SHES NOT HAPPY DOSNT MEAN I HAVE TO BE RT? ONE OF MY BROTHERS BABY MOMMA OFFERED TO BE BUT I DNT WANT ANY PROBLEMS SINCE MY BROTHERS EX WIFE WILL BE THERE AND HIS NEW GIRLFRIEND. THEY WILL ALL BE PART OF THE WEDDING MY NIECE(FG) 4RM THE MARRIAGE, MY NEPHEW(RB) 4RM THE 1 THAT VOLUNTERED AND THE NEW GIRLFRIEND AND MY BRO ARE PAYING FOR THE HALL. SO I DNT WANT TO TAKE SIDES. EVEN IF ITS MEANS GIIVING UP THE BRIDAL SHOWER AND BACH. PARTY. ANY ADVICE??? IS IT OK NOT TO HAVE A MOH???

SCheecks
Sep 28, 2009 at 6:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Or if u wanted to u could have both of ur sisters as MOH. I mean ppl do things differently with weddings today. Or like banana said, you don't have to have a moh if u don't want to. Good luck:)

Sep 28, 2009 at 6:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
OH YEA BOTH OF MY SISTERS ARE WEARING THE SAME DRESS SO I FIGURED THEY COULD BE BRIDEMAIDS BUT NO GROOMS..... THANX BEFORE HAND.

SCheecks
Sep 28, 2009 at 6:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ur welcome, I know what u mean about dealing with ppl like that, I hate ppl like that. Who do they think they are trying to make u and FH miserable just b/c they are! Thats so wrong, I am so sry.

Jessy
Married: 05/30/2010
Reviews: 5
Sep 28, 2009 at 6:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think you should definitely have been honest with your MOH. The problem with lying to people is that you have to keep lying to them... and in this case, its going to be pretty impossible for her not to find out that you are having a wedding and getting married.

At this point, its likely going to be hard to undo the damage of such a big lie. I think you should still sit down with her and tell her that you ARE getting married, but decided that you want your sisters to share MOH duties... or that you've decided to only have bridesmaids. It might help if you explained that you freaked out because you didn't know how to tell her.

To be honest though, if I were a MOH and my friend told me that she canceled the wedding and it wasn't true... I don't know that I'd want to maintain that friendship.

Sep 29, 2009 at 2:19 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
THANK U LADIES FOR UR ADVICE IT WAS ALL HELPFUL. I KNOW THAT LYING WOSNT THE RIGHT CHOICE AND WHATS DONE IS DONE. I GUESS I JUST HAD TO PUT MY FAMILY FIRST AND DIDNT LIKE THE WAY SHE MADE MY FAMILY FEEL WITH HER COMMENTS. THERES ALOT MORE THAT I DIDNT INCLUDE JUST TO LONG OF A STORY. WE DNT TALK MUCH SINCE I WAS THE LAST SINGLE FRIEND SHE HAD. TRUTH IS SHE DOSNT REALLY HAVE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF HER MOUTH AND SHE KNWS IT. I PROBLY SHOULDNT SAY THIS BUT WHEN MY SISTER LOST HER BABY SHE STRAIGHT OUT TOLD HER THAT IT WAS HER FAULT. I DIDNT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT AND STILL REGRET IT TIL THIS DAY. BUT I GUESS I DIDNT WANT TO HURT HER FEELINGS. SINCE WE DONT TALK AND HAVNT TALKED FOR LIKE A MONTH I DO HOPE SHE DOSNT FIND OUT. I HOPE U LADIES FEEL WHERE IM COMING FROM. ONCE AGAIN THANX AND I WONT BE HAVING A MOH. GOOD BLESS!!!

yadayada
Married: 10/30/2009
Reviews: 5
Sep 29, 2009 at 9:03 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I understand why you decided not to have her as your MOH anymore, but maybe you should give her a call and come clean with the truth. I mean, unless you never speak to her again or don't have any friends in common, she's going to find out you are married and then it's going to be really awkward for you, her and your mutual friends. If she's really your friend, let her know that some of the things she did to you and your family were very hurtful. Maybe she has no idea and is willing to work on some of her bad qualities.

Married: 05/15/2010
Reviews: 4
Sep 29, 2009 at 9:28 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Well.. I would say have your sisters as your MOHs.. I have 4 MOHs because I felt they should all be considered honorable.. they all mean the world to me, same with my FH his guys are both BestMen.. so think outside of teh box and you can find all kinds of solutions.

I agree that you should just have let her know that she was being hurtful to everyone, and that she isn't welcome to the wedding if she's going to act that way. I will say though, I understand why you lied, sometimes it's easier to do that than to deal with someone who causes so many problems!

Married: 09/12/2009
Reviews: 8
Sep 29, 2009 at 2:39 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you don't want to pick between your sisters why don't you have them both me MOH? Or is one married? Maybe one could be Matron of Honor and one Maid of Honor, that is what I did. There are no rules. You can have 10 MOHs if that is what you want.

Oct 01, 2009 at 2:26 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I KNW I SHOULDNT OF LIED THAT SHOULD NEVER BE THE ANSWER TO ANYTHING. I GUESS IT IS EASIER TO DO BUT THEN U JUST HAVE TO KEEP LYING. NO WE DNT HAVE MUTUAL FRIENDS SINCE SHES NOT A FRIENDLY PERSON TO BEGIN WITH SHE HAS LIKE ONE OR 2MORE FRIENDS OTHER THAN ME. THING IS SHE LIKES TO CONTROL EVERYONE I COULDNT LET HER DO THE SAME FOR MY WEDDING. MY SISTERS ONE IS 18 AND THE OTHER 19. SO WHAT IM GOING TO DO IS HAVE BOTH OF THEM SIGN AS MY WITNESS. I TRULY APPRECIATE ALL OF UR ADVICE AND CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK.

Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 6
Oct 01, 2009 at 3:33 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Is she a very close friend or just another friend? Because if she was a good friend, I would suggest you giver her a call and explain to her that as much as you appreciate all that she is and you understand she is trying to help (although, to be honest, it doesn't seem to me like she is helping at all just by what you said) she is stressing you out and you should be the one making all the decisions. Tell her that you do not appreciate how she was behaving and if you want to continue your like, just say that you just reconsidered and will continue with the wedding prep but if she wants to be your BM, because you really want your sisters (yes, have both of them) to be your MOH.

But do let her know that you are not willing to take anymore of her attitude.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct