May 2011 Weddings....or anyone that has too much time before their wedding!
So, we were recently engaged and set our wedding date for May of 2011 (to save since we are paying for it ourselves). I jumped right in to booking our venue, we found the perfect spot and I'm so excited!!!!

So....Now what? I'm bored out of my mind! lol What are you all working on while you wait? I have my photographer and dj.....but I feel like now I just wait for months until I can start sending STD's and stuff like that...and I feel like it is a little too soon to take my girls out...especially since one of them is preggers :) Maybe it's just me, but it just doesn't seem like it can come fast enough ;)

Any good sites you can reccomend, two of my favorites for just browsing right now are etsy and bravobride

M&M
Married: 05/14/2011
Reviews: 1
Posted On: Mar 19, 2010 at 2:11 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

21 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Tracey
Married: 05/22/2011
Reviews: 6
Mar 19, 2010 at 2:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I've got the photgrepher, my dress, and we've seleted the tuxes. I'm starting to buy centerpiece stuff so we caqn spread out the payments.

save-on-crafts.com

Married: 04/10/2010
Mar 19, 2010 at 2:17 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I will recoment to just relax and save save save money and eight to six months start the planning because then youll get bored of all the planning and just want the day to be over with.
www.theknot.com
www.weddingchanel.com

Wedding: 09/20/2015
Mar 19, 2010 at 2:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
looks like our wedding is getting pushed to october of '11. soo im in the same boat. you can always start little details like deciding your colors or flowers possibly a theme if you want one. one of my sites is www.save-on-crafts.com

Married: 07/09/2011
Mar 19, 2010 at 2:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Our wedding is not until July 2011 and somethings that I have been doing are: going to bridal shows, getting general guestlist numbers from both sides, went dress shopping, looked at what diy projects I want to take on and which ones I can ask others to do, asked my fsil who's 14 and loves music to start making a music list for the DJ, I got a file box and wedding mags and started ripping out pages I liked and filing them by category- this way when I go to an appt I can just bring that file, also photographers book super fast so that maybe something you can look into online- get an idea of what style you want and if you see someone that you love meet and book!...you never really realize all the little details that go into every big detail until you start doing it...

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:26 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

M&M
Mar 19, 2010 at 2:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks for the sites! I'm a big time "planner" and always feel like I need to know what is going to happen and how it's all going to come together NOW....it's so tough being patient :)

Good ideas with buying things here and there....we are going to be doing alot ourselves (or atleast what we can handle) as well so anything creative and that saves money definitely interests me!

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:34 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I did my garter, flower basket, unity candle, pillows, veil, flower girl head peace,some candle favors, and some other things but cant remember. LoL

M&M
Mar 19, 2010 at 2:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You did all that yourself?! Wow! There's so much I haven't figured out yet lol That is great!

Unique
Married: 02/11/2010
Mar 19, 2010 at 2:39 PM • 
This post has been flagged by the WeddingWire Community and is now hidden.

z&k
Married: 2+ years ago
Mar 19, 2010 at 2:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I LUUUUUV the date of your wedding! (o; (I just hope the Air Force cooperates & I can keep my date!)...I've been engaged since January of 2009~so,I've REALLY had a looong wait!LOL!I'm DIYing almost everything,so my crunch time will be from probably this November on.But,in the mean time I just went to the library & checked out all the books & magazines I could. I'll bet I checked out over 40 books! And the bridal magazines were like from 2008,but they had great advise that is timeless.2 books I would recommend are:Planning the Most Memorable Wedding on Any Budget by Elizabeth Lluch & Jo Gartin's Weddings.Also,do a google search of bridal blogs & you can get great ideas/info on there too!

M&M
Mar 19, 2010 at 3:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
LovelyUnique....thanks! :) It drives me nuts, but that's what everyone is telling me too...just enjoy it! I have a countdown and looking at it every day 430....429....428....it just doesn't go fast enough! lol

Although, I have to say....giving myself the time is probably the best thing I could have done....along with being a planner, I stress easy and had we done it any sooner I'd probably be driving myself even more insane!

M&M
Mar 19, 2010 at 3:01 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
z&k.....I love yours too!!!! ha ha! Oh my gosh! That IS a long engagement! Thanks for all the tips! I'll check them out! Reading will definitely keep me busy! :)

Unique
Mar 19, 2010 at 3:05 PM • 

M&M
Mar 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
LOL! You sound just like me! I attempted to do the seating then realized how totally pointless that is with no responses yet! ha ha!!! (I do love the ww seating chart feature though!)

That would be wonderful! :) Have a great weekend!

(see...I come on here for something stupid and now I can see myself getting completely sucked in! :) I do think this will be a great "outlet" for the next year and more!)

Unique
Mar 19, 2010 at 3:18 PM • 

M&M
Mar 19, 2010 at 3:20 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Me too! Ok I'll look for it!

imparis79
Mar 19, 2010 at 6:45 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We're getting married on the same date!! I too found the place to have the ceremony and the reception..i also got my dress! I haven't done anything for the wedding in WEEKS!! We still have over a year!!

Everyone keeps telling me that it will go by fast. I sure hope so!!

Married: 04/22/2011
Mar 19, 2010 at 6:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Our wedding is April 2011, so far anyways. So I started off with DIY projects! I love all these hobby-like-activities which have a purpose. :)

Married: 05/21/2011
Reviews: 5
Mar 20, 2010 at 12:00 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
same here! may 14 2011.. but may be moving to may 21 so my best friend (since 4th grade!)can be there as my bridesmaid. haven't booked anything yet so the date is arbitrary really at this point.

Married: 2+ years ago
Mar 20, 2010 at 12:58 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am working on figuring out what I really want so that when the time comes I am just putting things into play. I am very detail oriented and I know I would get frustrated if when the time comes and I don't know what I want, where to get it etc. The fine details makes the day so I am paying attention to those while I wait. I started working on my guest list and have been keeping up with addresses. I already have selected the venue (haven't booked it yet because still deciding if 9/2011 is really the date we want), photographer, coordinator, programs, invitations, save the dates, bridal party (girls) and dresses, my colors, reception decor, I have select the style of dress I would like... that's kinda my laundry list thus far.
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct