Light in the box dress???
So, we may have had this discussion before but, has anyone bought or knows of anyone who has purchased a gown from lightinthebox.com????
I have contacted one of the brides that purchased the gown I want and she sent me pics... but I'm still kind of on the fence...
HEEEELP! :) Thanks :)

Mrs. Boat
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 5
Posted On: Mar 31, 2010 at 12:24 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

14 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Mrs. Boat
Mar 31, 2010 at 12:26 AM • Flag As Inappropriate

Nina
Married: 04/10/2010
Mar 31, 2010 at 1:02 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I bought my flower girl dress from there...... http://www.lightinthebox.com/A-line-Spaghetti-Strap-Floor-length-Taffeta-Tulle-Flower-Girl-Dress--HSX486-_p27650.html
When I ordered the dress it had a picture of a cute little girl wearing it and the flowers on it were all ivory, but when I got the dress it was the same one you see on the mannequin with those ugly color flowers. Luckily my colors are pink and chocolate brown. My flower girl wanted pink in her dress anyways so......I took it to a seamstress and she changed them to pink and even added some little pearls for less than $20. In the end I was kinda glad they messed it up because I would have never changed the dress, but it looks better than I ever expected and my flower girl loves it! Oh and I guess they don't post their negative reviews because I tried to post one for this dress 3 or 4 times and it's still not on there.......hmmmm??? The dress you want is beautiful though! Have you tried looking for it anywhere else?

ladylee
Married: 06/05/2010
Mar 31, 2010 at 6:57 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi Danya! There was a post just the other day. Someone posted a dress she'd bought from there and she was very satisfied with the quality. I can't remember who it was. It wasn't a bride I'm very familiar with. But she posted pics and everything.

Mrs. Boat
Mar 31, 2010 at 10:03 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Nina- I have tried looking for it, but I have no idea who's the "original" designer. I had a bride kindly send me the pics (she offered to send them to ppl on the website) and her dress looks great. I think I just needed some extra confirmation LOL.
For $199, I think it's a steal! If I end up getting it, I'm taking it to a seamstress regardless to see if some things can be changed or added :)
Ladylee- I'll try to look for that post! Thanks for the info!

ladylee
Mar 31, 2010 at 10:09 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I've seen a couple of negative reviews on there. But they were few and far between.

Danya the dress almost looks like Maggie Sottero's Melissa Royale. The only difference is it doesn't have the embellishments on it. One thing you can do is copy the text from their description and search for it on Google. I've found that most of the knockoffs take their description directly from the original designer.

Married: 05/07/2011
Reviews: 6
Mar 31, 2010 at 10:13 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
@Danya, I think if you order the dress knowing that you will probably need to change things, then go ahead. I know most brides who order from china wholesalers end up adding or changing something (they usually add color or corset to it). For instance if you purchase a dress for $150 and spending $200-$300 on alterations and "fixing" it you will still probably come under the price of simply purchasing a dress in the states. Just don't expect an "amazing" dress. Be prepared for changes.

Mrs. Boat
Mar 31, 2010 at 10:21 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ladylee- you're right, it's very similar to that MS dress. I like the light in the box price better tho LOL. I'll keep my 19398465245654937.99 dollars and go shopping for other clothes with it LOL

Mrs. Boat
Mar 31, 2010 at 10:22 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks jlacy :) I know I should not expect too much, but it'd be great if it was *perfect* :)

ladylee
Mar 31, 2010 at 10:32 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
lol Danya I hear ya. I almost ordered a dress from there but I waited til the 11th hour and wouldn't have had time to recover if the dress wasn't up to par.

Mrs. Boat
Mar 31, 2010 at 10:38 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Ladylee- you have a mermaid/trumpet like dress right? Do you have to wear a petticoat under yours? Did you get it at the same bridal shop you got your dress at or did you get it elsewhere?

ladylee
Mar 31, 2010 at 10:54 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I don't need one b/c there's a layer of crinny as well as a petticoat already sewn into the dress! (I just love Maggie) The only thing i need as far as undergarments is a strapless bra and I'm waiting for the gown to arrive so I can go get fitted.

If I'm not mistaken, LIB has some on their website for pretty reasonable. I also remember emailing them to ask about that and they told me to just give them my requirements when I order the dress.

Mrs. Boat
Mar 31, 2010 at 10:58 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks! You've been a great help!

Mrs. Boat
Mar 31, 2010 at 12:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

wang
Married: 12/02/2011
Oct 20, 2010 at 2:01 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Plus Size Wedding Dresses have been in vogue for many years. Once upon a time, more companies are people who really difficult to find the right clothes.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct