Justice of the Peace or Wedding?
I'm torn right now, I dont know weather to plan a wedding or just go to the justice of the peace. It would be cheaper and quicker; any suggestions?

Married: 06/22/2012
Posted On: Jun 30, 2011 at 5:10 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

23 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 10
Jun 30, 2011 at 5:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
What can you afford to do?
Jun 30, 2011 at 5:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
What's more important to you -- getting married or being married?

Heather
Married: 10/29/2011
Jun 30, 2011 at 5:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Have a big blowout wedding with open bar and fancy centerpieces. Spend too much on your dress. Go into debt. Ride in on an elephant and impress your friends.

Or go to the JOP and out to dinner.

Kim I'm sorry but without knowing you how could we possibly tell you the right thing to do?

Married: 06/04/2011
Reviews: 5
Jun 30, 2011 at 5:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
^^^^agree to Heathers post.

Married: 08/13/2011
Jun 30, 2011 at 5:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
look at you Heather!!! I love it!

Dianne
Married: 08/05/2011
Jun 30, 2011 at 5:15 PM • 
This post has been hidden by the author.
Hidden On: Jun 30, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Married: 06/02/2012
Reviews: 12
Jun 30, 2011 at 5:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
well if u can't wait to get married ive seen alot of this happening : they get married at the justice of the peace then they still have the wedding. Or u can just wait less then a yr like me & just have the wedding of ur dreams thats what im doing. U can find places to have ur wedding that doesn't cost that much if u are in a low budget. BUt i would go for the wedding because u would have the opt to walk down the asile & see ur FH & all & plus celebrate with ur friends & fam!!! As a little girl i have always dreamed of my wedding day & walking down the asile!!!

Married: 11/13/2011
Reviews: 6
Jun 30, 2011 at 5:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
LOl Love it Heather!

Reviews: 8
Jun 30, 2011 at 7:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Its up to you but i will tell you that out of all the people i know who did Justice of The Peace, after looking back they all wish they had a wedding.

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:22 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Just wanted some opinions not smart comments, thank u

ashlee
Married: 01/28/2012
Reviews: 12
Jun 30, 2011 at 8:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
It's not really possible to give helpful opinions without knowing anything about your situation.

Married: 10/10/2011
Jun 30, 2011 at 8:28 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you want a wedding and will regret ever not having one, then wait and make it happen. If just being married and your friends and family not being there isn't a deal breaker for you, it's definitely better to go JOP. It's all up to you though

Married: 07/15/2011
Reviews: 3
Jun 30, 2011 at 8:30 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
It totally depends on your situation, but it also doesn't have to be all or nothing. A good compromise is having the JOP marry you and then going to dinner with friends/family.

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm sure ill regret it it's just stressing me out planning my wedding just wanted some opinions like I said I'm not wealthy and I need to live after the wedding but being married means more than the wedding

Married: 10/10/2011
Jun 30, 2011 at 8:43 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Then have a small wedding! I hate wedding planning, but it's important that our families be there, so I'm making it work. And the ladies here have great tips on having a great wedding on a shoe string budget!

Married: 11/10/2012
Jun 30, 2011 at 9:49 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I had to get marry before the date of my wedding so we did the JOP thing in april...and in november 2012 am getting my nice dream wedding...

so if you cant wait any longer and whats more important for you is to be married then go to the JOP and then later when you save some money or feel its time you can have a wedding...at the end its whatever you want to do...

2d Bride ®
Married: 10/06/2009
Reviews: 10
Jun 30, 2011 at 9:56 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You don't have to have a JOP wedding to save money. You could hire an officiant to come to your house, have the wedding with immediate family only there, then just serve lunch/dinner/cake and punch to everyone. Or get married at a park and have a picnic afterward.

If you end up married, it is a wedding. The question is what sort of wedding you want to have, that you can afford with your budget. And only you can know that.

Married: 07/07/2012
Jun 30, 2011 at 10:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
My fiance is in the military and we are doing JoP first then wedding a few months later.. its up to you some people dont want a big wedding if you go Justic then you could have like a small reception after??? Do what is best fot you:)

Reviews: 5
Jun 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you're just going to the JoP because you're stressed out, don't do it! You'll regret it later and I think we've ALL hit that point. I think I might have even vented a while back that I was so overwhelmed and so tired that I just wanted to elope but the girls talked me out of it and I am so thankful. My wedding was one of the most exciting and fun times for us.

If it's a financial issue, maybe have a smaller guest list and lots of DIY projects. We were able to clear our whole wedding for just over 5 grand. Not too much but it looked like a million bucks! Good luck!

Married: 05/19/2012
Reviews: 9
Jun 30, 2011 at 10:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
This will be my second marriage, the first one I was very young and we went to the JOP (he felt like spending money on a wedding was unnecessary, and because he was much older he took control of our finances), I was always a bit resentful of that........that's why this time around I'm making sure we have a real wedding....yes money is tight, but, where there's a will there's a way. :)

The more research and work you are willing to do the cheaper it will be
Edited On: Jun 30, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct