Invitation Help--VENDORS WELCOME
I received this invitation from a wedding guest last year and have fallen in love with the design:

http://www.papyrusonline.com/niquead/greeting-cards/rami-couture-collection/ivanka-by-rami.html

I've already reached out to the store to see if they carry this style in baby items or if it would be possible to get a custom piece. I think this may be a long shot so I posted on here in the hope that one of you ladies would know of a source who could replicate this style for baby christening invitations. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Andrene
Married: 10/01/2011
Reviews: 21
Edited On: May 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Posted On: May 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

15 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Andrene
May 05, 2012 at 9:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Adding a pic in case the link doesn't work

Anonymous
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 5
May 05, 2012 at 9:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I attempted to do some digging around online to see if I could find a similar style invitation that was more directed for baby and had no luck.

What is it that you love about the invitation? Is it the texture of the dress & flowers? I did find some invitations with ribbon & flowers that had texture but it was much more simple than the picture above.

Andrene
May 05, 2012 at 9:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Everything. The testure and presentation are just jaw dropping in person. For the christening I'm thinking something with a christening dress and maybe a cross or some type of baby item on the card. I would definitely want to have the organza envelop with wax seal but would be okay with a simpler box. This one seems like it is made of some sort of wood and that little knob looks like it would be labor intensive. I'm guessing I won't be able to replicate exactly but would love something similar.

Andrene
May 06, 2012 at 8:56 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I also found this style and I think it would work as a good compromise. Just have to find a way to get someone to reproduce it.

nana
Married: 10/12/2012
May 06, 2012 at 9:48 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
It is beautiful I admit =)

Married: 07/20/2012
Reviews: 14
May 06, 2012 at 9:57 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
etsy has designers that can probably do anything. otherwise check local coffee/tea houses - the privately/family owned ones are the best. they always have a business card/event table or board & lots of designers post there. Especially if the location is close to a local college. If you have a local Art college. Great place to find a designer & you may be able to get exactly what you want at a steal. You can also post an add at a college looking for a student who can do this to also use as a project for their portfolio. Art students will have access & the creative thought to know how to recreate this. otherwise papryus will probably do it at high cost if you call them directly

Andrene
May 06, 2012 at 9:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Great suggestions Nickiya. I visited Papryus today and they already said they can't replicate it so I will definitely need to get creative.

Reviews: 18
May 08, 2012 at 10:57 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Buddy....You referred Kelly King to me. Have you given her a shout out?

Btw, I love the invites. They are gorgeous!

Andrene
May 08, 2012 at 3:08 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hey Buddy. Already sent an email to Kelly. Waiting to hear back from her. In my searches, I also found this invitation. I really think it would be a lot cheaper than the others and would definitely work with the theme.Now I just need to figure out a way to get it made.

Married: 09/22/2012
Reviews: 5
May 08, 2012 at 3:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Kelly will probably be all over this as she and her hubby just had a baby :) She's so super nice. Sorry I can't help more :/

Married: 05/18/2013
May 08, 2012 at 3:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think I can help with the clear invites. I had a large sorority paddle made completely out clear, frosted white, and red acrylic. I went to an industrial fabricator with a mock up and they made it for me. I'm sure you can do the same with thin sheets of plexi-glass. Or better yet by the 5x8 sheets and take them to an engraver.

Carrie
Married: 2+ years ago
May 08, 2012 at 3:23 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you have the money Ceci NY certainly could make it.
http://www.cecinewyork.com

Momental Designs is another who possibly could.
http://www.momentaldesigns.com/

Reviews: 18
May 08, 2012 at 3:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I like the second one better. : )

Andrene
May 09, 2012 at 8:40 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
@MBTB: I agree that if anyone can come up with something that will suit Kelly can. I'm just glad she's back from maternity leave. I've been driving her mad with ideas for months now so at least now we have a better idea what I want so we can focus the design.

@Shileta: What is the name of the fabricator. Any suggestions on a source for the fabric envelopes?

@Carrie: I will definitely check out the sites you suggested. I'm on a very strict budget for invites this time around so I may need to just use them to get ideas and have someone else do a similar design.

Buddy: I'm betting you have picked the most pricey one of the lot:) DH is certain to cut off my emails to you now:)
Edited On: May 09, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Andrene
May 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think I found something that may work very well. Downside is that postage is going to cost an arm and leg.

Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct