Ideas needed for Ceremony exit!
So we got a guideline booklet from my Church and we're restricted as far as what our guests do when FH & I exit from the Ceremony... We are not allowed to have rice, confetti or birdseed because they say it is too dangerous on the concrete and slate... If anyone DOES go against the rules and brings any of those items, then WE will have to pay a $50 fee so they can have someone come in and clean up the mess... So now I'm lost on what to do... I was going to do bubbles, but I kinda wanted to do something different also... Butterflies won't work because it might be too cold for them and also my cousin had butterflies and it wasn't a happy ending for them (alot of them just fell straight to the ground and died)... I was also thinking of using Sparklers, but it will still be daylight out... So this is where YOU come in! I need any and all ideas you may have... What are YOU doing ?!? Thanks in advance!

Married: 02/27/2010
Posted On: Oct 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

21 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Married: 01/01/2012
Oct 16, 2009 at 5:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You could release doves. It's a little costly because they come with handlers, but it may be a beautiful and symbolic way to exit a church ceremony!

You could also pass out cute little bells for your guests to ring as you exit, or if you don't want it too noisy, you could pass out personalized flags.

http://simplysmittenbrides.blogspot.coom

Married: 01/17/2010
Reviews: 7
Oct 16, 2009 at 5:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I still like the sparklers idea! I've seen some really nice pics of sparklers even during the day.
But otherwise I've heard several brides say to use those ribbon wands. They are a long piece of ribbon on a wand that people can swing around. You could see if you could find them in your colors.

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You could even make them pretty easily...

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Smitten - I have thought about the doves also, but I think that would be something that FH & I would release ourselves... It'll definitely get pricey if we have our guests release them also... Plus, we don't know how many people will go to the Ceremony, so we wouldn't know how many to get... So that's a NO, but still a great idea! lol

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Konichiwa - I LOVE that idea of the ribbon wands... I have to admit I have NEVER thought of that... I will definitely look into that and making them myself also... I can differentiate between purple, white and silver... OMG that would look SO cool... Yay thanks! lol

Oct 16, 2009 at 5:55 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'd never heard of them before either. I think I'd heard of them from the forums here but I thought they were a cool idea and would look really neat with everyone waving them when you leave the church! Glad you liked the idea! And My colors are purple white and silver too!

Traci&Bob
Married: 02/26/2010
Oct 16, 2009 at 6:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You could have everyone release helium ballons :) Have the ballons in your colors :)

Traci&Bob
Married: 02/26/2010
Oct 16, 2009 at 6:13 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
You also could get some bells ,like jingle bell things and tie curly ribbon through them and have your guests ring them as you leave :)

Rondo String Quartet

Rondo String Quartet
Oct 16, 2009 at 6:47 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Bubbles or bells work well.

Oct 16, 2009 at 7:18 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Traci - I was actually thinking of doing a balloon release also... Maybe I'll do half balloons and half ribbon wands :-)

Married: 07/31/2010
Reviews: 6
Oct 16, 2009 at 10:25 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
What about having the guests throw rose petals? You can buy freeze dried ones in bulk.

Married: 06/05/2010
Oct 22, 2009 at 2:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Melissa, the chapel where my fiance and I are getting married has very similar restrictions, but we really wanted to do a good old-fashioned rice toss! So, we're using white sugar-sprinkles instead. Stepping on them will crush them rather than make you slip (like real rice or birdseed) and they'll dissolve quickly.

Our venue is totally cool with it. Best of luck and congratulations!

Married: 03/06/2010
Reviews: 5
Oct 22, 2009 at 2:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
KISSING BELLS!!! My FH and I had the same problem. Church wedding with a lot of restrictions. So we baught a buch of kissing bells (you can get them @ walmart) and my MOH and BM will give to guest before the ceremony begins and expalin wheat they are for. Once we are pronouces husband and wife and start walking out everyone will pull out the bells and ring them.

Married: 07/03/2010
Oct 22, 2009 at 2:37 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
A wedding that I was just in used eco friendly fake snow. there is also eco friendly conffite that dissolves as soon as it gets wet, they might let you use. good luck and congrats!!!!
Oct 22, 2009 at 3:14 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
As a photographer, the idea of sparklers sounds wonderful! I'd love to get those pics. Also, I like the idea of the ribbons on the wands. Seems full of fanfare and pomp!

Married: 09/12/2009
Reviews: 8
Oct 22, 2009 at 3:27 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Sparklers, glow sticks, personalized ribbon wands, bells, real rose petals.

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 10
Oct 22, 2009 at 4:35 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I love the idea of ribbon wands, I have recommended it to a many brides on here with a simular situation

yamilehi
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 29
Oct 22, 2009 at 4:38 PM • Flag As Inappropriate

Married: 10/17/2009
Oct 22, 2009 at 4:44 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I like the glow stick idea, but if it is daylight, that might not work as well as at night. We did bubbles, but used two little bubble machines instead of everyone trying to blow them out of the little bottles. I got them from Target in the toy department (they were about $12 each if I remember correctly) and then I spray painted them white so that they would blend....this is a much cheaper route than buying the wedding bubble machines. I haven't gotten my pictures back, but hopefully I'll have some to post next week.
Login or Signup to post a comment!
«12»

Topics

Vow of Conduct