Hunter Green Wedding HELP!
Hello ladies!

I am in need of some advice. I am going with hunter green for bridesmaids dresses and I was thinking about having the groom and groomsmen wear grey suits. Do you think this would look good together?

Also if anyone has any pictures from their hunter green wedding, I would LOVE to see them!

Thanks for all of the help!

Married: 09/15/2012
Posted On: Jan 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

19 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Hayley C™
Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 1
Jan 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi Meg ~ Welcome to WW

I think a lighter gray would look better than a charcoal gray.
What are you thinking for flowers? Lighter green or are you adding an accent color.

Can't wait to hear more about your wedding.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
So I was thinking of using fall color for flowers and decoration like red, orange, eggplant purple but I feel like those colors really won't blend well with the hunter green and grey. So my alternative was using a bright purple.

What are your thoughts?

Hayley C™
Jan 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Do you have your venue booked yet?

What is the mood or atmosphere of the location?
or the mood you want to go for.... fun, romantic, classic, modern, traditional, quirky....?

and does your venue have any colors that stick out? Colors of the chairs, carpet, curtains?

Married: 1+ year ago
Reviews: 5
Jan 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am using hunter green as well, but I went with chocolate brown tuxedos for the guys..I am also doing fall flowers, and I felt the grey would clash.

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
The reception hall has wood paneling. I want a fun atmosphere and I'm trying to go with a country theme with mason jars to help decorate with... I also plan on using the white Christmas lights in sheer fabric to help decorate too. Like draping the fabric and lights around the room. Here is the closest picture I could find.

http://atimelesscelebration.blogspot.com/2009/08/hunter-green-wedding-reception.html

Married: 08/17/2014
Jan 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
i definitely think that brown would look much better than gray...especially because you are having it in fall and the eggplant and other colors you mentioned would work very well with hunter green and brown.
Overstock.com has a bunch of nice suits that are pretty inexpensive as far as suits go...
http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Suits/Brown,/color,/3414/cat.html

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am picturing something like this?? Maybe??

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
What about grey suits, hunter green dresses and purple flowers and silver stuff to decorate with?

Hayley C™
Jan 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I think purple is kinda more romantic than fun.... what do you feel when you see this?
I was trying to pull wild flower looking to go with the mason jars...

and I'm not even sure I'm feeling the green with the Hunter green....

let me come back with orange and stuff...

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Yeah, these both are amazing! Yeah Hayley, the grey with the hunter green might not be perfect. It seems so hard to find pictures online of a grey suit with hunter green.

I don't think brown suits would be bad but I just can't picture it, haha... Maybe I will have to go with black suits, this way if the guys want to buy a suit for the same price as renting a tux then they get to keep the suit.

I really appreciate all of the help. I'm at a lost, haha!

Hayley C™
Jan 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Go to David's bridal website.... they have a "dress your wedding party" tool.... see what you think of the gray suit and the brown suit... I'll be back with the other board...

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
The Future Mrs. J - is there a way I can see that picture a little bit bigger? I can see parts of it but not all of the details. Thank you!

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
You rock Hayley!!

Hayley C™
Jan 12, 2012 at 12:58 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I changed my mind... I like the darker charcoal better than light charcoal.

Orange and purple give it a nice pop.... and a little red in there too...

* think the brown might be the best????

Edited On: Jan 12, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hayley! This is amazing!!! WOW! Are you a wedding/event planner because you have amazing ideas! THANK YOU!!

Hayley C™
Jan 12, 2012 at 1:11 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
not yet... just the wedding wire google fairy....

Please change your profile picture if you plan to stick around, then we will remember you next time....

To change your avatar
Go to your profile, then right next to where it says photos, there is the word edit. Click on it and it will give you the option to upload or change photos
- or -
In the upper right hand side... click on settings, click on Manage Profile Settings and upload a picture to change your avatar.
Different images let us remember you better.
Thanks, and happy planning!

If you want to change your screen name, you can change it under settings, top right - manage account - then a small blue link "manage"

Hayley C™
Jan 12, 2012 at 1:20 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I don't know how much they cost... but I love the look of scabiosa!

Married: 11/13/2011
Reviews: 6
Jan 12, 2012 at 7:50 AM • Flag As Inappropriate

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Here is the brown tux we are going with..hope it helps you picture it! :)

Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct